News Welcome - Luke Beveridge (heading to St Kilda in 2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

bards

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2006
Bunyip
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Blue-Jays, Broncos, Pacers, Everton
LUKEY!!!!!!

Great news. Very excited about this.

Very youth and development orientated, did the hard yards with the Pies in the early times. Very good news

Fast tracked the Collingwood kids (Sidebottom, Beams, Blair, Reid, Brown) to their 2010 Premiership.

Good get.

Anyone know why he wasn't involved in AFL football last year? No disrespect to the VAFA representative sides but unless you're the head coach and they won their by 150 points, I can't see how that gets you a gig at the Hawks.

But if he was head of development when Reid, Sidebottom, Blair, Beams etc. all started playing well and then left them this year when they all turned to poo, then sounds good to me!!!

There is a bit in the article about where he has coached.

Pretty sure he comes from a small town north of melbourne, on the Hume, not far from Wallan.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know why he wasn't involved in AFL football last year? No disrespect to the VAFA representative sides but unless you're the head coach and they won their by 150 points, I can't see how that gets you a gig at the Hawks.

My thoughts exactly. I trust Clarko, though.

But if he was head of development when Reid, Sidebottom, Blair, Beams etc. all started playing well and then left them this year when they all turned to poo, then sounds good to me!!!

I think the Richmond supporter who broke this news on here last week stated he was out of the game for 'personal reasons', I think he would of had a job at the highest level if he chose to.

Seems like a good get :thumbsu:

I'll drink to that:D

tumblr_lgc7vbuQWJ1qfakt6o1_500.png

Just read that this is the guy who coach St Bede's Mentone to a flag in VAFA C-Grade, they got promoted to B... won it on debut... got promoted to A-grade... won it again on debut. That's 3 consecutive promotions, three consecutive premierships!!! No wonder the Pies snapped this guy up back in 2008. Great work Hawks!

I think the Richmond supporter who broke this news on here last week stated he was out of the game for 'personal reasons', I think he would of had a job at the highest level if he chose to.

Seems like a good get :thumbsu:

Bit new to BF, have been reading for a couple of months and not posting (am a passionate amatuer compared to you folk).

I read the Rich supporter's comments last week and am stoked it has come to fruition. This is scarily good!! Altho another's "Curran" pledge hasn't - yet, it still smacks of this being the first place for your 'Hawks' answers met. Good stuff BF! And that goes for all the clubs boards - rivetting stuff :D

Back to the point, it seems like Bev is a great snare. 3 Flags albeit in the VAFA raising them from C to A grade in the process, together with his work at the Pies seems like he has much to offer.

Well done Hawks

The Ammos experience is more exciting rather than disappointing. This guy can develop and work with less experienced heads and get the best out of them. A younger guy who will also fit into out coaching structure.

We needs these guys to bring out young kids on quicker, as this seems to be one of our major concerns.

This from the AFL site on 5/10/2010.

"The Collingwood Football Club wishes to announce that Luke Beveridge has resigned from his position as Football Development Manager.Luke was contracted as a full time member of the Football Department at the end of 2008 and came to the Club on leave from his previous place of employment.Despite the Club offering Luke a two-year extension on his existing contract, for various reasons, Luke has decided to return to his alternative vocation.Luke has spent the last two years building capability in the Club’s list with a more concentrated focus on the Club’s younger players. The Club wishes to thank Luke for his efforts and devotion to the Collingwood cause. We wish him every success in his future endeavors."

I can't share too much light on Luke as a coach, but I can tell you about Luke the person. He is a man of extremely high moral grounding, a modest type who has a presence about him. He leads by example and I think he would be the perfect fit to help develop kids. I would have penciled him in as a development coach, but it sounds like he won't be taking over Brendan Bolton's role.

From his time as a junior with St Peters, I've found him, in fact all the Beveridges, to be well brought up kids with great heads on their shoulders. Luke is the guy, who upon retirement from AFL footy, was asked by his club if he'd like to do a press announcement, and he replied, 'no thanks - that's for the stars of the game'.

Imagine that... an AFL player shunning the limelight. Not that he's alone in that respect by a long shot. But one thing's for sure - Brendan Fevola he ain't... :p

Got yourselves an absolute ripper guys.

One of the best coaches I've ever had the witness seeing.

Don't underestimate what he did with St Bedes.

Ammos is just about the best football under the VFL, to get three consecutive flags in a promotion system, is the first time it has ever happened in the competitions history, the C Grade premiership side was essentially the same as the A grade one....

Beveridge's achievements far outweigh McCartney's at Ocean Grove etc.

Probably the best development coach I've seen also, unbelievably good with the young guys.

Reasons for not coaching last year; has an MBA and an important position within the ATO which he put on hold temporarily with his stint at Collingwood I believe....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back