STAND TALL - 2015 Membership Final Figure - 13,480

Remove this Banner Ad

At this point last year we had 8,898 members but with today's re-signings hard not think that membership numbers won't get a kick along now.

Plus i'm sure the later start of the season is also impacting on the slower membership rate compared to last year
I am still a little concerned at the dip, but you right about being on a different schedule this year. Money is a little tighter this year for all concerned. It is interesting though that memberships are up overall across the AFL.

The resignings will help, but it is still all about the wins for mine. If the boys can get some early success in the home and away season, that will see more of the smaller packages snapped up. Then if we have a good year overall, hopefully we see next year spike.

Just gotta keep reminding ourselves this is a slow burn thing. Proud to be on board from the start!

The Wanderers had paltry attendance and membership numbers until they started winning. Sydney-siders love a bandwagon.

Look at how many festering turds of Souffs fans you see on the street now, with their myxomotosis infected bunny stickers on their $900 Berlina station wagons with 3 baby seats crammed in the back row...

OK thanks for that. I hung up because I thought he was trying to flog me another membership, I have already have 2. In my defence I am miles from home and my car warning light has been on for 2 days and I was 2 mins from the closest dealership.

Wow - jumped to over 8,200 overnight!

Looks like the Jezza effect is happening.
A few of the boys have been hitting the phones telethon style recently. That or they just dicovered some sign ups that had been building up somewhere in the system. Starting to look a bit better. Couple more preseason wins might push us past 10k. Couple of premiership season wins early would boost Sydney memberships too (I know, Captain obvious).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the AFL Annual Report, the Giants' 4,774 junior members was more than that of the Lions, Dockers, Suns, Dees, Saints, Dogs. Well done, GWS!

I've said elsewhere and time and time again - that's why we'll do ok long term, that's why both the club and the AFL say 20 years - because in 20 years those juniors will be adults, bringing their juniors along. Footy support is a generational thing and it's the next generation that is our long term base. Not oldies like me.

Hopefully in 20 years I will be going with my grandchildren, Ill only be 68 then..............geez that sounds old, but I can remember when 48 sounded old.

It was my birthday 2 weeks ago and my youngest (7) asked how old I was when I told him he was silent for a few seconds the became quite upset.
I asked him why we was upset and he said that 48 was almost dead. :eek:

Hopefully in 20 years I will be going with my grandchildren, Ill only be 68 then..............geez that sounds old, but I can remember when 48 sounded old.

It was my birthday 2 weeks ago and my youngest (7) asked how old I was when I told him he was silent for a few seconds the became quite upset.
I asked him why we was upset and he said that 48 was almost dead. :eek:
38 is old enough :-/

Anyone going to to the Easter Show today? If you are an you see a rather large human being with a GWS 2015 members shirt, say hi!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back