Travis Boak - What is your Bid?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and no IMO - Gillies doesn't have a fraction of Boak's trade worth. In that way, he's probably more able to engineer a deal with the club of his choice, because we won't demand the same price for him.

Yes fair enough.

But at the end of the day, my main point is that IMO Boak is a B grader who is out of contract and wants to leave (assuming he does for this thread) and is therefore worth a single mid first rounder plus some sweetner and NOT what port fans are asking for. Thats all.

I would be disappointed if Geelong are forced to give up more than that, and if this will be the case, hope we pass.

Other clubs will be able to pay him more and offer better deals to Port. If he comes to the Cats it will be for other reasons.

Agree he's a good not great player so I wouldn't be giving up too much for him.

Still think the most likely result is he'll stay with Port and probably never be a premiership player as a consequence. Sorry Port fans but that's the way I see it.

we won a premiership with 2 of the best players in the competition out injured for the year.

when your team struggled i had more class, and when you eventually struggle again ill remember how good you once were.

EDITED by Colin D'Cops, enough team bashing... lets get back on topic.

now before all port supporters remind me that he was a top 10 brownlow finisher, I remind you that if Boak chooses Geelong, and given he is out of contract, Geelong hold the power. As such, the trade SHOULD be in Geelongs favour, say 55/45 which is what the above trades are IMO. I do not think port will spit the dummy and send him to the draft whilst the above are on offer. If you guys do tho - Geelong loses nothing, Port loses Boak and I can live with that.

Geelong holds very little power... it will have a top-8 finish, if Boak walks I'm sure he'd look great in GWS or GC colors next year.

Failing that, what's to stop any of the teams that will finish below Geelong (including Port ironically) picking him up in the PSD.

Geelong better be prepared to give up something good, I can't see any of their draft picks satisfying Port.

They'll probably have to involve another club.

If he wants to get back to Vic then GWS or GC wont pick him.

But, it wont get to that.

A suitable trade will be worked out if Boak decides to return home.
He mightn't get to his club of choice - but he will get back to Vic and there will be plently
of clubs vying for his services.

I'd say he will narrow it down to 2 or 3 clubs if he doesn't re-sign.

All of which will be around the top 8.

There's no chance in hell he will leave for a Melbourne or the Bulldogs imo......

I'd say he will narrow it down to 2 or 3 clubs if he doesn't re-sign.

All of which will be around the top 8.

There's no chance in hell he will leave for a Melbourne or the Bulldogs imo......
Agreed just a question though does north really need boak imo it would almost be worth going a pearce, he'd be alot cheaper and would free atley for the midfield.

Agreed just a question though does north really need boak imo it would almost be worth going a pearce, he'd be alot cheaper and would free atley for the midfield.

Not necessarily North.

I'd say North, Essendon, Geelong and Richmond would all be likely destinations, obviously Geelong and North are reported as keen. I think he'd fit in well in our rotations, would possibly release Swallow slightly.

Atley will naturally progress there in around 2 or so years I would assume, we drafted Brad McKenzie last year, and we have a fairly handy F/S next year who's a rebounding defender/midfielder in the Heppell/Deledio mould, we should find a replacement on the HBF in one of these two.

If he doesn't get to Geelong , Melb will take him. Almost picture perfect for what they need and they would pay equal if not more than Port. How he gets there , not sure. PS for zip maybe.Probably be worth it Boak financially to go PS if Melb do not have to trade picks.

It would amaze me if Port refuse a very good trade because it isn't an insanely great trade. But as the Port people keep saying it was such a win with the last time they were recalcitrant with the Stevens trade that anything is possible. What's the deal with arbitration? Do the AFL sit down and look at the deals and say this is or is not fair? If so , and Port need $$$ help from the AFL , Im doubtful Port will want to be too obstructionist , the AFL would not be too pleased if Boak start murmuring "restriction of trade"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone that thinks Boak is presently better than B grade should give up posting and watching football.

31 disposals and a goal against the premiership favourites isn't too bad for a B-grader. Would be Melbourne's best player.

31 disposals and a goal against the premiership favourites isn't too bad for a B-grader. Would be Melbourne's best player.

I'd point to Mitch Clark, Nathan Jones or James Frawley.

Clark
Frawley
Watts
Jones
Grimes
Howe
Jamar
Blease
T McDonald
Trengove

Boak wouldnt be ahead of any of them, and Im not interested in him at the MFC at all. Very overrated player

Clark
Frawley
Watts
Jones
Grimes
Howe
Jamar
Blease
T McDonald
Trengove

Boak wouldnt be ahead of any of them, and Im not interested in him at the MFC at all. Very overrated player

I like you. You're funny. I especially liked Watts, T McDonald and Blease. Hilarious stuff.

I'd say they're all better than him - especially on season form.

Well Boak had a foot injury that eventually required surgery in the first half of the season. His form since returning from surgery has been better than Frawley (looked like he was going to be an absolute star a couple of years ago, but he's stagnated) and Jones and at least equally good if not better than Clark IMO.

Clark
Frawley
Watts
Jones
Grimes
Howe
Jamar
Blease
T McDonald
Trengove

jackiechanwtfmemeface_1.jpg

Frawley's in the best handful of defenders in the competition - and he's doing it a lot tougher than any other quality defender

Clark has been injured for half the year, but had a massive impact.

Let's have a look at Jones' form since Boak's return then - round 15?

26.3 disposals @ 104 CD ranking points

Boak is at 26 disposals @ 95 CD ranking points

Big difference, not to mention Jones' form all year has been better.

Jones and Clark are the only players better than Boak on out listen at the moment.

Rest of the list is made up of high draft picks that we WANT to be good.. joke..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back