Unofficial Preview Face off: Adelaide v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

For those that can't make it to the game, and those looking to enjoy the replay, everyones favourite Dwayne, Mr Russell himself shall be commentating.

Pepper yourself for some vintage Dwayne!

Oh FFS. Surely not. Time to get commentary from elsewhere. Unbearable supporting every time from that flog.

No he won't - Talia will play on Schultz.

Pods will drop back as loose man when required.

Talia will smash Schultz. Too quick for him, will wear him like a glove. Westhoff may get off the chain though, will need to be double teamed. Pods dropping back as LMID could work very nicely, has defended bloody well when swung down back.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, Sando sees Pods as someone who's form has actually been quite good this year and deserves his spot on merit.
My ascertation wasn't that Pods did or didn't deserve a game, it was that he shouldn't be used as the swing man from forward to defence.
Never like this idea as you then have too many tall defenders unless you sub one. And should we be using pods in this way??
Still don't like the idea of going in with all of pods, lynch, walker and Jenkins as forwards, would prefer 3 of them and someone like danger, kedge, etc. instead.

Talia will smash Schultz. Too quick for him, will wear him like a glove. Westhoff may get off the chain though, will need to be double teamed. Pods dropping back as LMID could work very nicely, has defended bloody well when swung down back.

I dunno, from his 8 goals on the weekend most of them were despite pressure from the defender. There were a few where a faster defender may have put more pressure on him, [his first goal and another where he was able to lead back into space and mark by himself] but Schulz's use of the body was excellent and think that is where he would try and beat Talia.

Should be a good contest.

Don't think we have made enough changes...first 10 minutes will tell the story...if we don't bring the heat...Port will kill us on the break...only things going for us is the weather forecast and hopefully a rabid 19th man.
Martin, Lyons still in the side, Dangerfield will be lucky to be at 70%, both the Crouches should be playing....I mean FFS what does Matt Crouch have to do?
Head says PAP's will smash us as our ladder positions suggest, heart hopes for another famous Showdown victory.

I reckon Martin could have 30 and kick 3 and people would still be calling for his head. At least this board has a new whipping boy though, not sure what some posters would do without him in the side.

You ever watched Martin play?

Don't think we have made enough changes...first 10 minutes will tell the story...if we don't bring the heat...Port will kill us on the break...only things going for us is the weather forecast and hopefully a rabid 19th man.
Martin, Lyons still in the side, Dangerfield will be lucky to be at 70%, both the Crouches should be playing....I mean FFS what does Matt Crouch have to do?
Head says PAP's will smash us as our ladder positions suggest, heart hopes for another famous Showdown victory.

Matt Crouch needs to improve his efficiency. That's what he needs to do. Gets a lot of it but gives away a hell of a lot too. And before all you 'Bob lovers' attack me, I've watched every game of his in the Sanfl and I'm sorry but he often misses targets. Doesn't butcher it but doesn't hit targets....

Yep, we're going to show them no mercy like we did with essendon last week.
Wait a sec, I have to defend Sando on that one. I heard the interview and those words were put into his mouth by the the interviewer who thought he'd struck gold as soon as Sando was dumb enough to repeat the words in his answer. Sando didn't just stand up and say 'we're going to show them no mercy'.

Last edited:
Matt Crouch needs to improve his efficiency. That's what he needs to do. Gets a lot of it but gives away a hell of a lot too. And before all you 'Bob lovers' attack me, I've watched every game of his in the Sanfl and I'm sorry but he often misses targets. Doesn't butcher it but doesn't hit targets....

M Crouch can't kick? Fits right in then. Smith is the only player in our list that can.

That was the beef before we picked him, so we drafted him knowing this issue. So unless they think they can fix that, which is unlikely, we play him or it's wasted pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back