Unofficial Preview Face off: Adelaide v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait a sec, I have to defend Sando on that one. I heard the interview and those words were put into his mouth by the the interviewer who thought he'd struck gold as soon as Sando was dumb enough to repeat the words in his answer. Sando didn't just stand up and say 'we're going to show them no mercy'.
I don't think that really matters for anyone on here unfortunately.

That was the beef before we picked him, so we drafted him knowing this issue. So unless they think they can fix that, which is unlikely, we play him or it's wasted pick.
Kicking isn't something you can improve in half a season for christ sake, I'm sure he's working on it a heck of a lot at training and trying to implement that at SANFL level. It's his first season for goodness sakes, you don't have to play him just so that idiots like you think it isn't a wasted pick!

I agree one of those two should have come in still, but at the expense of someone like Lyons, who was bog ordinary last week.
Make up your mind. Why would you have wanted Grigg in if he has been ordinary and woefully out of form? Face it, you support the clubs decisions even if they go against your opinion, that's okay.

Yeh, Lyons in a half was definitely worst on ground.

Kicking isn't something you can improve in half a season for christ sake, I'm sure he's working on it a heck of a lot at training and trying to implement that at SANFL level. It's his first season for goodness sakes, you don't have to play him just so that idiots like you think it isn't a wasted pick!
Id say kicking isn't something you improve much when you are an adult, its too late. Has Dangers, Sloanes, Thommo's, Brads, Fyfe etc improved? You either have it your do don't.

And if I'm an idiot, what does that make a suck like you who changes his mind based on what the club tells him to think?

Can we all take a moment and just relish how less-s**t this thread became once it was opened to non-crows posters and our circlejerk was muted.

Can we all take a moment and just relish how less-s**t this thread became once it was opened to non-crows posters and our circlejerk was muted.
Gloat if you like - it was a rubbish decision and the result speaks for itself

You're not setting the standard particularly high.

12 touches and 2 goals in a losing side last week.
19 and 2 in a winning side the week before.
10 and 0 against Freo (he was woeful).
19 and 1 against GC.
12 and nothing against Carlton (was dismal).
17 and 1 against Collingwood.
12 and 2 against Melbourne (thought he was mediocre, one tackle too).
12 and 3 against Western Bulldogs.
15 and 1 against GWS.
14 and 3 against Saints.
23 and 1 against Sydney (padded by playing loose).
9 and 1 against Port.
11 and 0 against Geelong.

He was brought in as insurance, but he's become a key player based on the above?

Those stats are mediocre - and flattered by Saints and Western Bulldogs.

Shouldn't be in the side now that Lynch is fit, and if we are seriously considering using him as a loose man in defence, then Sando is even more clueless than I thought.

Otten - our only player who has blanketed hoff in the past.

R5 2012 - Hoff kicked 4.1 and had 16 disposals on Otten.
R3 2013 - Hoff kicked 4.4 and had 24 disposals. Otten was on him until 3rd Quarter before Talia was moved on to him.
R19 2013 - Hoff had 11 possesions and 3 marks on Otten

Gonna be a tough one but hopefully Otten can get the job done. Port's small/medium forwards and goal kicking mids worry me a lot more than their talls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

R5 2012 - Hoff kicked 4.1 and had 16 disposals on Otten.
R3 2013 - Hoff kicked 4.4 and had 24 disposals. Otten was on him until 3rd Quarter before Talia was moved on to him.
R19 2013 - Hoff had 11 possesions and 3 marks on Otten

Gonna be a tough one but hopefully Otten can get the job done. Port's small/medium forwards and goal kicking mids worry me a lot more than their talls.
Incorrect!

Last game Otten played on Hoff in the 1st half & he had no impact. Hoff was moved (because he was a non-event), but idiot AFC coaches didn't have Otten follow & Hoff lit it up in the 2nd half. Hopefully AFC coaches learnt their lesson!

Go back & watch the games...

Pods has a tendency to drop some absolute sitters too... he's done it all year, including 2 last week. I tolerate Tex/JJ doing that because they're still developing but not Pods. Would much rather play a young runner instead of Sando trying to fit his good mate in the side. Pods was only ever meant to be insurance.

Can't agree with the Matt Crouch can't kick calls. I've seen a fair bit of him at SANFL level myself. Yes he's not 50 metre bullet pass-type like Brodie Smith but his kicking over 30-40 is fine. He's a bit like Sloane in that as long as he kicks within his limitations and doesn't try and over cook it, his kicking is actually ok.

Also, here's a stat: M.Crouch has had 39 kicks in his last two SANFL games with only 7 being classed as ineffective. Combined with the amount of contested ball he gets, it sounds reasonable.

There's another thing called a handball....

Pods has a tendency to drop some absolute sitters too... he's done it all year, including 2 last week. I tolerate Tex/JJ doing that because they're still developing but not Pods. Would much rather play a young runner instead of Sando trying to fit his good mate in the side. Pods was only ever meant to be insurance.
The frustrating thing about Pods is he'll do the hard thing first (i.e. throw away his opponent without infringing) then have the ball just drop through his fingers or bounce of his chest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back