List Mgmt. The KPP thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Is he a better forward prospect than Tabs? By the sounds of it he finds his way around the footy field better..

He certainly isn't afraid of the heavy stuff. Big strong build as well. He's not A grade but he has improved a hell of a lot. I've never been a fan but he is winning me over . Surprised in the last quarter with his rucking against a pretty strong Claremont ruck.

Tanner Smith always looked like a typical Kpp. They usually take a good 3-4 years to fond out of they are good
He is more a forward/ ruck than a back.

Last edited:
Tanner Smith always looked like a typical Kpp. They usually take a good 3-4 years to fond out of they are good

And to be fair, we still don't know. A couple of good games of WAFL after 4 years on an AFL list is hardly impressive stuff. Especially when he's mixed those games in between some fairly bog ordinary one's. Let's see if he can string a few games like Saturday's together.

And to be fair, we still don't know. A couple of good games of WAFL after 4 years on an AFL list is hardly impressive stuff. Especially when he's mixed those games in between some fairly bog ordinary one's. Let's see if he can string a few games like Saturday's together.
If Yarran playing against perth uebergang need to move back and mora move to wing.

GilG
Are you involved in this at all? Anyone know if Freo sent a representative?

Hey! I was there for all three days. Freo didn't send a representative — only Richmond and North were there. I'm writing a story about the Combine for the AFL Record, which will be published in a few weeks' time. I can tell you the five athletes of the 18 I found most impressive: Stanislas Heili, Omari Gudul, Shane Henry, Brandon Nazione and Daniel Joseph "Woody" Quinn. Only Quinn wouldn't be a ruckman, because he's undersized, but could be converted to a back six position, a la American recruit Brandon Kaufman, with Gold Coast. Heili (France) and Gudul (Democratic Republic of Congo) aren't American, but attend American universities.

Asides from S Hurley, have we ever tapped into this pool to find another international rookie?

Would be disappointing if we haven't explored it further...yes skills need to be taught but having great athleticism is a good start...

Hey! I was there for all three days. Freo didn't send a representative — only Richmond and North were there. I'm writing a story about the Combine for the AFL Record, which will be published in a few weeks' time. I can tell you the five athletes of the 18 I found most impressive: Stanislas Heili, Omari Gudul, Shane Henry, Brandon Nazione and Daniel Joseph "Woody" Quinn. Only Quinn wouldn't be a ruckman, because he's undersized, but could be converted to a back six position, a la American recruit Brandon Kaufman, with Gold Coast. Heili (France) and Gudul (Democratic Republic of Congo) aren't American, but attend American universities.

If we didn't pay all that money to the WAFC each year we could afford to relocate and pay an international rookie more often.

Freo were interested in Mason Cox and made a bid, but really had no chance against Collingwood — and neither, really, did the other Victorian clubs. Collingwood were determined to get him. Plus, on Mason's very limited recruiting time in Australia, he didn't have the time to travel to the other side of Australia for a trial with another club.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tanner Smith looks to be in the gun for an upgrade to the senior list. Improving all the time and can play a key role at both ends of the ground. Plenty of room on the LTI list now for Mora and Tanner upgrades.
Amazing how a player can go from a delist certainty a few weeks ago to potentially playing. Just shows KPPs can take time until it all clicks. Hopefully it has clicked for him.
I'm hoping he gets a game for freo this week.

Freo were interested in Mason Cox and made a bid, but really had no chance against Collingwood — and neither, really, did the other Victorian clubs. Collingwood were determined to get him. Plus, on Mason's very limited recruiting time in Australia, he didn't have the time to travel to the other side of Australia for a trial with another club.

With some many gridiron and basketball college players, do you think that the AFL is really serious about recruiting Americans?

Also, what advice would give our recruiters about recruiting in the States?

I reckon apeness would be chomping at the bit to get out and prove his form with Peel. He's got an opportunity to lock a spot in the starting 22 that not many other kpf's coming off so few a games would get at other clubs.
Fair to say his performances are going to be scrutinized by fans and coaches alike in the coming weeks.
I for one am prompted to risk my sanity and take my 2 yr old to the game Saturday if he's named to play

Hi Gil G ,
I noticed that Khaliq Spicer seamed to be the all round standout in the testing what do you think his chances are like .Should Fremantle be interested in getting him over .

Wandered down to Freo today and watched Peel. Apeness looks like something we can be excited about. He needs match conditioning for sure as he faded in and out, but damn he has a contested mark on him. He took at least 3 solid contested marks (including one after a long lead up the wing). He moves well inside the fwd 50 and kicked a couple of good goals.

Not sure how long match committee will keep him at Peel but am excited about seeing him in purple!!

Wandered down to Freo today and watched Peel. Apeness looks like something we can be excited about. He needs match conditioning for sure as he faded in and out, but damn he has a contested mark on him. He took at least 3 solid contested marks (including one after a long lead up the wing). He moves well inside the fwd 50 and kicked a couple of good goals.

Not sure how long match committee will keep him at Peel but am excited about seeing him in purple!!
So there's hope after all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back