List Mgmt. The OFFICIAL 2013 Trade/Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got what we really wanted with no need for drastic measures given the balanced state of our list.

Take three picks to the draft, get some talent, and attack 2014 with gusto.

Time to close off this thread and leave it for the masses in the future to "time capsule" the winner of trade eon.

(Staying up to date with Trolls during the offseason via Tapatalk)

It's interesting, we've had inside info (from RF and HH, from memory) saying the following blokes are all gone. If that's the case then we'll be going pretty deep in this draft.

IN: Dal Santo, McDonald, Pick 30, Pick 47, Pick 65, Pick 83/PSD
OUT: Delaney, Gysberts, Kennedy, Mabon, Sierakowski, Anthony (rookie if no-one else takes him)

I suspect we'll keep Siera at least.

It's interesting, we've had inside info (from RF and HH, from memory) saying the following blokes are all gone. If that's the case then we'll be going pretty deep in this draft.

OUT: Delaney, Gysberts, Kennedy, Mabon, Sierakowski, Anthony (rookie if no-one else takes him)

Reckon Anthony stays on list.

We will use picks 30, 47 and 65 + 2 rookies.

Got what we really wanted with no need for drastic measures given the balanced state of our list.

Take three picks to the draft, get some talent, and attack 2014 with gusto.

Seeing as we loaded up on players that were between 20 and 24 last year (Hine, Gysberts, Jacobs and Currie) it's probably a good thing we'll spread age group a bit and take kids at 8, 30 and 47.

Might leave this open for a few more hours for opinions on the trade period and any rumours from scoopy, joey, sickmick, deepwells and my neighbours dog washers cousins girlfriend mate regarding close run things etc.

Meanwhile, Swallow recuperates from tearing his achilles by hiking 11km around Wineglass Bay. ****.

Andrew Swallow@andrewswallow
2m
Got ready for Utah with a 11km hike up and around Wineglass Bay in Tassie. Leg pulled up well #niceview #utahbound

Thats actually a pretty hard treck from memory, especially with a repaired achilles.

I know they were doing upgrades to make it more casual friendly but its still a massive effort by el capitan.

Agree on Siera, probably grabbed an extra year playing ok in the last 2 games. I think Mabon will be kept as ruck insurance, unless the club has a backup ruck in its sights. Wont be surprised if we don't go past 47, leaving Keys, Gys, AK, and LA (rookie) as the outs, and NDS, LMac, 30, 47 as ins.

Reckon Anthony stays on list.

We will use picks 30, 47 and 65.

So Sierakowski > Anthony for selection late in the year but Siera gets the chop? Wouldn't surprise me if they were giving him a chance just to see how he'd go. Still, I'd prefer Siera. Reckon there's a 10-20% chance he 'makes it' whereas I've given up on Anthony.

I know for a fact that we didn't always pick the best 22 this year which would no doubt annoy a few posters on here.

So Sierakowski > Anthony for selection late in the year but Siera gets the chop? Wouldn't surprise me if they were giving him a chance just to see how he'd go. Still, I'd prefer Siera. Reckon there's a 10-20% chance he 'makes it' whereas I've given up on Anthony.
Only for the sake of contract status Dazzler.

I know for a fact that we didn't always pick the best 22 this year which would no doubt annoy a few posters on here.
Not surprising given word that it is from now on in that we are going to be going hard. Hopefully literally in that the 'we' is the supporters and the 'hard' is, well, hard.

Thats actually a pretty hard treck from memory, especially with a repaired achilles.

I know they were doing upgrades to make it more casual friendly but its still a massive effort by el capitan.

Not too hard a trek, but got a pretty steep climb to start. Should be evidence enough that he has pulled up pretty well I would think.

Wineglass Bay does bring back memories. Walked it about 25 years ago with a mate, to be joined by a Danish backpacker, ending up with the 3 of us squeezed into the tent on the beach at Wineglass. And with a gorgeous blonde Scandanavian with us, we had a fishing boat come ashore and cook up some of their catch. Good times. :)

Yeah I get that but we have cap room, we should retain the best players possible.
If the odds are neither are going to be called up for action, why waste the cash? That could be an extra $150K or whatever that could go towards new equipment or staff, or a front payment to a player coming out of contract in 2014.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might leave this open for a few more hours for opinions on the trade period and any rumours from scoopy, joey, sickmick, deepwells and my neighbours dog washers cousins girlfriend mate regarding close run things etc.
My hairdresser's mother in law told me he was making half of that up.

If the odds are neither are going to be called up for action, why waste the cash? That could be an extra $150K or whatever that could go towards new equipment or staff, or a front payment to a player coming out of contract in 2014.

Essentially it's Sierakowski vs a 2nd round rookie selection. Also, the difference would be more like 50K I'd say.

My hairdresser's mother in law told me he was making half of that up.
Well my alcoholic uncles drive through bottleo attendants mates favourite stripper said that your hairdresser's mother in law was a junkie who would say anything for shits and giggles. Not that I believe a word that comes out of her mouth though. Speaking of which, ping pong balls. Amazing.

Essentially it's Sierakowski vs a 2nd round rookie selection. Also, the difference would be more like 50K I'd say.
Yeah, fair call.

were we even still at trade week after we got nicky dal? lol..

I'd say a big fat NO!

We had a little interest in some bit players, but were only prepared to part with late picks. In saying that had we caught a Bugg or landed a Bruce, we'd have to cut other players.

but got a pretty steep climb to start

Yeah that was more what I was getting at, steep climb which would put a bit of pressure on the ol' achilles.

I did the Maria Island (I think it was Maria) climb a year or two back with a couple of friends, pretty brutal especially toward the end, got to the very top to be greeted by 2 stunning euro-blondes... seems to be the way most Tassie hiking trips end.

Think I have a pic of myself at the peak of the climb in a north shirt or hat, the view is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back