Dayle Garlett jailed for four years in WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Its not sad, he is a selfish moron. Garlett was given countless opportunities to make a success of himself, opportunities that blokes from similar rough backgrounds would dream off getting.
I would say a sad story is the thousands of indigenous boys who just get left to waste away on drugs and alcohol and no one gives two hoots about them. Dayle spat in the face of all those people that spent time and money on him, unfortunately this is where it has lead him. I hope he can get himself back together because everyone deserves a second chance, although in Dayles instance it will be about his 59th chance.

Don't totally disagree, but it's worth noting that that research is showing us how growing up in serious poverty as Dayle did, effects the biological development of kid's brains. Might help explain why he's made decisions that seem so unrelatable to most of us.

Sad news indeed.

I read Dayle Garlett and Jeff Garlett are cousins. Jeff also being a cousin with Lance Franklin.

Talented DNA.

Don't totally disagree, but it's worth noting that that research is showing us how growing up in serious poverty as Dayle did, effects the biological development of kid's brains. Might help explain why he's made decisions that seem so unrelatable to most of us.
You certainly have some sort of case in this instance however at some point an individual must take a degree of responsibility for his/her actions. Being convicted of multiple criminal acts and a history of petulant behavior tells me its not just an odd brain fade but rather a long drawn out period of irresponsible and selfish behaviour.

You certainly have some sort of case in this instance however at some point an individual must take a degree of responsibility for his/her actions.
You talk of taking responsibility for ones actions. Like when Micky O paid an alleged rape victim $200k for her silence?

Yeah nah. There are rules for some and rules for others. Sadly, Garlett in this case falls into the former, not the latter.

You talk of taking responsibility for ones actions. Like when Micky O paid an alleged rape victim $200k for her silence?

Yeah nah. There are rules for some and rules for others. Sadly, Garlett in this case falls into the former, not the latter.
Are you serious? Allegedly?.. LOL you moron...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dude is from a broken home and spent a lot of nights at random houses. Halfwat houses or the streets around bassendean. Its no suprise he didnt have an appetitie for hard work growing up like that

Terribly sad for the lad. If he commits to his rehabilitation in prison he still has a chance in life but it's all on him from here.

This is sad. People seeing this as a win for society or themselves are quite simply the s**t human beings.

He has done some scumbag things, but Aboriginals deserve a seriously different lens. There are inherent issues even when well-off (in a western sense) Indigenous family. When someone grows up in a s**t area, with no solid parenting figures, an absence of care or self-worth, and being mates with who he is... it doesn't just take determination to get out of those funks, it takes some luck too.

He had amazing chances. He probably didn't even deserve to have the short chance he did at the Hawks. It's a sad waste of a potentially cool, rewarding, exciting lifestyle and from now on we'll just be hearing more and more about how this prick is in and out of jails, committing all these crimes...

I feel sorry for the bloke. This is a widespread issue for Aboriginals, especially in areas like Basso. It's depressing. Sadly hilarious when people with Goodes avatars don't see this...

But then again Bigfooty is full of Abbott loving mouth-breathers so of course it's all down to him as an individual/a-hole/whatever.

Grew up povo, homeless half the time, s**t family, no role models, drugs/alcohol, probably surrounded violence (tends to go with alcoholism), looks like his mates are a bunch of ********s as well.

AFL demands a hell of a lot from people- who are pretty much kids when they start. He wasn't capable of taking his opportunities. It's a sad story. No one actually wants to end up in jail and give up a million dollar career. People tried, they failed. Hopefully he comes out rehabilitated but really that's not going to happen is it.

Why? If anything I admire Hawthorn's effort to give him a lifeline.

His problems are all of his own making, not Hawthorn's.
Not exactly.

I'm told he has some issues that have always, and will continue to, hinder him throughout his life.

Jail isn't going to held this kid. It's a very sad story.

Its not sad, he is a selfish moron. Garlett was given countless opportunities to make a success of himself, opportunities that blokes from similar rough backgrounds would dream off getting.
I would say a sad story is the thousands of indigenous boys who just get left to waste away on drugs and alcohol and no one gives two hoots about them. Dayle spat in the face of all those people that spent time and money on him, unfortunately this is where it has lead him. I hope he can get himself back together because everyone deserves a second chance, although in Dayles instance it will be about his 59th chance.
people and cubs only helped him for selfish reasons too. they thought they could get a guy that can help the club performance wise, the fact that he was given a bit of help was secondary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back