List Mgmt. 2014 Free Agency, draft and trades news and discussion **Not the trade hypotheticals thread"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will also be some Sydney fallout with cola gone.

I would expect we're talking with player managers constantly and have our offers on the table already.
I don't think the Sydney fall out will be felt for some years.
Conceding that the lost Mumford last year for some space, at the end of this year they will lose Rhys Shaw, Adam Goodes, O'Keefe and possible LRT/Ted Richards through retirement. Fair bit of cap space there opens up. Swans will only feel the pinch in 3-4 years when the back ended deals of Tippet/Buddy are in full swing.

Conceding that the lost Mumford last year for some space, at the end of this year they will lose Rhys Shaw, Adam Goodes, O'Keefe and possible LRT/Ted Richards through retirement. Fair bit of cap space there opens up. Swans will only feel the pinch in 3-4 years when the back ended deals of Tippet/Buddy are in full swing.

Haha, they'll be right.

Goodes retiring will free up less cash than you would think as I'm pretty sure some of his salary is covered under the "Ambassador" payments (yet another way the Swans cheat the salary cap with the AFL's help). I'm not 100% sure of the rules surrounding this payment, but no player on their list other than Jack should be eligible for it after AOTY retires.

Goodes retiring will free up less cash than you would think as I'm pretty sure some of his salary is covered under the "Ambassador" payments (yet another way the Swans cheat the salary cap with the AFL's help). I'm not 100% sure of the rules surrounding this payment, but no player on their list other than Jack should be eligible for it after AOTY retires.
Ambassador, COLA, veterans list. Wouldn't be surprised with all those concessions that Adam Goodes doesn't actually have any salary that falls under the regular cap! :rolleyes:

Has anyone seen Mitch Brown (1) or James Toohey (41) from Geelong play AFL / VFL? Do they go ok?

Both would struggle for opportunities behind Mackie, Taylor & Lonergan, all of who probably have at least couple of years left.

Has anyone seen Mitch Brown (1) or James Toohey (41) from Geelong play AFL / VFL? Do they go ok?

Both would struggle for opportunities behind Mackie, Taylor & Lonergan, all of who probably have at least couple of years left.

If they were trading with Melbourne a swap of fourth round picks

If trading with Hawthorn they would be asking for 2 second round picks for the one player.

If they were trading with Melbourne a swap of fourth round picks

If trading with Hawthorn they would be asking for 2 second round picks for the one player.
Likes Gilles (sp.), yeah?

Tom Mitchell is contracted until 2016 on more than $400,000 per season, not bad going for someone who can't get a game. Tough job for those hoping to entice him with a pay rise, bottomless pit up there.

Tom Mitchell is contracted until 2016 on more than $400,000 per season, not bad going for someone who can't get a game. Tough job for those hoping to entice him with a pay rise, bottomless pit up there.

How, if you figures are correct, does a guy who has played 18 games in his career get to earn $400,00 per season

No doubt they are having a guess but it then makes you wonder what the likes of kennedy, parker and hannebury are on

Without trying to sidetrack the thread too much, it makes me wonder more about these ambassador payments or if there are some other schemes that are being afforded that we don't know about. Very little information about this stuff and I don't think that's by accident. Add in Reid's contract, Kennedy's pay rise etc and it's hard to see how the numbers could add up, unless they have All Australians playing for rookie wages somewhere.

Carlton just opening the chequebook and throwing at anyone.

As usual we will come out of it with nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would love to see Gary Rowan in the brown and gold next year.

Do you think Sydney would be interested in a trade involving David Hale, they seem pretty light on in the ruck department.

Without trying to sidetrack the thread too much, it makes me wonder more about these ambassador payments or if there are some other schemes that are being afforded that we don't know about. Very little information about this stuff and I don't think that's by accident. Add in Reid's contract, Kennedy's pay rise etc and it's hard to see how the numbers could add up, unless they have All Australians playing for rookie wages somewhere.

The say that LRT, ROK and others will go for Frawley. Wouldn't surprise me if that group make up over a mil, which is scary as they clearly pay more that the cap + 9.8%. Seems like cap + 28%

I would love to see Gary Rowan in the brown and gold next year.

Do you think Sydney would be interested in a trade involving David Hale, they seem pretty light on in the ruck department.
I've heard that he suffers quite a lot of chronic pain in his leg since his injury. Don't know how it will affect him in the long term but doesn't seem worth it. Rather try and get Luke Parker.

I am sure we are still in the mix for Frawley, if we want him. $wans probably just trying to make us pay overs for him. That is the other advantage of their cap and ambassadorial rort. They can jack the price up if they feel a contender is interested in a player.
Players I would hope we are making advances towards -
Luke Parker
Tom Mitchell
Dylan Shiel
Dangerfield (apparently we are heavily into his ear now for 2016)
James Frawley
Scott Thompson (North variety)

These are just people I hope we are looking into, I know some of them are still within contracts but that's what trades are for. We have a few lower players that could be offered up with picks -

Hallahan
Lowden
Grimley
Cheney
Litherland
Duryea

I am sure there are others that would be let go for the right offer too. I am not saying I want any of the above to go but they might be offered as a part of deals to get a better player.

I am sure we are still in the mix for Frawley, if we want him. $wans probably just trying to make us pay overs for him. That is the other advantage of their cap and ambassadorial rort. They can jack the price up if they feel a contender is interested in a player.
Players I would hope we are making advances towards -
Luke Parker
Tom Mitchell
Dylan Shiel
Dangerfield (apparently we are heavily into his ear now for 2016)
James Frawley
Scott Thompson (North variety)

These are just people I hope we are looking into, I know some of them are still within contracts but that's what trades are for. We have a few lower players that could be offered up with picks -

Hallahan
Lowden
Grimley
Cheney
Litherland
Duryea

I am sure there are others that would be let go for the right offer too. I am not saying I want any of the above to go but they might be offered as a part of deals to get a better player.

I can't see us getting more than 3rd round picks for any of those players, except maybe Gus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back