Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sitting at dinner with a personal friend of trigg. Can confirm he has gone to Carlton purely for money. Crows wanted to keep him.
Trigg quoted in the InDaily;

Trigg revealed that he had rejected one offer, but the Carlton offer was too good to refuse.
“The pure logic of joining a great club; I couldn’t get that out of my head.”

So more money and an opportunity to join a great club, as opposed to the Cows.

From the cocoon of the Adelaide media to the reality of the Melbourne media. No more armchair ride, Triggy.

And not just some struggler, the much scrutinised big Vic club the Bluebaggers. No more blaming Port players when his own stuff up, no more cRowie blowing smoke up his arse, no carpet the size of the Pilbara to sweep mistakes under. It's all out in the open now.

The Adelaide Bubble has popped for you Triggy.

Mummy why isn't the emperor wearing any clothes?

Another quote from Trigg;
Link
... “We are knocking on the door of the eight ...... it’s allowed me to be able to say that I left the club in good shape.” ...

When he made that statement the Cows were (and still are) in tenth spot on the ladder, so more in the queue at the door of the eight rather than knocking on it. His comment also highlights how the corporation has a culture of mediocrity where almost making the finals is seen as being in good shape.

They haven't missed the target at the Hun! Headline reads:

Salary cap cheat Steven Trigg quits Adelaide post to join Carlton as chief executive officer

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...xecutive-officer/story-fni5f5nx-1226997889632

Onya Robbo! ;)
Contrast Jeff Kennett's realistic take on Trigg with Nob Chapman's claim that Trigg is an administrator of the highest standard.

... former Hawthorn president Jeff Kennett yesterday said Trigg’s move to the Blues from Adelaide shows the AFL has learnt nothing from three years of scandal.
“Cheating the salary cap ... I mean what could be worse,” Kennett told the Herald Sun.
“On my standard of governance he would have been sacked and unable to work again in the AFL because it was such a blatant abuse of the rules. ...

i wonder how the AFL feels about rucci wearing rabbitohs gear at seemingly every press conference he attends.

he's such a weird little troll.
I wear Rabbitohs gear to games all the time :(.

That's all true but didn't we say the same things about Richo? I'm not saying KT will and in Richo's case it wasn't about money but nothing is a certainty.

Richo had a burning desire to coach a club in his own right, KT doesn't have a burning desire to move sideways into the same job at another place.

If AFL House came knocking with a job offer and a long term view to move him into Gillon's seat then yeah, losing him might be a real probability. But moving to the crows? C'mon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trigg is a small minded overconfident salary cap cheat. At a corporation that couldn't possibly lose money because it had a market share of 80% of 2,000,000 people, he oversaw 12 years without a flag, he personally lost draft picks and, oh yeah, he lost money.

Carlton will quickly learn, he is a bear of little brain.

Just listened to the Trigg interview on 5cc. Seriously what a self serving flog he is.
Leaving the club in a good position!! say what,this man could tell lies to a mirror
with a quivering lip. "It's good to go to a strong traditional club" wow take that crows
and one of my achievements the AO move:eek:. You know the move I didn't want
driven by the club I hate(remember the/his hate campaign on us) and the club that
we need to keep copying. Did he teach Andrew McKay in another life nudge nudge smirk smirk
Standby for Triggy in Carlton tie looking about as flash as a rat with a gold tooth

Just listened to the Trigg interview on 5cc. Seriously what a self serving flog he is.
Leaving the club in a good position!! say what,this man could tell lies to a mirror
with a quivering lip. "It's good to go to a strong traditional club" wow take that crows
and one of my achievements the AO move:eek:. You know the move I didn't want
driven by the club I hate(remember the/his hate campaign on us) and the club that
we need to keep copying. Did he teach Andrew McKay in another life nudge nudge smirk smirk
Standby for Triggy in Carlton tie looking about as flash as a rat with a gold tooth

Probably THE greatest achievement during Steven Trigg's time as crows CEO was the way he's practically managed to convince the general populace that he and his club were, not only for the move to the city, but among the chief agitators to get there. He is a fraudulent human.

He is a fraudulent human.

Yep.

Can't wait for the inevitable mauling he's going to get at Carlton.
Being the CEO of the Crows for the last 12 years while the SANFL held the reins was akin to being employed in a sheltered workshop.

Leigh Whicker told him what his agenda was and the Crows' ridiculous number of "general managers" went about delivering it.
Im surprised Trigg didn't die of boredom during his tenure.

Yep.

Can't wait for the inevitable mauling he's going to get at Carlton.
Being the CEO of the Crows for the last 12 years while the SANFL held the reins was akin to being employed in a sheltered workshop.

Leigh Whicker told him what his agenda was and the Crows' ridiculous number of "general managers" went about delivering it.
Im surprised Trigg didn't die of boredom during his tenure.

Stupid people don't get bored.

It's got me ****ed what goes on their tiny little brains but they just don't get bored.

Now guys, I come here wearing a bullet proof vest...and in peace!
Can someone please tell me why all the angst for Trigg. Yes, I'm no fan of him. But you guys have been ripping into him.

What has he done to Port that has made you so angryo_O

Yes, this is a serious question.

Oh, and for the record, KT wont leave Port. He's done a great job and is only part way into it.

Can someone please tell me why all the angst for Trigg. Yes, I'm no fan of him. But you guys have been ripping into him.

Oh, and for the record, KT wont leave Port. He's done a great job and is only part way into it.
Umm... saying we were damaging the AFL brand for starters

I'm not giving up my source but I know for a fact Steven Trigg's MO during his reign, particularly once he smelled blood, was to keep Port Adelaide down, foot on the throat, so the crows could completely dominate the local market. Big picture thinking wasn't part of his game. And if "dominating" meant turning only modest profits or breaking even, then that was fine as long as Port were in a non threatening position.
You may say this is all fine and good, but it got to the point where neither club really prospered and we both lost ground to the big clubs interstate. All Triggy gave a s**t about was being the big fish in the small pond, acceptance of mediocrity if you will.

Umm... saying we were damaging the AFL brand for starters

Yeh, I remember that!

I'm not giving up my source but I know for a fact Steven Trigg's MO during his reign, particularly once he smelled blood, was to keep Port Adelaide down, foot on the throat, so the crows could completely dominate the local market. Big picture thinking wasn't part of his game. And if "dominating" meant turning only modest profits or breaking even, then that was fine as long as Port were in a non threatening position.
You may say this is all fine and good, but it got to the point where neither club really prospered and we both lost ground to the big clubs interstate. All Triggy gave a s**t about was being the big fish in the small pond, acceptance of mediocrity if you will.

Fair point!

We just wanted him to stay in camryland forever.

Don't confuse disappointment with angst Bernard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back