Mega Thread Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

haha Houston. Ford will be stoked! :D

Dan The Man Houston PI ftw :D

Really just went best available, no left fielders. A bit of upside in all of them, most you can hope for.

No ruck, ballsy or crazy.

Possibly we want Frampton to get as much ruck exposure as possible?
Do still find it a tad odd that he really has no ruck backup in the SANFL at all. Maybe Howard can give a bit of a chopout?

I'm absolutely stumped as to why Tahana wasn't picked up.

Yeah its a bit of a surprise. Maybe a lack of urgency in his game. Poor fitness (one of the worst tested in the beep test). He's the sort of guy I see going next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possibly we want Frampton to get as much ruck exposure as possible?
Do still find it a tad odd that he really has no ruck backup in the SANFL at all. Maybe Howard can give a bit of a chopout?
The maggies will have to list a ruck amongst their 15 man roster. They'll be ok, it's more the AFL side I worry about. We have gone into a season with 3 ruckmen before and as a result 2014 ended up all hinging on a fit Lobbe. Had we lost him we would've been screwed. We're now going into a season with only 2 ready to go ruckmen. That's a BIG gamble.

I tend to agree with the sentiments that a back up ruck should've been used on one of our rookie spots. However, whilst we only have 3 genuine ruckman on our list we have an abundance of tall players who can pinch hit in the ruck if sh!t was to hit the fan. Dixon, Trengove, Westhoff, etc.

The maggies will have to list a ruck amongst their 15 man roster.

We already have done so

Eight Magpies sign for 2016

Captain, Steven Summerton, led the charge signing up for his 11th season of league football at Alberton.

Joining Summerton in signing on for 2016 is Louis Sharrad, Tom Gray, Sid Masters, Jonathon Ross, Robbie Young, Luke Reynolds and academy product Tom Corcoran.

Eight Magpies sign for 2016

But I was keen on a ruckman on our Rookie List.

How many SA under 18 captains do we have on our list now? Snelling, Wingard, Hartlett, Ebert are there any others?

Well they all look ok to me. Snelling's height doesn't look like it has much of a negative impact on his game, and Houston seems to do it effortlessly against defenders in his highlights.

The draft is kinda boring these days, I miss when we used to pick s**t players like The Cougar.

Needed to rookie a developing ruckmen. Disappointing we didnt especially given CAS ruling wont happen until late January at best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back