The Official Week 23 Thread...where we say Goodbye to the Non-Contenders

Which Lottery-bound team has the brightest future?

• Detroit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Denver

• Lakers

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Orlando

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Minnesota

• New York

• Philadelphia

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Sacramento

• Utah

Votes: 11 39.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Will someone stand up and take the 2nd seed in the West. The difference between the 2nd and the 3rd seed is huge. 2nd seed is basically a bye, and the 3rd seed is most likely a first round exit.

I'll take it.

Nice profit today, could have had hawks and blazers at the line too but im happy

200vj90.jpg

Warriors paying $2.10 to beat Clips tomorrow. Bookies are smoking something with those odds get on that s**t!

Anyone think the Clippers can win the West ? I don't, but their win streak does make things a bit more interesting..

Anyone think the Clippers can win the West ? I don't, but their win streak does make things a bit more interesting..

I picked them as my west pre season and have redacted it to Golden State. But I wouldn't be shocked to see them break through and make the west finals now that OKC have gone by the wayside.

Also Byron Scott is now certifiably insane, we all knew it.

“You have a lot of free agents out there who would love to play for us. They’ve been making it pretty clear,” Scott said. “You have guys during the games come by the bench saying, ‘Hey Coach, I would love to be in L.A. next year.’ That makes you feel good there are players out there that want to be here. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that we’re taking it in a different direction. They know this organization and the history of the organization is going to be back.”

Scott would not name any candidates because of tampering rules. Nor would Scott disclose how many potential free agents expressed those sentiments to him during games. But the direct and indirect feedback from those players prompted Scott to express confidence.

Why not just say nothing and go about your business? Aside from being a horrible coach the bloke says some stupid s**t.

I could believe this if the Lakers were a playoff team right now but no player says to the coach of a bad team that they would love to be there, they wait until they're clearly on the up.

This is just s**t basketball, Grizzlies are mauling us.

I wouldn't be too harsh on 'em mate, you're never going to win in Memphis sans your best three players.

Just saw Gay's concussion incident - how on Earth did the refs not call a foul on that one?

Also Byron Scott is now certifiably insane, we all knew it.

Why not just say nothing and go about your business? Aside from being a horrible coach the bloke says some stupid s**t.

I could believe this if the Lakers were a playoff team right now but no player says to the coach of a bad team that they would love to be there, they wait until they're clearly on the up.

I reckon the Lakers are playing funny buggers with Ed Davis for starters.

His minutes have diminished of late, to the point of receiving DNPs, despite the fact that he's statistically the best of their big guys. This is also despite the fact that Hill and Boozer haven't been playing either - moar Robert Sacre and Ryan Kelly.

Trying to re-up him on the cheap.

I wouldn't be too harsh on 'em mate, you're never going to win in Memphis sans your best three players.

Just saw Gay's concussion incident - how on Earth did the refs not call a foul on that one?
I have no idea Gasol clobbered him right well and proper and to add insult to injury Jeff Green takes advantage of the stopped play because the players assumed a foul was called and jammed it over Stauskas.
Carter was left open for 3 so often it was like clockwork, and we went 1/2 at the stripe almost every trip it was infuriating as we couldn't get within more than 8.
You could see Karl was over it too, I can't wait to see the changes made to the roster over the off-season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its pretty simple following the Warriors or bandwagoning them like me:

1. Pray every night that Bogut doesn't slip over in the shower
2. Dont mention that big pimply thing on top of Mo Speights head.
3. Pretend that Mark jackson was a great bloke but really grateful he is not coaching the team
4. Don't say that Dremont is a max player so we don't have to over pay him.
5. Cry into your pillow at the thought of meeting the Spurs in any round of the playoffs

Pretty much spot on. Especially the bolded part.

Hell no. They'll get salty more than any other team though.

He was in the NWO Wolfpac Mead you campaigner!

I could imagine Mead giving a Scott Hall type survey

Back