Autopsy Round 14: Richmond V GWS @ MCG - Changes for Carlton

Vote for your top 5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok someone please tell me what the hell happened today? I didn't see any of the game & didn't even have access to streaming radio!
One team wanted to play but the other wanted to play ugly and nearly won the game.

Kicking at goal was dis-*******-graceful.

Pressure for most of the game was not good enough.

Watching us get bullied by kids was revolting.

Greene the bloody sh*tstain spitting at Miles made me want to break stuff.

Miles' miss at the end made me lose my voice with an almighty roar of *.

The umpiring... come on... what the *? Mainly we copped it but it was just all round terrible.

Our kicking inside 50 was putrid.

But with all of that said we did win. And they were good. Their pressure was massive for 80 per cent of the game, their kicking was good enough, they were very good at cutting off inside 50s with one, even two men back.

The good stuff:
- Rance beating not just Cameron but half their forward line.
- Leaders standing up.
- Cotchin continuing to get physical and be a real captain.
- Jack up the ground was great, inside 50 was good and would have kicked a bunch with better delivery.
- Grimes and Vlas got better and better as the game went on across half back.
- Houli, despite a couple of poor choices, really sparked us towards the end.
- Deledio and Martin came good at the end.
- Edwards' mark and goal at the end... talk about relief. Great mark, cool head to kick the goal.

Dimma spoke on triple m pre game about winning ugly didn't think the playerd were listening.

Dont wanna say i won the game for us but, i missed the start of q2 we were winning when i came back then gws got in front. Missed the start of q3 we were winning then gws came back. So i took one for the team and didnt watch q4 and we won.

The stats don't lie

Many people are probably unhappy about today's result, but I am happy that we could play like this, trail most of the game, and bank the 4 points. This is very unrichmond-like. We would normally lose these type of games, yet won trailing at half time two weeks in a row.

They have matured indeed

I know ill get slammed by some but I was impressed in the end (not all game). We usually lose games like these by 20 odd points but the boys responded to Dimma near having a heart attack at 3/4 time and found a way to get up. Good footy teams find a way to win when they are not playing their best footy.
Why would you get slammed?
Good teams can play badly but still find a way to win...that describes us today.
Take the win and move on to next week :cool:

Vickery needs his arse kicked during the week. pathetic.
Might need a Ruckman tho is Maric gets rubbed out by the ever accurate MRP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets never speak of that game again.
tumblr_l98s3wpuBh1qddjb4o1_500.gif

Why would you get slammed?
Good teams can play badly but still find a way to win...that describes us today.
Take the win and move on to next week :cool:
I was waiting for a reply along the lines of im accepting mediocrity cause we didn't win by 40+ points.

Classy display by both clubs after the siren.

Leon Cameron never looks worried because he knows this side will dominate in 2 years time. Next time we play GWS the result might be different.

On the game. A lot of players were down.

Vickery's first half was deplorable.
Houli and Ellis were very ordinary I thought and I think it's time to see what Hampson can do against Carlton and drop Ivan.

Lambert doesn't have enough tricks either. I hate to say it but I'd prefer Morris.

OUT: Maric, Lambert
IN: Hampson, Morrris (I feel dirty just typing that)

McBean or Asthbury if Griffiths is injured

Changes

Out:
Lambert: Just not ready. Looks too slow at this stage and doesn't have any real "tools"
Maric: Suspended
Hunt: Isn't rebounding. Morris is therefore better in a stopping role

In:
McDonogh: Got to give this guy a go
Hampson: I'd prefer to play Vickery & Griff as our first ruck, but it won't happen
Morris: Back to the back pocket where he belongs

Back