Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2005 WCE's Adam Hunter punched the Hawks Mark Williams in the balls in a scuffle as Hunter was on the ground and tried to get Williams off him. He got a week. He appealed the case and got it down graded from intentional to reckless and he argued he tried to hit him in the stomach not the balls. He ended up with a reprimand of less than 100 pts.

Never ever underestimate Chook Lotto's ability to produce absolutely rubbish results.

4t
In 2005 WCE's Adam Hunter punched the Hawks Mark Williams in the balls in a scuffle as Hunter was on the ground and tried to get Williams off him. He got a week. He appealed the case and got it down graded from intentional to reckless and he argued he tried to hit him in the stomach not the balls. He ended up with a reprimand of less than 100 pts.

Never ever underestimate Chook Lotto's ability to produce absolutely rubbish results.

Completely different scenario to Fyfe because of this. Lewis wasn't even expecting to be hit - when you're holding someone on the ground you're entitled to say 'Hey, I was trying to get up'.

Fremantle are just pissing into the wind in order to get the 75 points Fyfe has now over his head reduced when he could have served his two games and just had 6. It was a stupid move to appeal, and they know it now.

Afl should change the rules.
If you dont accept the MRP decision and appeal thats fine. If you then choose to appeal the appeal, then you should automatically receive one extra week suspension should you not be successful. This way it stops clubs doing it for the sake of doing it and wasting peoples time.

in case anyone was wondering: no, you do not receive a notification if you tag yourself in a post :(
If talking to yourself is the first sign of madness, then answering yourself back is clearly the second sign :)

4t

Completely different scenario to Fyfe because of this. Lewis wasn't even expecting to be hit - when you're holding someone on the ground you're entitled to say 'Hey, I was trying to get up'.

Fremantle are just pissing into the wind in order to get the 75 points Fyfe has now over his head reduced when he could have served his two games and just had 6. It was a stupid move to appeal, and they know it now.

You miss the point - its a chook lotto system. They dont give a stuff about a high degree of vertical - horizontal consistency.

A punch is intentional - not reckless

If talking to yourself is the first sign of madness, then answering yourself back is clearly the second sign :)

You could probably also add tagging yourself in public to that list.

This Fyfe situation is starting to piss me off. Usualy one failed appeal attracts an extra game. These w***ers lost their appeal and they have the gall to go again ?? He's a fantastic footballer. But if he elblbows to the head he pays the price. One lost appeal equals another.

Why are people pissed off he is using every appeal avenue?

Its a chook lotto system so I reckon you push it as far as you can. If he gets off then good luck to him and more importantly it makes the tribunal and MRP look stupid. That gets a tick from me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worried about top four now are we purple wharfies ?
I reckon they can see what Port fans can see: the Power is returning to form, and if we're any sort of chance of pinching 4th spot next week, we'll give it a red hot crack. So the Dockers want all hands on deck to ward off that threat.

Its a chook lotto system so I reckon you push it as far as you can. If he gets off then good luck to him and more importantly it makes the tribunal and MRP look stupid. That gets a tick from me.

So you reckon he should only get a week? The same as what Kane Cornes got for his push on Mitchell and what Hartlett got for his love tap on Hill? We already know the system is stupid. Adding to it isn't going to make it better.

Hi guys, sorry to intrude. But I agree with this; if it was Gray I would expect your club to take every measure possible if he isn't going to take an extra week. The MRP/Tribunal is a chook raffle (i.e. Hartlett giving a small jab to Hill and getting a week while Varcoe almost KOing Suban with a punch to the jaw getting off); every measure should be taken to get your good players off for the big games.

Hi guys, sorry to intrude. But I agree with this; if it was Gray I would expect your club to take every measure possible if he isn't going to take an extra week. The MRP/Tribunal is a chook raffle (i.e. Hartlett giving a small jab to Hill and getting a week while Varcoe almost KOing Suban with a punch to the jaw getting off); every measure should be taken to get your good players off for the big games.
The hit was fairly obvious, but we are mostly in agreement that the MRP/Tribunal is the real disgrace. The lack of being able to utilise precedence is the killer. It's their get out of jail to give any player the penalty they really want to. And ensure their protected species like Ablett can get off for hitting heads deliberately that would have other players getting weeks.

So you reckon he should only get a week? The same as what Kane Cornes got for his push on Mitchell and what Hartlett got for his love tap on Hill? We already know the system is stupid. Adding to it isn't going to make it better.

Were did I say that? I have commented many times how much rubbish the system is and in particular striking charges for Level 2 onwards.

In 2005 there were 2 strikes Gehrig and Hunter which resulted in ridiculous decisions and 9 years on the system hasnt been fixed despite several reviews.

If I was Fyfe I would argue ths Hunter defence. He probably isnt allowed to but Id have a crack.

I have no real opinion on the correctness of the penalty as I have only seen the strike at nlrmal speed once and slow mo replay once.

I'm not pissed off he's using the avenues, I'm pissed off he is able to.

Adrian Barich was in meltdown mode on ch7 in Perth. Couldn't believe the MRP's explanation. He thinks intentional can not be used together with high contact because Fyfe has said he didn't mean to hit him high *shaking ******* head*

Adrian Barich was in meltdown mode on ch7 in Perth. Couldn't believe the MRP's explanation. He thinks intentional can not be used together with high contact because Fyfe has said he didn't mean to hit him high *shaking ******* head*

Do you think the Fremantle doctor removed his brain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back