Recommitted Scott Lycett and Callum Sinclair

Remove this Banner Ad

To be honest, would probably do that deal. Our first is going to be used on Mills, so as long as we have enough points at the end of the trade period I'd be happy.

West coast could make out like bandits though using our next year's picks in some swapping so we can get Mills, you get upgraded picks that you can use next year.

For example, your second this year, for our second next etc... Plus more
Looks like a good deal to me as well as long as we don't then spend the first rounder on Redden.

I'm not as big on Sinclair as others. Think he has played his best and won't get any better.

I expect Lycett to cement his ruck spot over Sinclair next year as long he is over his op.
But Nicnat will never play 23 round season he will always miss a few games every year
So all three will get games.
Lycett excels at boundary throw ins something nicnat isn't as strong at, so they compliment each other very nicely.

But wouldn't trade either this year.

It would have to be something heavily in favour of WCE to happen.

Something like

Jetta and pick 14 to WCE
and
Sinclair and 17 to Sydney

Otherwise Sydney will get the Selwood compo pick.

Interesting media is saying Sydney is more interested in Sinclair than Lycett.

Mature body over slightly raw recruit? Seems very much in Sydney's style.

Very well, they take the latter 99% of the time.

Not that it's at all relevant to a thread about West Coast players, but if Black wants to play AFL football he should consider being better at it. If he asks for a trade I am sure we will help him find a new home, which is treating him like a person, not an asset. Choosing to play someone who is better than him over him is treating him like any other footballer on the list.

I agree Sinclair won't leave but I think Lycett is 50/50. You may well say no to that, and that does work on very rare occasions like it did with Mitch Brown. I stand by what I said though, you will lose one of the three eventually - they can't all play in the same side and they're all good enough to play AFL every week.

Lycett is not a 50/50 to leave the club. If he wanted to leave the club for more opportunities then he would have raised his hand by now. But the fact is he is contracted for 3 years, he is 23 and i bet in his mind he knows he can crack the eagles 22, dont be surprised if he pushes sinclair out the side. Also having Dean Cox as ruck coach and another preseason fit and healthy he will be pushing for selection. Simpson wont be trading Lycett for a Jetta or a redden, your kidding youselves "he aint goin no where"

Lycett is not a 50/50 to leave the club. If he wanted to leave the club for more opportunities then he would have raised his hand by now. But the fact is he is contracted for 3 years, he is 23 and i bet in his mind he knows he can crack the eagles 22, dont be surprised if he pushes sinclair out the side. Also having Dean Cox as ruck coach and another preseason fit and healthy he will be pushing for selection. Simpson wont be trading Lycett for a Jetta or a redden, your kidding youselves "he aint goin no where"

Players have waited much longer than this to request trades, guys like Christensen and Griffen waited until mid-trade period last year to do so. 50/50 isn't scientific my point is that it could go either way, you're right, him staying is probably more likely at this point. I agree, I think he's better than Sinclair and will probably push him out of the side if he stays. Keep in mind that teams who are after him - Sydney in particular - won't ramp up their offer until they know how other matters will plan out, like Leuenberger for example, if he falls through and goes to Essendon they will start making a more formal pitch to Lycett and that could make him change his mind.

As a footy fan I'd like to see him stay, I'm just being realistic here.

Players have waited much longer than this to request trades, guys like Christensen and Griffen waited until mid-trade period last year to do so. 50/50 isn't scientific my point is that it could go either way, you're right, him staying is probably more likely at this point. I agree, I think he's better than Sinclair and will probably push him out of the side if he stays. Keep in mind that teams who are after him - Sydney in particular - won't ramp up their offer until they know how other matters will plan out, like Leuenberger for example, if he falls through and goes to Essendon they will start making a more formal pitch to Lycett and that could make him change his mind.

As a footy fan I'd like to see him stay, I'm just being realistic here.

I know blokes like christensen and griffen have requested trades late but he wont even be close to being on the table, west coast will not trade lycett, i guarantee it, even if he jumps up and down screaming he wants to leave.. I understand what your saying but honestly he aint goin nowhere, not for what sydney or brisbane have to offer. And sinclair has already stated hes staying at west coast. I laughed when i saw the afl website posted the arcticle that these two may be in the trade this year.

I'll publicly admit if im wrong but they will both be at west coast next year.

I know blokes like christensen and griffen have requested trades late but he wont even be close to being on the table, west coast will not trade lycett, i guarantee it, even if he jumps up and down screaming he wants to leave.. I understand what your saying but honestly he aint goin nowhere, not for what sydney or brisbane have to offer. And sinclair has already stated hes staying at west coast. I laughed when i saw the afl website posted the arcticle that these two may be in the trade this year.

I'll publicly admit if im wrong but they will both be at west coast next year.

Hard to predict what they'll do if he does request a trade, they might play hardball to keep him with Mitch Brown or they might decide to let him go (especially if it helps them secure something they want). I reckon he probably won't ask for a trade and they'll probably both be at West Coast next year too so we probably won't get to find out.

Hard to predict what they'll do if he does request a trade, they might play hardball to keep him with Mitch Brown or they might decide to let him go (especially if it helps them secure something they want). I reckon he probably won't ask for a trade and they'll probably both be at West Coast next year too so we probably won't get to find out.
I'd be interested to see if he does state he wants to leave this year but i think he will be dedicating himself to crack the 22, west coast have a bright future.. I can see brown and mckenzie fitting back in the side and mcgovern playing forward. After this year and our backs going down I think west coast will be playing hard ball with brown and there was a show on channel 9 in WA the other night about brown and his mrs saying how devo he was about being out of the grand final and how much he will give in the preseason to get back in the side. So yeh will see

Really don't get why Brisbane need a ruck even if Luey is leaving

Martin is a beast and West is backup.

Imo Sydney, Essendon and the Dogs are the teams that need bonafide number 1 rucks.
Because West has had two knee injuries and he may be lucky to ever play more than10 games a year let alone 22 and other then Martin we only have Smith who is a rookie listed player as a ruckman we could look at chol through the Academy but schwab has said we are targeting a mature age ruckman in case Martin should get an injury so we're either looking at Lycett in the Redden trade or maybe Zac Smith in the PSD

Because West has had two knee injuries and he may be lucky to ever play more than10 games a year let alone 22 and other then Martin we only have Smith who is a rookie listed player as a ruckman we could look at chol through the Academy but schwab has said we are targeting a mature age ruckman in case Martin should get an injury so we're either looking at Lycett in the Redden trade or maybe Zac Smith in the PSD
Sinclair would be a better fit for you guys imo as he's a solid forward and can play a supporting role better

You have 3 number 1 rucks on your list, you're losing one but adding another one will just create another list imbalance further down the track when Martin rucks all day and the other 2 can't get a proper shot at it.

If Lycett leaves, it should be for opportunity as a number one outright, not to be behind Martin like what Leuenberger endured. Sydney, Essendon and The Dogs could probably offer him such an opportunity.

Jarrad Redden from Port as a DFA would be solid back up cheap too.

Lycett probably wouldn't hate going to Sydney if he could. At the GF I sat next to his missus for a while, she lives in Sydney.

Though, she seemed high maintenance, so maybe he would rather stay on the other side of the country...

Looks like Sinclair has spent all week in Sydney, could be the one. Almost guarantees Leuy is Essendon bound.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast may have told him they are considering sending him for Jetta provided he is willing to go.

Impossible.
He already has a contract.

I am not saying that its true, but would be in principle. ie. Treloar has agreed to a deal with Collingwood if he gets there, the same as McCarthy from GWS to Freo or Danger to Geelong.

It doesnt mean he would WILL be in Sydney next year, just that he would be open to getting traded as terms have been arranged

Remove this Banner Ad

Back