Dayne beams officially requests trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Beams for Tom Rockliff, straight up.

Clearly not going to happen. Why even suggest something that unfeasible.

Rockliff is our captain in waiting, our first All-Australian in 5 years and the beating heart of the footy club - loves the Lions to death.

Clearly not going to happen. Why even suggest something that unfeasible.

Rockliff is our captain in waiting, our first All-Australian in 5 years and the beating heart of the footy club - loves the Lions to death.

I don't think you're in a position to make demands such as that...

I don't think you could get a fairer trade TBH.

Both have at least one AA season under the belts, both the same age and entering their primes as footballers.

That's not even close value that Geelong is giving Adelaide for Dangerfield. That's just insulting and embarrassing.
But isn't that how all the trades on BigFooty are done?
Your own team gives up very little and get premium returns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think you could get a fairer trade TBH.

Both have at least one AA season under the belts, both the same age and entering their primes as footballers.

So why would Brisbane do it? Wouldn't we just stick with the devil we know, who is on significantly less coin than Beams will get from us.

All the people saying that Aish should be part of the deal. Why the **** would he want to go to collingwood when he is from SA? If he ain't homesick he ain't leavin.

Forgive people wanting just return for one of their best players.

How would you react if it was the other way around and Rockliff was the one who wanted out?

How would you react if it was the other way around and Rockliff was the one who wanted out?

We'd be gutted. Thankfully after the horrors of last year we are bloody glad to have an influx instead of an exodus.

Forgive people wanting just return for one of their best players.

Sometimes you gotta be realistic and realise that no matter what you guys get for him you are probably going to get pissed off. My honest opinion is that it will end up being Crisp and pick 4.

for Beams to be linked with Brisbane, it may suggest they have a few players ready to sign with them and in doing so, be a genuine chance for finals in 2015.
I can't imagine Beams alone would be the difference but with Ryder and perhaps a KPF like a Dixon/Carlisle/Reid + Beams, they become a lot more solid.

Rockliff for Beams is 'fair', but Rockliff hasn't requested a trade to Victoria. Beams has requested a trade to Queensland.

If Beams is traded, Pies fans will be disappointed with what they get in return. If he's not traded Brisbane fans will get over it. Pick 4 or pick 4 + an average player is fine, but Rockliff or pick 4 + Aish/Mayes? Just no.

Imagine if this were the Bombers trying to trade with Brisbane, they would want Rockliff, Hanley, Taylor and the number 4 pick :p

So could always be worse ;)

Sheesh some of these Pies fans are delusional. Beams has said he wants to leave, so you can't bend over Brisbane here (again). Brisbane can't really bend you over either, but they sure as hell can make a trade that favours them to an extent.

They can, he is contracted for next year. But, if they force him to stay it probably wont end well.

for Beams to be linked with Brisbane, it may suggest they have a few players ready to sign with them and in doing so, be a genuine chance for finals in 2015.
I can't imagine Beams alone would be the difference but with Ryder and perhaps a KPF like a Dixon/Carlisle/Reid + Beams, they become a lot more solid.

I wouldn't expect them to play finals unless they play significantly better on the road, there are a lot of teams that are expecting to make the finals next year. It is one thing to win the odd game when people don't take you seriously, another thing when they do and you have the expectation on performing. Consistency is always a problem for young teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back