Oppo Camp Dangerfield's Gone (Zero tolerance to trolling) - READ THREAD LINKED IN OP BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

So would Danger go to the national draft or pre season draft? Because why wouldn't they just give up pick 9 to trade for him if they would have to use it to draft him anyway

its one tactic.

nominate 1 year only, only on minimum wage, and challenge people to use a ND pick in the range 1-8 which will cost a lot more to take a punt than the PSD.

in the PSD he has no chance of getting to Geelong, NONE.

in the ND his chances are definitely better. but better is not the same as certain. if PD tries that tactic and it backfires, he's ****ed.

McCarthy didn't want to leave Melbourne, ends up at Port, Stevens wanted Collingwood and ended up in the VF...... err Carlton. Not saying it happens often because it doesn't, but given the reported size of his contract it won't scare clubs off.
People still quoting Stevens as evidence does nothing to convince me it will happen. It was what, 12 years ago?

People still quoting Stevens as evidence does nothing to convince me it will happen. It was what, 12 years ago?
As I said it doesn't happen often but he's not pricing himself away from other clubs and Melbourne isn't as far from Geelong as Adelaide is.

Anyone that thinks Dangerfielf has the afc's best interest at heart are kidding themselves. He knows full well that if we only get pick 14 we are getting royally screwed.

I'm all for sacrificing pick 14 and watching him sweat it out in the pre-season draft if Geelong aren't prepared to do a reasonable trade. He's made us squirm for close to 12 months. The least we can do is return the favour for a few weeks.

I believe this entirely BTW

Geelong have to have a point where they walk away, and where does that leave PD? it is possible he has overplayed his hand, after all its not unlike him to just expect everyone to lay down for him.
I was told earlier in the year that he and his management were putting unreasonable demands on the club, seems as though this was the case.

I've known Dangerfield was leaving for a while now, you can check my posts from the past to confirm this (if that's something that takes your fancy) and the five stages of grief we are going through is very slow.

So a lot of us were in denial that he'd leave, stage 1, until the club came out and confirmed the rumors last Wednesday publicly and then we all got angry, stage 2, then as the days ticked over, more of us moved on to step 3, bargaining, or more accurately, defining a deal that we could get in return. Some have moved into the depression stage and some have moved into the acceptance stage, but we are spread out quite a bit, there's still people stuck in the anger stage, don't get these people mixed up with those in the depression stage, although, I know it can be hard to define between the two in this instance.

Which stage of grief are you at with Dangerfield? I'm only asking this for a bit of fun, the five stages of grief are only accurate for those with terminal conditions, so we aren't really going through these five stages.
All depends on what we get and his influence on that.

This is where something like pick 9 and a player like Murdoch gets this deal done

The other interesting thing wells said was he likes to not waste time and it suits both parties to get this deal done at start of trade week as they both have plenty of other deals to work on thereafter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Problem is we desperately need to replace him and pick 14 would likely be traded somewhere.

I don't like it but I reckon we will be screwed.

What we desperately need to do is fix the culture of our club.

I'd like to think we've made massive steps forward this year.

But folding like cowards and accepting compo would mean it all was a mirage.

This is where something like pick 9 and a player like Murdoch gets this deal done

The other interesting thing wells said was he likes to not waste time and it suits both parties to get this deal done at start of trade week as they both have plenty of other deals to work on thereafter
Exactly. They replace Murdoch with Dangerfield and only trade out 1 pick. Its not ideal for us but depending on what we do with said 1st rounders it does soften the hurt.

Pressure on Jordan would be large though IMO.

its one tactic.

nominate 1 year only, only on minimum wage, and challenge people to use a ND pick in the range 1-8 which will cost a lot more to take a punt than the PSD.

in the PSD he has no chance of getting to Geelong, NONE.

in the ND his chances are definitely better. but better is not the same as certain. if PD tries that tactic and it backfires, he's stuffed.

He has to nominate 2 years at a minimum so it doesn't work quite as well.

Melbourne take him in a heartbeat if he's there in the ND and I'm not sure that someone else doesn't bite sooner

Not much incentive for a club to do it either though.

What?

One of the most valuable assets in the AFL for free??

My god, just let him have a year off in Moggs. Even if he never plays a game for you, you've turned a worthless PSD pick into two firsts in a much better draft.

Pick 9 and only Murdich is a big win for Geelong.
Would you take that or the compo ?? IMO if we traded 14 for Redden that makes Redden and Murdoch for Dangerfield plus a first round upgrade. Decent result although by no means fair.

What?

One of the most valuable assets in the AFL for free??

My god, just let him have a year off in Moggs. Even if he never plays a game for you, you've turned a worthless PSD pick into two firsts in a much better draft.
Again, which club will have the balls to do it. Keep poor little Patty away from his family for 12 months all to pick up a better pick in next years draft. How mean and nasty.

I cant see a club doing it.

Perhaps the cats should have thought about the consequences of chasing Dangerfield before they did...

Seriously, did they really delude themselves ny listening to the Victorian media that we would just rollover for compensation.

Wells, it's not our problem you have an aging list & picked a stupid strategy to prevent an easier rebuild.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back