Traded Sam Kerridge [traded w/ #28 to Carlton for Troy Menzel]

Remove this Banner Ad

kerridge is worth more than pick 38 .
if thats all carlton are prepared to give afc would be better off keeping him .

Not interested unless its via the PSD.

After all the complaining about getting nothing for Danger under FA, this helps compensate us for Betts (and Jacobs to a lesser extent). We need to retain picks for FS bidding.

Not interested unless its via the PSD.

After all the complaining about getting nothing for Danger under FA, this helps compensate us for Betts (and Jacobs to a lesser extent). We need to retain picks for FS bidding.
Sigh. When will BF wake up to the fact that the PSD is not a reality.
The sooner the AFL does away with it the better.

If he wants to come to Carlton for the money then you either match the money or come close. Or you trade where both clubs are happy. Or PSD.

For a player that you think is worth so much, why haven't you signed him up already?

Because I'm not in charge of list management and have no idea about any of the details on conversations between list management and Kerridge

Jason Tutt came to us via PSD last season. Its certainly a reality when you have a player you want to keep but doesnt want to stay. And guys like Kerridge are who its perfect for - big name players usually end in deals being done, whereas some of the more fringe players can be hard to squeeze out.

We're also not getting pick 9 for Henderson because you guys played hardball on Danger, so I wouldnt be shocked should we not feel very sorry for you - particularly when its not a pick you'll likely use.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is when they have pick 1.

I think he would be a good pick up provided he goes ok with the medicals.
He made a great start to his career but lost his place mainly through injury.
There's no doubt he can play when he's fully fit.
I agree that it will probably be 3rd rounder cos I think Carlton will try and keep as many 2nd rounders as they can get hold of for live trades at the draft and bidding on Rice.

Kerridge is a good player. Injuries have hurt him. When he came to Adelaide he uses to dominate in the SANFL as a 19 year old at Sturt.
Our issue is we have too many of his type. Brad and Matt Crouch, CEY, Grigg, Thompson, etc.
In another team he will be first 22.
Wish him good luck if he goes. He deserves a shot at it.

So he's an extremely fit defensive mid. Do Carlton really need two Ed Curnows?

As much as I love Ed, he"lol never kick 6 in a half of footy.
Kerridge would be easily best 22.
I'd have him ahead of Thomas,TUtt, DIck, Curnow, Bell, Armfield,HOlman,Whiley.
Already an improvement so if we can get him cheap we should do it without hesitation

Kerridge is a good player. Injuries have hurt him. When he came to Adelaide he uses to dominate in the SANFL as a 19 year old at Sturt.
Our issue is we have too many of his type. Brad and Matt Crouch, CEY, Grigg, Thompson, etc.
In another team he will be first 22.
Wish him good luck if he goes. He deserves a shot at it.

He can play VB's role. Whatever that was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back