Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
*competition integrity was maintained previously because...get this...there was a draft of AFL listed players.

I like how 2013 Magarey Medallist and star player for the premiers-elect, Matt Thomas, could be selected for Port Adelaide at any given moment and that wasn't "AFL IN SANFL OMG".

Part of me wants Choco back at the club but I know a player who certainly wouldn't.

Why? He had his time. Do you hear Collingwood people talk about going back to Malthouse? Swans fans wanting to go back to Eade? Going back to the Mark Williams Well would be a disastrous thing to do. Everyone's moved on. A more polarising figure you will not find.

It's alright. They will just jack up the prices of food at AO to cover the lower crowds at SANFL matches.

What? There is a GDV you say?

Alright, to the AFL for a 5 million handout claiming the need for funding for "grass roots" and "promoting the game in the community".

Ever thought of internal reform and cost cutting you humongous ******s?
I'm leaving it to our resident journalist Dylan8 to publish an expose on this .

Why? He had his time. Do you hear Collingwood people talk about going back to Malthouse? Swans fans wanting to go back to Eade? Going back to the Mark Williams Well would be a disastrous thing to do. Everyone's moved on. A more polarising figure you will not find.
Fairly poor comparison there. Choco is from the First Family of Port Adelaide. He was not just some blow in. Could never come back and coach, but I would to see him have some sort of role there, ala Sheeds at the Bummers.

Fairly poor comparison there. Choco is from the First Family of Port Adelaide. He was not just some blow in. Could never come back and coach, but I would to see him have some sort of role there, ala Sheeds at the Bummers.

Poor comparison or not, it's water under the bridge and would be a mistake.
What sort of role do you see him performing?

The whole "Choco = First Family" stuff let him get away with a ton of s**t no-one else would.

And to think we afforded Primus the same diplomatic immunity.

Cripes.

The whole "Choco = First Family" stuff let him get away with a ton of s**t no-one else would.

And to think we afforded Primus the same diplomatic immunity.

Cripes.

Mind you, he was always Port Adelaide to his bootstraps until contract renegotiation time. Then it was "I spent a number of years at Essendon and have always wanted to coach a big Victorian club". Or, "I played and captained at Collingwood, my wife is from Melbourne, and have always wanted to coach a big Victorian club". Or, "Everyome knows I love the surf and the Gold Coast has a lot to offer for someone who enjoys that lifestyle".
Righto then.

Can somebody please confirm to me that the Crows finished top 4?

Surely they aren't going to finish just one spot above us? That can't be true, they are flag favourites and we are a rabble.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I made the mistake of reading the comments of a SANFL post about how many AFL-listed players had qualified to play SANFL finals for the Magpies.

Apparently not letting these players play in the finals, despite having qualified under the clearly-stated eligibility rules as a result of playing many games in the SANL this year, would preserve the integrity of the SANFL. These are actual human thoughts.

As an aside, at what combined Magpies/Crows reserves win:loss record will these mouth breathers accept that an AFL reserves side is not a God-like advantage over SANFL sides? If you believed the hype, both teams would be undefeated with an average win an average winning margin of 100.

I made the mistake of reading the comments of a SANFL post about how many AFL-listed players had qualified to play SANFL finals for the Magpies.

Apparently not letting these players play in the finals, despite having qualified under the clearly-stated eligibility rules as a result of playing many games in the SANL this year, would preserve the integrity of the SANFL. These are actual human thoughts.

Anyone would think there was a government mandated lobotomy program in this state with the drivel that some people spew from their mouths.

Both under the same roof, why not create the messenger-tizer and release just one piece of trash per week.
The Advertiser already includes Messenger articles as does Adelaide Now. The Messenger has more local articles and advertising than The Advertiser. They are effectively sections of the same publication aimed at different market segments.

The Advertiser already includes Messenger articles as does Adelaide Now. The Messenger has more local articles and advertising than The Advertiser. They are effectively sections of the same publication aimed at different market segments.
I leave it on the driveway until I take the bins out and it goes straight in.

Interesting omission from their 2016 calendar.

11954627_514661365374763_2487745088810917676_n.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting article by Chris McDermott in today's Crowvertiser, where he states:

The Kangaroos have NOT earned the right. It must be disallowed immediately. It has not been. The Kangaroos can finish as high as 6th or as low as 8th and avoid an unwanted trip to Adelaide to face the in-form Crows at Adelaide Oval. That’s called “manipulating their position on the ladder”. That’s called cheating in our game and it cannot and must not be allowed.

It should have been shut down already. The clock is ticking Gil! The possibilities are endless for everyone in the top 8 bar Fremantle so each team must be ordered to play this round as they have done every round before. Hard. To do otherwise must be penalised and penalised severely. Loss of the right to play the next week. Loss of the right to play in finals.

I actually agree with this: if North is banned from the finals, it means Port comes in :)

I like how 2013 Magarey Medallist and star player for the premiers-elect, Matt Thomas, could be selected for Port Adelaide at any given moment and that wasn't "AFL IN SANFL OMG".

Pretty sure Mitch Grigg was in the top few of the Magarey that year too. But a Port player and a Crows player being clearly the two best performers over the year for a premiership winning SANFL team doesn't damage 'the integrity of the competition' at all :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back