Dayle Garlett jailed for four years in WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Also didnt know that. Is that a system failure or just the situation he was born into?
Situation. Jeff garlett (not related) delt with the same issues and apart from a drunk pubch up and a driving issue hes been a model for a guy who was taken in as a talented junior and made it. Dayle was unfortunately gone

Dude is from a broken home and spent a lot of nights at random houses. Halfwat houses or the streets around bassendean. Its no suprise he didnt have an appetitie for hard work growing up like that

So sad. I would've thought he would have more of an appetite to make it given those circumstances. Unfortunately though it seems like the drugs took control and became his priority.

Such a sad, sad story and waste of a brilliant talent (and life for that matter)

Really hope he can someone turn his life around and get the rehabilitation he needs whilst incarcerated.

Will win mark of the year when he is released from jail and welcomed back by the AFL (just don't cross your arms after you kick a goal or you will get fined)

Growing up homeless and dealing with alcoholism at 12 is hardly world at his feet

Sometimes you get out like jeff gartlett did. Sometimes you dont like dayle

People don't want to hear that because it makes it harder to feel self-righteous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So sad. I would've thought he would have more of an appetite to make it given those circumstances. Unfortunately though it seems like the drugs took control and became his priority.
Its not sad, he is a selfish moron. Garlett was given countless opportunities to make a success of himself, opportunities that blokes from similar rough backgrounds would dream off getting.
I would say a sad story is the thousands of indigenous boys who just get left to waste away on drugs and alcohol and no one gives two hoots about them. Dayle spat in the face of all those people that spent time and money on him, unfortunately this is where it has lead him. I hope he can get himself back together because everyone deserves a second chance, although in Dayles instance it will be about his 59th chance.

Didnt have the mental power needed and this is the result. Not sad. He had chances right up until the end to turn things around but chose the easier way. Footy talent wasted...

Situation. Jeff garlett (not related) delt with the same issues and apart from a drunk pubch up and a driving issue hes been a model for a guy who was taken in as a talented junior and made it. Dayle was unfortunately gone

I thought he grew up in the western suburbs and his parents were well off. Sounds like I was lied to. Sad waste of talent either way, hopefully he can get fully rehabilitated.

Am i missing something? Was Murray Newman a meth'd up car thief?

I will boo hard when Crowley returns though, that filthy druggy

Waste of a life. Only difference between him and other smackies is he was given a shot.

Less sad than your average smacky.

Its not sad, he is a selfish moron. Garlett was given countless opportunities to make a success of himself, opportunities that blokes from similar rough backgrounds would dream off getting.
I would say a sad story is the thousands of indigenous boys who just get left to waste away on drugs and alcohol and no one gives two hoots about them. Dayle spat in the face of all those people that spent time and money on him, unfortunately this is where it has lead him. I hope he can get himself back together because everyone deserves a second chance, although in Dayles instance it will be about his 59th chance.
I reckon we can call something sad without comparing levels of sadness...

Hopefully he wants to turn his life around and uses the time in prison to rehabilitate and come out of it a better person. It will only happen if he wants it to happen though.

Harley Bennell has been in the AFL system for 5 years and played some really good football.

Garlett couldn't last 1 preseason. I thing comparing the two goes very close to the borderline of what is accepted.

Hopefully he wants to turn his life around and uses the time in prison to rehabilitate and come out of it a better person. It will only happen if he wants it to happen though.
Yep, not going to prision again will be the hardest thing he's ever done. Much harder than the effort he made to make it onto Hawthorn's list after twitter cooking his chances 1st time around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back