Dayne beams officially requests trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you honestly believe you aren't going to go hammer and tong to get him?

When's the last time a genuine star of the competition was at your fingertips to land? This is as golden an opportunity as you can get. Players aren't just queuing up to go to Brisbane. These set of circumstances are proving fortunate for you guys that he is even a chance to land at the Lions. The Brisbane market needs this to happen. He walks into that place as the best player instantly. It's no different to Judd joining a struggling Blues and all of a sudden the place gets a lift. You pay to get these players, they don't come cheap.

Greg Swann knows what it takes to get these deals done and you guys are fortunate that he is capable of landing Beams and doing the deal to get his man- even if you have to lose some collateral to get the man you guys need. Pick 4 and a guy like Aish won't even be felt at Brisbane when Beams lines up in round 1 of 2015 at the Gabba. In fact, your side has improved out of sight.

You won't hold any more cards next year than you do this year as you still need to facilitate a trade. The whole national draft thing just doesn't happen. Luke Ball was the exception to the rule. 12 months is a long time in footy and things change very quickly. Hell, this could all change within the next few weeks.

I agree with all but the aish part. Beams will improve our team tenfold but not at the cost of aish. (Not for me anyways)

I agree with all but the aish part. Beams will improve our team tenfold but not at the cost of aish. (Not for me anyways)

If we swapped Aish for Beams your midfield adds a 24 yr old elite talent and the #1 player at your club.

Ours adds a 19yr old kid with "potential" and a gaping hole.

You wouldn't even feel his absence, irrespective of how drawn you are to your drafted young player.

So by that logic, it's by definition impossible for Lions fans to propose a trade scenario that you will take seriously. Makes me wonder why you are even here?

Makes you wonder why you bother thinking Lions will land Beams with that kind of garbage you propose

When's the last time a genuine star of the competition was at your fingertips to land? This is as golden an opportunity as you can get. Players aren't just queuing up to go to Brisbane. These set of circumstances are proving fortunate for you guys that he is even a chance to land at the Lions. The Brisbane market needs this to happen. He walks into that place as the best player instantly. It's no different to Judd joining a struggling Blues

Dayne Beams is not a name in Queensland. He won't have a transformative effect on us in a marketing sense or the visibility of AFL in Rugby country... At least not to the level you seem to think.

Fev had that power because he brought a circus. If you asked 100 random Queenslanders in the mall who Dayne Beams was last week I reckon you'd be lucky if 3 people knew.

Beams demanded a trade to Brisbane yesterday. The back page of the Courier Mail today was dedicated to the Gold Coast Titans moving their training base a few kms up the road.

When's the last time a genuine star of the competition was at your fingertips to land? This is as golden an opportunity as you can get. Players aren't just queuing up to go to Brisbane. These set of circumstances are proving fortunate for you guys that he is even a chance to land at the Lions. The Brisbane market needs this to happen. He walks into that place as the best player instantly. It's no different to Judd joining a struggling Blues and all of a sudden the place gets a lift. You pay to get these players, they don't come cheap.

Greg Swann knows what it takes to get these deals done and you guys are fortunate that he is capable of landing Beams and doing the deal to get his man- even if you have to lose some collateral to get the man you guys need. Pick 4 and a guy like Aish won't even be felt at Brisbane when Beams lines up in round 1 of 2015 at the Gabba. In fact, your side has improved out of sight.

You won't hold any more cards next year than you do this year as you still need to facilitate a trade. The whole national draft thing just doesn't happen. Luke Ball was the exception to the rule. 12 months is a long time in footy and things change very quickly. Hell, this could all change within the next few weeks.
Beam's is half the player Judd was at 24 - your talking about a two time Brownlow medallist all time great.

If Judd was pick 3, pick 4 (Kennedy) and 20. Then Beams is more like pick 3 and pick 20. Beams is not C.Judd - you cannot be seriously comparing the two as even in value? Beams is on par with Rockliff. So pick 4 and pick 22 is close to fair in these circumstances IMO.

If you say Aish and pick 4, we could essentially get a 24 year old C.Judd if we added our pick 22.

could the trade get hawthorn involved?

suckling and pick 4 to Collingwood
beams to Brisbane
Brisbane second rounder to hawks?

If we swapped Aish for Beams your midfield adds a 24 yr old elite talent and the #1 player at your club.

You wouldn't even feel his absence, irrespective of how drawn you are to your drafted young player.
To quote ppoiter from the Collingwood board.

Reminds me of that Family Guy ep where Peter and Lois have to decide between a free boat or a mystery box and Peter goes, "Well a boat's a boat but the mystery box could be anything... It could even be a boat!"

Dayne Beams is not a name in Queensland. He won't have a transformative effect on us in a marketing sense or the visibility of AFL in Rugby country... At least not to the level you seem to think.

Fev had that power because he brought a circus. If you asked 100 random Queenslanders in the mall who Dayne Beams was last week I reckon you'd be lucky if 3 people knew.

Beams demanded a trade to Brisbane yesterday. The back page of the Courier Mail was dedicated to the Gold Coast Titans moving their training base a few kms up the road.

Not our problem everybody knows his a star in Melbourne and Brisbane are a lot smarter then you browndog

Yes I understand for next year and the year after we won't miss him. But in 5 years time we will.

Not our problem everybody knows his a star in Melbourne and Brisbane are a lot smarter then you browndog

Smart enough to know you just missed the point entirely, again. It's really getting tiresome now.

Here is a tip... Read the post the person is replying to as well as the post itself. It provides something called "context".

beams to bris
bris pick 4 and aish to crows
coll pick 8 to crows
dangerfield to collingwood

discussed informally at the meeting of 16 clubs at westpac centre on tuesday. whether it, or some variation of it, eventuates is another matter, but extremely strong mail around that it was raised in discussion between the 3 clubs
So Adelaide get pick 4 and 8 and Aish for Danger. Brissie and Pies robbed blind in this deal

How about this for a crazy hypothetical trade.

Brisbane gain Beams, lose pick 4 & Josh Green
Saints trade pick 1, gain 3 plus Jaksch.
GWS gain pick 1,4 and Josh Green, lose Will Hoskin Elliott, pick 3 and 2nd pick
Pies lose Beams, gain Will Hoskin Elliott and 2nd round pick.

How about this for a crazy hypothetical trade.

Brisbane gain Beams, lose pick 4 & Josh Green
Saints trade pick 1, gain 3 plus Jaksch.
GWS gain pick 1,4 and Josh Green, lose Will Hoskin Elliott, pick 3 and 2nd pick
Pies lose Beams, gain Will Hoskin Elliott and 2nd round pick.

So Pies gain WHE (Pick 4) and a second round pick for Beams. What is the difference to us giving you our pick 4 and 22 for Beams?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly, most of this is pretty much spot on. We're bloody close to getting exactly the guy we need and we don't want to miss out because we're not prepared to be bold enough.

But that doesn't mean we can afford to trade away Aish along with pick 4. Even if he did want to go to Collingwood, it just doesn't make sense for us to trade away super promising 18 year olds at this stage. As good as Beams is, from our perspective we'd be giving up more than we'd be getting.

I think the deal will ultimately be Beams for picks 4 and 24. And frankly, that's nothing to be sniffed at. I'm sure Collingwood will be getting into the ears of a bunch of Brisbane players trying to recruit someone they really want, but more likely if there's a player involved it won't be anyone firmly in the Lions' best 22. If they stuck around through last year's exodus, why would they leave now things are looking up?

can somebody clarify the father-son rule : i will use the collingwood-moore scenario this year to illustrate my question

If moore is nominated by a team ahead of collingwood, the rules seem to state that collingwood must commit their "next available selection" in the draft after that team to draft moore. What happens if the pies do that, and then trade pick 8 during the trade period - do they then get to take moore with a 2nd round pick? it seems to be a loophole that would have been exploited by now by other clubs if it could be, but i don't seem to be able to find anything in the rules that says otherwise? If this was available, the pies would be free to use pick 8 in the dangerfield trade, and then still get highly rated father-son prospect in moore later on

can somebody clarify the father-son rule : i will use the collingwood-moore scenario this year to illustrate my question

If moore is nominated by a team ahead of collingwood, the rules seem to state that collingwood must commit their "next available selection" in the draft after that team to draft moore. What happens if the pies do that, and then trade pick 8 during the trade period - do they then get to take moore with a 2nd round pick? it seems to be a loophole that would have been exploited by now by other clubs if it could be, but i don't seem to be able to find anything in the rules that says otherwise? If this was available, the pies would be free to use pick 8 in the dangerfield trade, and then still get highly rated father-son prospect in moore later on
FS bidding is done before trade period

Honestly, most of this is pretty much spot on. We're bloody close to getting exactly the guy we need and we don't want to miss out because we're not prepared to be bold enough.

But that doesn't mean we can afford to trade away Aish along with pick 4. Even if he did want to go to Collingwood, it just doesn't make sense for us to trade away super promising 18 year olds at this stage. As good as Beams is, from our perspective we'd be giving up more than we'd be getting.

I think the deal will ultimately be Beams for picks 4 and 24. And frankly, that's nothing to be sniffed at. I'm sure Collingwood will be getting into the ears of a bunch of Brisbane players trying to recruit someone they really want, but more likely if there's a player involved it won't be anyone firmly in the Lions' best 22. If they stuck around through last year's exodus, why would they leave now things are looking up?
I agree 4 and 22 seems possible. Its not what Beams is worth but will will end up taking a bit unders. The alternative is a player in the 10-20 range on your list. I see a few have been mentioned. Luenberger wont be of interest directly to Collingwood as we have enough trouble fitting Grundy and Witts in currently. However he could be involved if a 3rd party bought in a player of interest to Collingwood.

Some have mentioned Jack Crisp but a former rookie who couldn't get a game with you until the season was almost done and only had 2 games in 2013 seems pretty light on. I don't otherwise know enough about him. Pies more than anything probably need an immediate best 22 player with a least 50 games behind him because with Beams and Lumumba looking to be gone we are becoming desperately lacking in established players and our kids are going to get exposed too early.

Some real mouthbreathers in this thread tbh.

Ahhh, Rockliff is never leaving Brisbnae

We said the same about Beams :(

Beams has had baggage since the day he was drafted.. Collingwood knew it, they took the risk.

We should getting health checks and DNA profiling for all potential recruits family and friends, ensure there's no future health baggage :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Pendlebury for the Brownlow

Collingwood
Dayne Beams and Scott Pendlebury drew for the most votes at Collingwood with 16, but it wasn't good enough to get either player in the top 10 overall. Collingwood narrowly beat Carlton, with 60 votes.

West Coast
Priddis was always going to top the Eagles' list but few, if any, expected he would win with 26 votes. The next best Eagle was Josh Kennedy with 11 votes. The Eagles polled 73 votes in total.

Pendlebury for the Brownlow

I thought Pendles would have polled better, I didn't expect Beams to poll that well this season!

Collingwood fans- "Beams is a genuine star, will be your best player.
Brisbane fans- "K, we'll give you pick 4."
Collingwood fans- "LOL WHAT, Judd got heaps more."
Brisbane fans- "Okay, we'll throw in _____*" where * is some player who has played 10-15 games a year for the last 2 years.
Collingwood fans- "No, if he's being put up for trade, he's not that good. We don't want average players"

Adelaide fans- "Hey guys, what about this, *Some ridiculous trade that involves Aish going back to Adelaide."

Rinse and repeat.

This is going to be a great thread to look back on when trade week is over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back