Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wallis will be out for the best part of 2 years, previously the same type of injuries are a long time on the side lines.
Leg completely broken.
Very reminiscent of Cisses broken leg when playing for Liverpool against West Ham in the FA cup final a few years back. Only diff someone else kicked the back of his leg. How the * do you break your own leg like that?? Crazy. Wouldn't wish that pan upon anyone. ******* horrible pain.

I seem to recall Fletcher fracturing his leg in almost the exact same way a few years back too. Even then I wondered how is that even possible, but s**t that had nothing on this one

Is Jack Steven a chance for the brownlow?

5 games where he has dominated, another 5 he could poll in. The small man has polled votes in losses so has a history of attracting the umpires attention.

A definite chance. Have him in my top 3.

Nice to see Richmond's goal-kicking accuracy drop by more than 50% compared to last week!!!

Look, I get that Hawthorn are probably going to cause tougher shots on goal for the opposition, but that is just a ridiculous number, especially when conditions are quite benign, as they were last week.

dwayne russell gets a lot of s**t, and deservedly so, but the absolute worst thing about him, and the worst thing any play by play commentator can do, is making your opinions sound like facts. he did it earlier in this quarter when describing a Steve Johnson play, where SJ was 2 on 1 and he was trying to either win the ball or hold up play until another GWS player came along, and instead Russell accused him of playing for a free kick, which is totally not how it looked to me, and he made it sound like it was the obvious thing in the world, that there was no doubt whatsoever that he was trying to do that. he just did it again when following a tackle, he screamed something to the affect of "HE'S POPPED IT AGAIN" in relation to Impey's shoulder. Literally seconds later it was something like "he's ok"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dwayne russell gets a lot of s**t, and deservedly so, but the absolute worst thing about him, and the worst thing any play by play commentator can do, is making your opinions sound like facts. he did it earlier in this quarter when describing a Steve Johnson play, where SJ was 2 on 1 and he was trying to either win the ball or hold up play until another GWS player came along, and instead Russell accused him of playing for a free kick, which is totally not how it looked to me, and he made it sound like it was the obvious thing in the world, that there was no doubt whatsoever that he was trying to do that. he just did it again when following a tackle, he screamed something to the affect of "HE'S POPPED IT AGAIN" in relation to Impey's shoulder. Literally seconds later it was something like "he's ok"

Derwayne is a gibbering idiot. Verbal diarrhoea.

Gees Richmond are horrible to watch. Instinct is to go sideways & short at every opportunity & their biggest culprits are Cotchin & Martin.
they have no structure and really haven't for so long.
they need to seriously rebuild that list over the next 2-3 years with the super drafts in front of them
If it costs you Cotchin, Rance, Deledio, Riewoldt, hell even Martin. they need to do it.
load up on as many first round picks as you can. very few lists in the AFL as bad as theirs.

they have no structure and really haven't for so long.
they need to seriously rebuild that list over the next 2-3 years with the super drafts in front of them
If it costs you Cotchin, Rance, Deledio, Riewoldt, hell even Martin. they need to do it.
load up on as many first round picks as you can. very few lists in the AFL as bad as theirs.

Dimma's gotta go though. I don't even think he knows what way he's trying to coach the group anymore. Just a disorganised rabble are the tiges

Jimmy Bartel has never won a B&F in his career. I just found out from a Geelong-supporting workmate of mine.

For a guy with one of the most impressive CV's in the game's history, that is staggering.

Jimmy Bartel has never won a B&F in his career. I just found out from a Geelong-supporting workmate of mine.

For a guy with one of the most impressive CV's in the game's history, that is staggering.

Tim Watson was quite the opposite. Won pretty much everything and should have had a brownlow.

Last edited:

He was in his peak when they were getting 8-10 all Australians a year..

Very good player but a bit overrated, his numbers are very similar to Stantons who is regarded as a spud by most supporters. Would be interesting to see how they would be rated if Bartel played for us the whole time and Stanton played for the Cats.

Very good player but a bit overrated, his numbers are very similar to Stantons who is regarded as a spud by most supporters. Would be interesting to see how they would be rated if Bartel played for us the whole time and Stanton played for the Cats.
Has a much bigger presence down back and up forward where he intercepts marks and kicks goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back