MMA-UFC UFC 182 - Jones vs DC

Remove this Banner Ad

B6tXSE9CUAAzpR2.jpg:large

pretty sure the weed thing is a Nevada issue.. very out dated rules that need to be changed but havnt.
I'm guessing the ufcs issue with testing positive to weed isn't the fact u smoke weed ie/ Joe rogan and I'm gunna take a stab and say dana White is no saint, but the fact u continuously fail a drug test that can result in cancelled fights. there the rules, if you fail multiple times u become a liability.

http://www.mmamania.com/2014/2/12/5...s-marijuana-one-is-legal-the-other-is-not-mma

the effects of cocaine, nah these won't help you prepare for a fight both physically and mentally' also the reduced apatite to help weight cut while feeling awesome in every way:

Low to moderate doses
Some of the effects that may be experienced after taking cocaine include:

• immediate rush, feelings of euphoria
  • feelings of invincibility
  • a sense of wellbeing
  • increased talkativeness or quiet contemplation and rapture
  • increased confidence and a feeling of invincibility
  • feelings of great physical strength and mental capacity
  • increased libido
  • upredictable violent/aggressive behaviour
  • feeling more awake, reduced need for sleep
  • increased performance on simple tasks
  • enlarged (dilated) pupils
  • dry mouth
  • increased breathing rate
  • increased blood pressure and heart rate (after initial slowing)
  • reduced appetite
  • increased body temperature
  • increased strength and energy
  • indifference to pain and localised pain relief.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is this, but i also like to see everyone treated equally, if he doesn't get some sort of sanction/ban/fine the UFC looks pretty dodgy.

That is the key to it IMO - and where I think the UFC (ie. Dana) have already messed up big time:

Performance enhancing or not, Jones tested positive to an illegal substance one month before a title fight. This result was available 2 weeks before the fight... there is no way that Dana did not have this result in front of him before the fight happened, given that everything became public 2-3 days later.
My guess is that Dana knew exactly how big this card was going to be, and didn't want to lose out on the huge profit he was about to make... and that is what bugs me about this whole thing.

Then for the only statements to come out from the UFC and Dana to be:
STATEMENT FROM THE UFC:

“We support UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones’ decision to enter a drug treatment facility to address his recent issue. While we are disappointed in the failed test, we applaud him for making this decision to enter a drug treatment facility. Jon is a strong, courageous fighter inside the Octagon, and we expect him to fight this issue with the same poise and diligence. We commend him on his decision, and look forward to him emerging from this program a better man as a result.”

STATEMENT FROM DANA WHITE, UFC PRESIDENT

“I am proud of Jon Jones for making the decision to enter a drug treatment facility. I’m confident that he’ll emerge from this program like the champion he truly is.

Pretty much nothing but praise for Jones, without any hint of acknowledging how serious this could be, or even suggesting that they might need to review some of the complexities of the issue. (And again - compare that to his response when guys have tested positive to Marijuana in the past)

Just read something on bleacher report (CBF linking it) that showed his tests and they showed abnormal test/epitest levels. Shits gonna get real.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2322145-complete-guide-to-ufc-champ-jon-joness-cocaine-scandal

Why Are Athletic Commissions Testing For Cocaine?

While cocaine is not considered a performance enhancer by WADA, it's use during any athletic pursuit has proven extremely dangerous. A study in the International Journal of Cardiology (via The Chicago Tribune) showed:

Cocaine is a potent stimulant that makes your heart beat faster. Low doses of cocaine usually do not cause significant irregular heart beats, while higher doses often do. This study shows that a low dose of cocaine can cause irregular heart beats during exercise. Cocaine augments the effects of the body's own natural stimulants, which raise blood pressure and makes the heart beat faster, stronger and more irregularly.

That is the key to it IMO - and where I think the UFC (ie. Dana) have already messed up big time:

Performance enhancing or not, Jones tested positive to an illegal substance one month before a title fight. This result was available 2 weeks before the fight... there is no way that Dana did not have this result in front of him before the fight happened, given that everything became public 2-3 days later.
My guess is that Dana knew exactly how big this card was going to be, and didn't want to lose out on the huge profit he was about to make... and that is what bugs me about this whole thing.

Then for the only statements to come out from the UFC and Dana to be:

Pretty much nothing but praise for Jones, without any hint of acknowledging how serious this could be, or even suggesting that they might need to review some of the complexities of the issue. (And again - compare that to his response when guys have tested positive to Marijuana in the past)
Anyone would think he was a kid with all that positive reinforcement. Yes we want what's best for him on a personal level, but he's a world champion. He needs a slab on the wrist. "Hey kids, stuff up and take drugs. It's okay, we'll look out for you"

Dana 101.

Yell, say whatever it takes & hope no one calls you on it because you like to yell & have access to the medium to proliferate it louder than all others.

Seems the UFC will be the ones to drive many away from the UFC.

Sad its not the competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back