• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Well guys there's a real chance of us finishing last now which means the no 1 pick , let's ignore the possibility of the priority pick right now and focus on that first pick .

What would you do , I think we should trade it for a high pick and a player or 2 really good players

I see 'collect the wooden spoon' isn't an option.

We have a glut of tall forwards already so I would think trade for some ready made mids, or is Boyd just that good that he must be taken?

No chance of finishing last ,GWS won't win another game this season ( we won't either ) . Unless we get a great trade offer for pick 2 , go for best player .

^ Correct - GWS won't win again, beating us was nothing more than another example of just how bad the MFC is.

They have one more winnable game against Gold Coast. we play Gold and Western Bulldogs that are 'winnable' games.

Well guys there's a real chance of us finishing last now which means the no 1 pick , let's ignore the possibility of the priority pick right now and focus on that first pick .

What would you do , I think we should trade it for a high pick and a player or 2 really good players

Cry.

Haven't voted yet, need to think about it, but I don't think we'll finish last.

Since our problem has generally been development, I think I'm leaning towards using whatever pick we get (probably no.2) to try and lure a more established player to the club. We need to start seeing positive results sooner rather than later, and even if we seemingly pay 'overs' for an established mid, as long as we get the choice right then the long term benefits are crucial and well worth it.

I don't really care how good Boyd is, we have enough talls already and more importantly, we have enough kids. Need to get some senior midfield bodies in ASAP.

At the top end of the draft, you take the best available player - there is ALWAYS space for them. Boyd is considered head and shoulders above the rest, so he should go No. 1. If Wayne Carey was available in the draft, we'd be stupid to pick a mid instead.

At the top end of the draft, you take the best available player - there is ALWAYS space for them. Boyd is considered head and shoulders above the rest, so he should go No. 1. If Wayne Carey was available in the draft, we'd be stupid to pick a mid instead.

You would be if you had Lloyd, Lockett and Brown up forward already.

I don't really care how good Boyd is, we have enough talls already and more importantly, we have enough kids. Need to get some senior midfield bodies in ASAP.

This.

We already have a star key forward in Clark (when fit), a workhorse in Dawes, the talented enigma in Watts, the future beast in Hogan, the high flier in Jeremy Howe.

And then Fitzy is showing a bit!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade our first pick for a mid. We are getting ducked in the midfield every game. This needs to be addressed. Our backs and forwards will look so much better with an improved midfield.

You would be if you had Lloyd, Lockett and Brown up forward already.

Really? Is that how you see us? We're going that good that we can pass on the best to fill a need else where? We are just that good that we can say "Nope Mr Gun. We want a different player - as good as you but just a tad shorter and a little bit faster. And we'll do it. Because everytime we've drafted for needs it's worked out so well for us."

Morons. Our club, players and supporters are morons. I'm not even angry anymore. Just bemused.

Really? Is that how you see us? We're going that good that we can pass on the best to fill a need else where? We are just that good that we can say "Nope Mr Gun. We want a different player - as good as you but just a tad shorter and a little bit faster. And we'll do it. Because everytime we've drafted for needs it's worked out so well for us."

Morons. Our club, players and supporters are morons. I'm not even angry anymore. Just bemused.

Lol. You want to draft a 6th key forward when our club gets smashed through the midfield every week.

I think draft Aish tbh. There's no midfielders worth a pick 1 on the market. The other idea could be 1 for Adams and 2 and upgrade the Giants picks

EXPRIENCED *ing MIDS.

Daisy Thomas / Steelebum / SOMEONE!!!

I know we need mids, But if we get pick 1 take the best player and by all reports it is Boyd so we take him.

And if thats the case i would trade Watts for the best mid.

Since when does the media 'consensus' number 1 pick become the best player in the draft?

Since when does the media 'consensus' number 1 pick become the best player in the draft?

Especially considering he's essentially the only top line forward available since Patton.

I think draft Aish tbh. There's no midfielders worth a pick 1 on the market. The other idea could be 1 for Adams and 2 and upgrade the Giants picks

If pick 1 or 2 are on the market though, suddenly the midfielders on the table could be better quality than it seems currently. You never know.

Back