STAND TALL - 2015 Membership Final Figure - 13,480

Remove this Banner Ad

Won't all guernseys have your name on it - even the one I get. I thought that was the point. It's a guernsey with everyone's name on it - or are they doing a thing where your name is on the back above the number as well?

I can't find the damn thing now, but I thought one of the announcements mentioned that the orderer's name will be more prominent on their own guernsey. I assumed that meant it would be on the back or something.

Edit: I'm thinking I'm probably wrong because that'd be a nightmare to organize. Just tweeted the Giants to check.

Last edited:

Membership has been stuck on 13,480 for over a week now. I wonder if there was a late rush on 3 game memberships and they're hoping to hit 14k? Looks like memberships are still available. Just wondering...

Membership has been stuck on 13,480 for over a week now. I wonder if there was a late rush on 3 game memberships and they're hoping to hit 14k? Looks like memberships are still available. Just wondering...

I think there was a cut off for memberships to be counted. I think you can still take membership out but there was an email IIRC that said something along the lines of "sign up by tomorrow to be officially counted"

I can't see us signing any more members for the year. There's only two home games left.

On the other hand, being a member does get you preference for finals tickets...;)

5year_front.jpg

Half the fun is trying to find your own name.

No, wait, not 'fun'... 'annoyance'! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5year_front.jpg

We managed to spot both mine and my wife's during the game. I found her's purely by luck, so she successfully tried to find mine as a reward.

5year_front.jpg

Found my wife's name before we'd finished paying for it :) still looking for mine and my son's:(

Would have been helpful to be in alphabetical order:mad:

I'm beginning suspect my name is buried under a logo somewhere and not actually visible. :(

I have a feeling that the reason they're not in alphabetical order is to make sure that the whole family wasn't wiped out by a logo. When I saw that it looked like some names were presumably under the logo, let's just say I was going to be more than a little pissed if it turned out mine was under there. :(

I know it's not membership but it is related. Just did a little bit of adding up and dividing and came up with the following regarding our home game crowds...

Across all venues....
2012: 119,073 total : 10,825 ave. 2 over 10k
2013: 106,615 total : 9,692 ave. 4 over 10k
2014: 101,491 total : 9,226 ave. 3 over 10k
2015: 118,666 total : 10,788 ave. 4 over 10k
Year 1 helped by game 1 with 38+k

Interestingly our Skoda/Spotless average has been...
2012: 8,117
2013: 8,281
2014: 9,609
2015: 11,034
Getting better every year.

While Manuka has averaged...
2012: 8,431
2013: 8,352
2014: 8,208
2015: 10,132
Stable at 8 & a bit, but showing what a decent drawing team can do.

I was also surprised by today's crowd at Spotless. Didn't think it was particularly big, saw it was a tick over 9.5k, discovered that makes it the 9th largest at the venue for us. So top ten.

Just a bit more of a look this morning and some more interesting trends at the other end of the scale....

2012: 3 games under 7k (2 at Skoda 1 at BISP)
2013: 4 under 7k (including a disastrous Mother's Day lunchtime game against Crows under 6k)
2014: 1 game under 7k
2015: 1 under 7k

Manuka has had one game under 7k each year bar 2012 - 2 against the GC and 1 against Port
They've also had one crowd over 10k each year bar 2012 - St Kilda, North and Geelong.

The St Kilda game was first under new lights and North have a slight, though distant, history.

I can see why we've asked not to have the GC there again for a while and instead have a halfway decent Victorian team.

Our last Spotless game under 7k was Rd 12 2013 against Port - a team we've never gotten more than 7k at home to see. (6811, 6601, 6549)

Just a bit more of a look this morning and some more interesting trends at the other end of the scale....

2012: 3 games under 7k (2 at Skoda 1 at BISP)
2013: 4 under 7k (including a disastrous Mother's Day lunchtime game against Crows under 6k)
2014: 1 game under 7k
2015: 1 under 7k

Manuka has had one game under 7k each year bar 2012 - 2 against the GC and 1 against Port
They've also had one crowd over 10k each year bar 2012 - St Kilda, North and Geelong.

The St Kilda game was first under new lights and North have a slight, though distant, history.

I can see why we've asked not to have the GC there again for a while and instead have a halfway decent Victorian team.

Our last Spotless game under 7k was Rd 12 2013 against Port - a team we've never gotten more than 7k at home to see. (6811, 6601, 6549)

Nice work, and hopefully we can push the average home crowd to around the 12,000 mark with a stronger season next year

What I have noticed, which can't be proven statistically, is that a higher percentage of the crowd seem to be fully invested, orange wearing, Giants fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that would be my reading of things. In the first year or so the 8,000 would be 60/70-40/30 to the away team. These days it's very definitely the other way.

Bigger crowds and more of them ours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back