Rumour Ablett back to Geelong in 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Just my take on Ablett's willingness to sign an extension .......
Of course he does.... At most likely at his current 1 Million plus a year.....
OH REALLY!! So would blind freddy!
Who would pay a player at 31 & 32 & 33yo 1 Million plus a year??
Would he sign on again at 650k pa ?? Maybe not so willing....
Any thoughts??

Thank god [pardon the pun],now we can we move on and forget about him ?
We'll get another 10 years years out of Caddy & Smedts and hopefully a few more premierships while the Gold Coast C*nts [as Gerard Healy calls them :D] will get SFA in the way of premierships.

Why ask for a contract extension now? He is a good chance for the Charlie at years end. To me it means he is asking top dollar any way so why wait.
Can GC find the same sort of cash again? Can they do that and keep all the kids happy?How long before the Melb clubs start to white ant their list?
He'll get whatever he asks for in my view. If there's a problem financially Vlad will find a way around it. After all he greased the wheels to get him up there as the marquee player.

Why ask for a contract extension now? He is a good chance for the Charlie at years end. To me it means he is asking top dollar any way so why wait.
Can GC find the same sort of cash again? Can they do that and keep all the kids happy?How long before the Melb clubs start to white ant their list?
It was always said pressure will be on GCS in year 4 or 5 to retain the young talent. That is always going to be a problem with a team of young players who started at the same time.

why do we have a thread about a sun player
thread should be there with the fan club posing

he knows his currency is at the highest and trying to bend them over for a long term deal

dont forget his second contract at geelong was one where he was paid overs but came back to bite him a little

move on people

otherwise lets talk about blake or king

i hear blake is a great guy

Yep good luck to him although I'd be surprised if he sees a flag in his time with them and he'll be an old man in 2016.:)
Happy with our young guys and don't feel connected to Gazza these days. But will remember him fondly.
Love our club-its always been about more than one player.

Was never going to come back. Didn't hesitate to leave his boyhood club and says he doesn't miss it at all.

I'm past the stage of missing him now, he can be remembered as a Gold Coast player and have his kids play for them under the F&S rule, not bothered by it.

Don't want him back and glad he isn't returning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was never going to come back. Didn't hesitate to leave his boyhood club and says he doesn't miss it at all.

I'm past the stage of missing him now, he can be remembered as a Gold Coast player and have his kids play for them under the F&S rule, not bothered by it.

Don't want him back and glad he isn't returning.

He can get ****ed for all I care, but I want his children!

Err... as far as I'm aware the AFL directly funds their expenditures, they're not a separate entity like Geelong and most other self-sufficient clubs that pay for things from their own pocket. So as long as the competition is turning a dollar, GC won't be going without any time soon.

I think we all have moved to the acceptance stage now. He's not coming back.

He was a great player for us, but I for one feel that he can never really achieve true greatness despite his amazing talent and performances because there is a definite taint of selfishness about him. Sport is a romantic business, and I don't think he has ever really acknowledged the love that his Geelong supporter base had for him and his family. I understand all the fishbowl stuff he goes on with, but it wouldn't hurt to show a little more awareness of the debt that he owes to the club. Maybe he is being quoted selectively, but the message I get is that he much prefers it up there and a premiership at GCFC would mean a lot more to him. Again, that's fair enough, but I think a true champion wouldn't rub it in so much, whether directly or indirectly.

A bit sooky I know. I've spent four decades watching the Catters and the Abletts were a thread of continuity through my upbringing. I really felt it when he left. Still, glad to see junior is still a major star, and I hope he achieves all his personal goals.

We can do this.

I get is that he much prefers it up there and a premiership at GCFC would mean a lot more to him.

To be fair this may not be how ablett necessarily feels. We know the man is for sale and it shouldn't come as a surprise that there's a price from what comes out of his mouth as well. The words have dimwit vlad written all over it. He's being a good boy and giving the kind of sales pitch that would be music to dimwit's ears.

Err... as far as I'm aware the AFL directly funds their expenditures, they're not a separate entity like Geelong and most other self-sufficient clubs that pay for things from their own pocket. So as long as the competition is turning a dollar, GC won't be going without any time soon.

Where ever they get the $$$$ , the have a slowly reducing SC , and a list that is gaining traction. Sure they will be losing a few of the players they have , but some of their kids would be on a lot more elsewhere. So for them to find the cash to pay GA again , will not be as easy as it was 3 years ago if they want to keep the kids they like.

I suspect they'll find some loophole to increase their salary cap to fit gaj in again. Whatever it takes, only difference is that they have a license to get away with it. :thumbsdown:

To be fair this may not be how ablett necessarily feels. We know the man is for sale and it shouldn't come as a surprise that there's a price from what comes out of his mouth as well. The words have dimwit vlad written all over it. He's being a good boy and giving the kind of sales pitch that would be music to dimwit's ears.

Don't blame him so much for the money though. Can't say I wouldn't do the same thing in his place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back