Rumour Ablett back to Geelong in 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

what makes me laugh, is that if _ME_ or Jub Jub had centerlink turn around and offer them Newstart PLUS a pension, thus doubling their income, so long as they handed their dole forms in at Geelong West office instead of Corio, they'd JUMP at it. It wuld be nice if your sentence had meaning or purpose. Anyone would take double the money , knowing their working life and ability to make huge coin ends at 33 years of age. Again there are numerous examples of players who did not. Gaz made a decision, that was also coloured by the fact that Geelong spat his old man out like stale chewing gum once they had squeezed evey game out of him they could. You are ignorant. The family was helped by the gfc amily more than the family of any other player. Senior is all about senior. It is offenive to state that the GFC did not supprt him. Footy clubs preach loyalty, but rarely if ever show it. Having a dad be the greatest ever end up broke at 50 would clearly change how you react to life. GC offered him 5 years to set himself and his family up for life. As if any of you wouldnt do the exact same thing. His old man is broke because of his own faults and behaviours, do not blame the GFC. Even Nath was assisted when he went AWOL more than any other player.

Your comments about the GFC are offensive, and clearly illustrate you ae merely a Ablett lover and disrespect the great GFC.

And _ME_ and Jub Jub will be the first ones cheering him when he plays for Geelong round one 2016. That also will make me laugh.
He will not be back, so your point is meaningless

Widely reported he sooked? So, you get your info from footy journos. So, you are one of those suckers who believe something because it is in the newspaper? Okay, who wrote the article, and what was the headline and the date of the article? I may be able to find the actual article online and read it for myself. I am sure you are capable of sourcing your own material. Whilst you are maybe even find the photo of senior in a pub with a substance

How do you know Ablett sooked about not winning Brownlow votes? He was probably disappointed he missed out. That doesn't mean that he didn't want to play forward. I bet Jobe Watson would have been disappointed if he hadn't won a Brownlow either.

and again it was reported and he was interviewed which clearly illustrated his disappointment

"he is divisive" - How do you know? Have you actually met Gary Jr in person? You sound like you have, since you make accusations about him and his family, like you know them well. Tell me, as actually meeting them in person may make your story more credible, than simple gossip of what someone said he is like.
have you, if not don't be dismissive with your blindness for facts and a contrary view
"If everyone is selfish, all is lost?" Did you actually read my paragraph? I said that the coach makes the final decision, and the team falls into line with that. But you can't tell me that players can't share their feelings with the coach. Ablett has every right to not agree with Bomber's directions, as long as he falls into line and does them. I don't know when Ablett "went into business for himself". He still did the team thing, and it still helped Geelong.
he was always about self
So, coaches look past possessions.It is everyone playing a role. Yes, but the game I am talking about (round 5, 2010 against Carlton), Ablett was by far our best player. Most of his teammates DIDN't play their role, they were beaten by their Carlton opponents. Lonergan got killed by Fevola, Judd was allowed to run around without an opponent. Ablett still got 35 possessions, and kept Geelong in the game, while his teammates were outplayed. Go back and look at footage of that game, or the match report. After that game, Bomber dismissed Ablett's contributions, yet didn't comment on other player's lack of contribution that day. I suppouse you blame Gary Ablett for us losing the 2008 GF as well, despite the fact he was our best player that day (you probably thought that photo of him crying after the 2008 GF made him a sook as well).
the coach may have specific instructions which he did not follow. you again possessions to reinforce your point.
Two wrongs don't make a right, but I never said that Ablett was right. I said that you fail to make Bomber be wrong about his duplicity, because he coached us to two flags, yet don't give Ablett or his teammates for playing in two flag-winning sides (and some have won three, without Bomber coaching the last one, how do we do that)? Why is Bomber allowed to lie?
he is not, but bomber was a bomber, ablett was born and bred a cat. he was provided a number of allowances because of this
You know, Me, you talk about Ablett's lack of honesty, yet you are not honest. big call, and a libel call. Why not just admit that you hate Gary Ablett's guts, you always have hated him , even when he played for us, and that you wish him dead? really. I suggest you retract such rubbishWhy not admit that you are really an Essendon troll? Admit it! I might have more respect for your drivel if you admit to your own bias and insecurity concerning Gary Ablett and his family.
All your dribble and insults are meaningless. Discuss the topic or move on. Or do you need to result in insults as your ability to discuss a topic is limited.

You say deal in facts, yet you don't provide any facts. may i suggest you read your own dribble. you wish to deal in facts and have provided none

Where are these eyewitnesses? Where are the articles? Why not post one or two here which definitely say that Gary Ablett has SIGNED with the Gold Coast, not just articles by journos who, because Ablett hadn't signed with Geelong, it means that he must have decided on going to the GC pre-season 2010.
who paid for 20 odd family members to travel overseas

Provide links, photographs etc. Post them on here. I'm sure the mods will let you do this. Because all you have shown how you are a gullible fool who believes everyone but Ablett. You believe all the media, whose whole job is to embellish stories and deal with speculation, you believe Bomber, who lied to Frank Costa about going to Essendon. Yet you refuse to accept Ablett's version of events.
ablett did not decide after the season
bomber is a liar - deal with it andmove on
but he has a habit in common with senior
You know what, I don't claim to know how it went down, because I wasn't there. I believe though, if you criticise Gary Ablett for leaving Geelong, you have to criticise Mark Thompson for doing it too. Neither were up front about their intentions, so what is the difference?
again you feel the need to insult and not read
bomber's behaviour was inappropriate
The more posts you write, Me, the more I get a sense of what type of person you are. You are gullible, because you believe any article saying that Ablett had left, without questioning it first. You are presumptious, because you believed you know what Ablett would do, before he did it. You are arrogant, because you say you KNOW that Ablett chose to leave pre-2010 (how can you KNOW that? You can suspect that, but you can't know, because you weren't there). How about you worry about yourself, rather than a psychology assessment. You are bitter, because you refuse to move on about this three years later. Hell, we have won another flag since then, we have an emerging group of exciting youngsters, and we are on top of the ladder this year. I have moved on from Ablett leaving, Geelong has, so you should too. Finally, you are insecure, because I believe that this has nothing to do with Ablett leaving. You never liked the little champ, because he is everything you have failed to be:- successful, talented, popular, rich, recognizable, whereas you probably work in some factory making stuff nobody buys. You don't like Gary Ablett, because he is a winner, whereas you are a loser. Lol. Insults again. i was not the one who raised this redundant issue. he is a gold toast player, i am more interested in geelong players
Also, why do you care if Ablett hocked his stuff online? If you KNEW he was leaving, you wouldn't have been silly enough to buy anything off it. Unless you did. If so, don't blame Ablett that you were stupid enough to send your money online to buy his stuff. Better to buy though the Cats' shop in future.
I have an issue that loyal geelong people were sold stuff without full disclosure. it was interesting that the scam shop was clsed weeks before the end of our season, despite you believing that the little fella had not decided where he was going.

i suppose you believe that james hird thought his players were getting vit b and c

I personally hold no bitterness or hard feelings towards Ablett for leaving (gave his all for the club and should be respected for that), others may have their reasons for doing so and I understand that. But regardless of what opinion you have of him who honestly cares whether he's at Geelong anymore or not?

He was a fundamental part of our success and a legend of our club and should be highly regarded for that IMO, but at the same time is history and not part of any further success we may have.

I'm amazed at how many fellow Cats supporters, whatever opinions they may have of Ablett, still haven't gotten over him leaving. Let's face it, he's long gone and in that time our side has changed and improved for the better. Some people just need to let go.

His departure is history and there's no point debating hypothetical scenarios, we've moved onward and upward and other players who now form the nucleus of our team have well and truly filled the void he left. Dwelling on the past while being oblivious to the future is the last thing we should be doing.

Newsflash for those who don't seem to have noticed- Ablett is no longer with us and it doesn't matter one iota. Love him or hate him, some people need to get a grip and move on. No point frothing at the mouth or fawning over something that happened 3 years ago under a largely different era and different side.

Exactly. My requests for a separate Ablett sub-forum are falling on deaf ears. :D

I don't know if you have discussed this with a mod, but it is a good idea, and talking to a mod about it may be the way to go.

If you already have, and nothing has been done, don't know what you can do. But good idea anyway.

All your dribble and insults are meaningless. Discuss the topic or move on. Or do you need to result in insults as your ability to discuss a topic is limited.

"Big call, and a liable call".

Do you mean libel call, if so, sue me?

Good luck locating me, though!

But, crying to mods is more your style!

you should head to the greensborough hotel some time (unless it has cleaned up its act up and is now a yuppy pub).

Aahh, no thanks, I'm way, way too old for that.
When abouts did you used to frequent that fine old historic hostelry, if you don't mind me asking?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Big call, and a liable call".

Do you mean libel call, if so, sue me?

Good luck locating me, though!

But, crying to mods is more your style!

FFS just let it go.If you don't like _Me's_ posts then just ignore them.Take your whiny bitching elsewhere. :rolleyes:

Just chuck Fox 8 or something on Fred, something like Gossip Girl will be on which will have the same teenage whiny bitching on it. :D

Just chuck Fox 8 or something on Fred, something like Gossip Girl will be on which will have the same teenage whiny bitching on it. :D

Yes, but will it give me a free crash course in practical and applied non-Aristotelian logic as good as the one I've been getting here?

Yes, but will it give me a free crash course in practical and applied non-Aristotelian logic as good as the one I've been getting here?

It was the "Pichering must be paying you in Mars Bars" quip which won you over, wasn't it...

what makes me laugh, is that if _ME_ or Jub Jub had centerlink turn around and offer them Newstart PLUS a pension, thus doubling their income, so long as they handed their dole forms in at Geelong West office instead of Corio, they'd JUMP at it. Anyone would take double the money , knowing their working life and ability to make huge coin ends at 33 years of age. Gaz made a decision, that was also coloured by the fact that Geelong spat his old man out like stale chewing gum once they had squeezed evey game out of him they could. Footy clubs preach loyalty, but rarely if ever show it. Having a dad be the greatest ever end up broke at 50 would clearly change how you react to life. GC offered him 5 years to set himself and his family up for life. As if any of you wouldnt do the exact same thing.

And _ME_ and Jub Jub will be the first ones cheering him when he plays for Geelong round one 2016. That also will make me laugh.
I won't get into the way you address the issue, but the issue itself. If I were offered double money to do the same thing, but in a different state, I wouldn't. But maybe it's because I don't have the balls. If you think about it, it must have been awfully tough. Leave your mates, everything you know and move to a city you hardly know, working with a team you know is unlikely to be competitive for a couple of years. I don't reckon I'd do it.

Good luck to him, but for me, I don't want to see him back in a Geelong jumper. He had him chance, now he's done with us. For what it's worth, I don't reckon he'd come back anyway. He has always maintained it wasn't the money. If he comes back, it become clear it was....

It was the "Pichering must be paying you in Mars Bars" quip which won you over, wasn't it...

Got it in one hbk, it was a revelation, one of those life-changing "why didn't I see that before" moments, I read that and something just exploded in my head.

http://www.geelongcats.com.au/club/history/life-memberships

I find it very interesting that both gaz and shannon burns currently hold life memberships at geelong.
Not that I disagree with this, but is it just me or is their something odd about a current player at another club being a life member at a former club?
Not really a conflict of interest I suppose but it would seem far more appropriate to wait until the player retired before bestowing life membership, esp. when said player is the captain of another club.

i agree in a way, but where do you draw the line? should we hold off giving scarlett life membership while he's an assistant at the bulldogs?

ConfuciusCat_zps1a834421.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back