Autopsy Round 14: Richmond V GWS @ MCG - Changes for Carlton

Vote for your top 5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually think this game should he spoken about a lot. To suggest Richmond were behind for the first three quarters because of only being poor is a insult to GWS who played a well planned game during that time.

Hardwick fired up, the Players responded and won a game they would have dropped in the past. It was actually a good result.

Batchelor's two courageous efforts in the last quarter saved certain goals, he continues to win me over.

Edwards last quarter as well, two massive goals we're seeing a star blossom before our eyes.

Most importantly we won, playing like absolute s**t, against a team in the 8. Good sides do that.

Many people are probably unhappy about today's result, but I am happy that we could play like this, trail most of the game, and bank the 4 points. This is very unrichmond-like. We would normally lose these type of games, yet won trailing at half time two weeks in a row.

They have matured indeed
Freo did the same thing to Collingwood the other night
End of the day you only need to win the Grand Final by 1 point to be crowned Premiers
Like I said in the Game Day thread, we hit the front in the 4th quarter and we'll win, haven't lost from that position for a year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Batchelor's two courageous efforts in the last quarter saved certain goals, he continues to win me over.

Edwards last quarter as well, two massive goals we're seeing a star blossom before our eyes.

Most importantly we won, playing like absolute s**t, against a team in the 8. Good sides do that.
think they were ninth yeah?

I thought miles despite the missed set shot in the last was very good. gordon did some pretty good things. thought grigg was very good in second half. cotch, rance and jack huge. ellis and vickery had bad days at the office. conditions didnt really suite ty. would bring in morris for lambert.

We dodged a bullet. Very lucky to win. Did we deserve to? Deserve hasn't got anything to do with it. GWS very impressive except tor face kicking and face spitting.

Finally some heart and purpose. Tough at the ball and the oppo. Maric started to actually jump in the ruck, helped us be proactive. Great defensive efforts by Rance, Batchelor etc. Kam provided some run, as well as Dusty and Houli. We normally drop these types of game( last week too), so its good to see. Some horrendous kicking for goal eff me.

RFI
Maric unless you provide that effort in the last, your useless to us.
Vlastuin is a poor kick, never kicks it to advantage. I shudder when he has the ball. get that right kid, you've played enough games.
Vickery/Griffiths need to have an impact or your out of the team. Your big blokes, use it.
Newman get a kick and get invovled
When oppo's are kicking from a angle, why aren't we standing the 5m from them? It would negate them running around the mark.

Next week:
Lambert, Griffiths(injury?), Hampson (Maric suspension) out

McBean(depends on injury), Madonna( not much else right now, maybe Lennon, Menadue), Hampson

Would really like to see Conca in the small fwd, big tackler role right now.

Last edited:
UDqUMUV.png
http://i.imgur.com/UDqUMUV.png

LOL wonder how long that will remain there

Freo did the same thing to Collingwood the other night
End of the day you only need to win the Grand Final by 1 point to be crowned Premiers
Like I said in the Game Day thread, we hit the front in the 4th quarter and we'll win, haven't lost from that position for a year
Freo eve struggled against Gold Coast and just fell over the line. The falling over the line after a struggle is the more important part

Ugly poor performance for 3Q... but will take the win :)

Hard to take much out of the game... other than how good was Sheds goal!

Think we look better with McIntosh on the ground rather than sub (felt that in his previous game as sub too)
Lambert isn't upto it at the moment.
Maric will just get a fine.

Changes:
Out: Griffith (inj) Lambert
In: McBean, Lennon (sub)

I love you blokes. Game threads are absolutely hilarious when we are down in games. :hearts:

Not even for a moment in that game was I doubting the boys. We were always going to win. I was 100% sure of it.
Got to agree, was angry at our kicking but always thought we would win
WB and Melbourne games you could just see that we weren't going to change things, this week I was extremely comfortable that we would win, especially after last week

Back