Season 2013 Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back in the old days he would have a "welcoming committee" waiting for him[/quote
In the old days it would not have gone to the tribunal.
The Panton Hill League that was an every day happening.The NFL Needs to post the footage to stop all the rumours being told about what happened.

NFL website put the details up yesterday on their website - pretty sure that it was always going to be Wednesday, along with another incident from a 19s game.

Fair enough, just relaying the information that was passed on to me. I wasn't aware there was any information on the website.

What a farking joke, Harves kicks 120 as a midfield/ fwd & does not win it, no disrespect to Davies but please, this just shows how pathetic the umpires are in the NFL & what bias they have against the doggies, you have 1 player in a world of his own in the division for talent & results. Like I have said before while K Smith is in charge we as a league are a laughing stock.

totally disagree slow legs, harvey is spoon fed all his goals with only a few absolute genius acts. personally thought dow was the best player all year from watching the creek games this year, but a huge congrats to rohan on the huge effort backing it up from div 3 best and fairest form last year.

To get on the front foot...

Paul Harrison pleaded guilty to rough conduct tonight and received an 8 match suspension.

Paul and the Whittlesea Football Club are absolutely adamant that this incident was not pre-meditated. It was a spur of the moment bump that had terrible consequences. Paul accepts responsibility for this and will attempt to contact Lionel Proctor in the coming days now that the tribunal hearing has occurred.

Talk of an "behind the play" hit, king-hit or elbow is completely off the mark and totally irresponsible. These rumours have added fuel to an already serious fire.

We have decided to post the footage of the incident on our Facebook Page to put to rest those exact rumours - https://www.facebook.com/whittleseaeagles

This is the last that I will comment on the incident and situation.

Cheers,

JC

To get on the front foot...

Paul Harrison pleaded guilty to rough conduct tonight and received an 8 match suspension.

Paul and the Whittlesea Football Club are absolutely adamant that this incident was not pre-meditated. It was a spur of the moment bump that had terrible consequences. Paul accepts responsibility for this and will attempt to contact Lionel Proctor in the coming days now that the tribunal hearing has occurred.

Talk of an "behind the play" hit, king-hit or elbow is completely off the mark and totally irresponsible. These rumours have added fuel to an already serious fire.

We have decided to post the footage of the incident on our Facebook Page to put to rest those exact rumours - https://www.facebook.com/whittleseaeagles

This is the last that I will comment on the incident and situation.

Cheers,

JC

Well said just watched the vision and no elbow or king hit at all end of the story.

Thanks for providing the footage Jarrod. I'm still not sure what to make of it, speaking with the media team on Monday night and they thought it looked worse on slow motion but I actually thought it looked worse in fast motion. Seems to be a bump which went wrong and then the elbow was raised, slow motion made it a tad easier to pinpoint it.

I think what's been done is done and I think it's time to move on to the showpiece event this weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The quality of the video is poor, definitely raises the elbow, can't tell if it was during the hit or afterwards.

To me it looks like a bump that went wrong, not behind play and the elbow comes up after contact, good on Harro pleading guilty but from what I just watched it was not as bad as some have been making out, yeah a bloke was in a bad way and that's why he was guilty but it looks not as bad as I though it would.

Saw the footage. Looks bad but within play. Its hard to tell whether he raised his elbow before or after. 4 weeks probably would have been more suitable

Footage taken down.

Some of the comments posted by people still were pure acid to quote a phrase,
There are none so blind as they who will not see.
Simple meaning even after they posted the footage some people are still blind to the truth it was a bump gone wrong.

Saw the footage. Looks bad but within play. Its hard to tell whether he raised his elbow before or after. 4 weeks probably would have been more suitable

With the claim that penalties are doubled in finals, it would mean he did receive 4 weeks.

Some of the comments posted by people still were pure acid to quote a phrase,
There are none so blind as they who will not see.
Simple meaning even after they posted the footage some people are still blind to the truth it was a bump gone wrong.

The footage wasn't clear enough and on the wrong angle, the moment of contact (whether he got him with the shoulder or elbow) was still up to interpretation to me.

He made the decision early that he was going to lay the bump, which is no great crime but he is liable for the result.

The footage wasn't clear enough and on the wrong angle, the moment of contact (whether he got him with the shoulder or elbow) was still up to interpretation to me.

He made the decision early that he was going to lay the bump, which is no great crime but he is liable for the result.

I totally agree the point I was making, Whittlesea had to take it off their facebook page because of the venom in comments posted by some people who still thought it was different. I wonder if it had been reversed and been a Stars Player that delivered that bump, would there have been the same venom on the net.

The fact he raised an elbow or not is not even the main point. The outcry and outrage and comments made on social media by stars fans was a total over reaction. Claims of a king hit and so forth were totally overreaction. He clearly knows he did wrong and pleaded guilty (probably even more for the fact of the hostilities between both clubs) and a bit of a peace offering from Whittlesea.

8 weeks for that is over the top but if double penalties apply then that means he would get 4 and that is closer to the mark. I think 3 weeks (double = 6) would have been fairer.

The fact he raised an elbow or not is not even the main point. The outcry and outrage and comments made on social media by stars fans was a total over reaction. Claims of a king hit and so forth were totally overreaction. He clearly knows he did wrong and pleaded guilty (probably even more for the fact of the hostilities between both clubs) and a bit of a peace offering from Whittlesea.

8 weeks for that is over the top but if double penalties apply then that means he would get 4 and that is closer to the mark. I think 3 weeks (double = 6) would have been fairer.

8 weeks is way over the top. Didn't even look that bad. Maybe 2-3 weeks. Was he reported and sent off during the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back