2016 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Cont. in Part 2 (link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez our game against Brisbane is going to be ugly. They concede like 120 points a game..

I think it has the potential to get really, really ugly. They lost at home to Freo by 80+ points.

Now even if we lose to Geelong, we'll likely still beat Essendon at home. So Brisbane will play the best attack in the comp away from home with us either being on a 10 game winning streak, or having won 9 of our last 10 games.

Brisbane would have potentially lost their last 14 games at that point (or 13 of their last 14 if they beat Essendon) and have the worst defence in the competition.

Their defence is so bad that they could hold their opponents scoreless in the next 2 rounds and they would still have the worst defence in the competition. That's how bad their defence is, even compared to the second worst defence in the competition.

Anything less than a 10 goal win would be seriously underachieving and a 20 goal win would certainly not be impossible.

Anyone who is solely desiring AFC success, would've wanted port to win against hawthorn.

I always view Port games as a win/win when it comes to those circumstances. If Port lose when we wanted them to win well they lost so I am still happy. The reality is the AFC need to make their own luck and win games of footy against quality opposition. If the Crows have to rely on other teams winning and losing against other teams to gain an advantage because we lose key matches then we aren't fit for premiership success. Hawthorn are the great example of getting the job done against good opposition when it counts. So yeah, watching Port lose every week is a joy I like to have as I don't give a f&*k about other teams win loss, its the Crows that need to do the job and worry about themselves.

Mod Comment
Can people please stop publicly bagging moderators from other boards? If you have a problem with decisions that have been made then take it up with them. If that is a dead end and you genuinely believe you have been wronged then you can take your grievance direct to the main BigFooty moderators.

If you just want to blow off a bit of steam about something then start a PM exchange with other Crows posters who frequent the same boards as you.

Are we allowed to bag moderators from this board? (Semi serious question)

Didn't really want an avalanche of queries

The cry-baby posts on here whinging about the Port Board Mods are among the most tedious on BigFooty, second only to people posting about bets they've made.

They're also off-topic and also against site rules.

I've explained the situation.

No, as Carl said it's in the rules fairly clearly. If you have feedback you can PM us though.

The Commandments of BigFooty
Breaking these rules can lead to anything from a warning with no other consequences, a ban from a single thread, a single board or a temporary or permanent suspension of your account.

If you are not sure of a rule, please ask.

These rules are very flexible... in our favour. Don't invent new and interesting ways to get around them. If we think you are messing with the site, its users, their threads or moderators your account will be banned or suspended.

AFL Board: We like to keep it a bit more straight-laced on the main AFL board so everyone can have a go. Trolling and flame-baiting is treated less kindly by mods on this board.

Bay 13: This board is for general trolling and good-natured banter with other footy supporters. Enjoy yourself but you can still get pulled up if you go over the top. Lots of memes and local etiquette to get your head around. Don't take anything seriously.

1. Don't be a pest.
    • Remember these are real people you are talking to. Don't bait or provoke negative responses.
    • Likewise, don't feed trolls. Report posts instead of taking the bait.
    • Don't create new sock-puppet user accounts just to back yourself up in an argument or bully other people.
    • Publicly complaining about, ranting over and criticising moderators and their actions is not accepted. Take it up with the moderator privately, then with Admins if you still have a problem. Contact Admins on this form or via email directly.

Yes that's encouraged (especially Allefgib).

No, not really. You're not meant to criticise moderators publicly. Check the site rules if unsure.

When we drafted him, he told the club that he wanted to stay in Victoria to finish Year 12.

The club accommodated his wish and allowed him to stay in Victoria in 2008 and play in the TAC with Geelong. He played a couple of games late in the season that were in Victoria, but he didn't really become an Adelaide player until 2009
So he played 3 years of TAC cup. Not many people would know or remember that he played tac cup his first season with the crows. That'd be a league first.

Pre-2007 Draft

Dangerfield: "A few interstate clubs are dead keen on me. How can I make sure none of them draft me so I can stay in Victoria?"

Dad: "Just say you want to complete Year 12 first, that you need to stay home to do it, and won't even live in the city of the club for your whole first year".

Mum: "Yeah, no one from interstate will have a bar of that. Surely that's a big hint that you'll just come home in your prime anyway."

Dangerfield: "Good idea! Even better than Cyril's idea! Now where's those Easter eggs?"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pre-2007 Draft

Dangerfield: "A few interstate clubs are dead keen on me. How can I make sure none of them draft me so I can stay in Victoria?"

Dad: "Just say you want to complete Year 12 first, that you need to stay home to do it, and won't even live in the city of the club for your whole first year".

Mum: "Yeah, no one from interstate will have a bar of that. Surely that's a big hint that you'll just come home in your prime anyway."

Dangerfield: "Good idea! Even better than Cyril's idea! Now where's those Easter eggs?"
And yet Rendell swore black and blue he was a 200 gamer for us, guaranteed no flight risk.....good one:rolleyes:

Pre-2007 Draft

Wrong.

More like, "good idea...now bitty mommy".

For what its worth this a lot why that fat **** Costa was so disingenuous.

Gave us 8 years of good service?

Spare me. If there's ever a bloke who took more from a football club than gave he's close
Bugger the politically correct BS that some on this board expect us to follow. After what we went through last year Dangerfield is a dog of the lowest order for abandoning his club and "mates".

And yet Rendell swore black and blue he was a 200 gamer for us, guaranteed no flight risk.....good one:rolleyes:

In all fairness I don't think Patty ever wanted to leave and I still think he wants to be here. He went home because his missus was moving back home regardless and so he chose family. Patty is a loyal bloke and its not like he took the first contract back to Victoria after he was drafted.

^^you give him way too much credit especially when you consider he seemed to relish in trolling the club and supporterbase on social media.

I wouldn't want my son looking at P Dangerfield as a role model. Great footballer, s**t human being.

^^you give him way too much credit especially when you consider he seemed to relish in trolling the club and supporterbase on social media.

I wouldn't want my son looking at P Dangerfield as a role model. Great footballer, s**t human being.

I agree and I have said as much. I think he left at the wrong time when the club needed him. Anyways we are 2nd, lets stop the Danger debate before it takes over.

In all fairness I don't think Patty ever wanted to leave and I still think he wants to be here. He went home because his missus was moving back home regardless and so he chose family. Patty is a loyal bloke and its not like he took the first contract back to Victoria after he was drafted.
That's fine - but it shouldn't have been rocket science to work out it was going to end up that way.

Everything I have seen of Dangerfield since he has gone home suggests this as well. I honestly think that if they were not together and he had an Adelaide girlfriend that he would played his career here.

I suspect that if we ever happen to win a flag or make a GF and Geelong doesn't that the day will come at some point in the future where he will wonder whether he made the right decision or not.

It's a pity we had those two crappy draft sanction/Sanderson years at a time when we should have been contending.

If we'd had more success in those years I wonder if the lure of family would have been so overpowering?

Yes that's encouraged (especially Allefgib).

No, not really. You're not meant to criticise moderators publicly. Check the site rules if unsure.
I only criticise you privately to good mates and family. None of them know about big footy so I think they think that I think david Mackay has a drug problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back