Review Geelong d Bulldogs by 25 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok......for the first time ever, I'm drifting to the dark side and beginning to question Blicavs position.

In fact next week I'd consider Henderson for kolo, caddy for Cowan, Kersten for Blicavs.

Agree except id keep Cowan and drop Guthrie

Scott Selwood, if he plays well tomorrow, will be right in the mix.

Cowan and Menegola will be out before anyone else.

Selwood the other of course. I like Menegola. He's probably one of the first few out but wouldn't mind at all if he stays. Cowan can't go out quick enough for me. Just can't see the appeal that others do.

uLpyW2G.jpg

OUT : J.Bartel [fell flat on his face] ;)

Played much better in the second half

Spent most of the game with his nose up dollhouses clacker, kept him to 50% disposal efficiency.
Managed to get off him more in the second half, I thought he played a solid game.

Stanley was fantastic, its amazing how much depth we have in the running big man stocks.
The utensil showed some nice hands overhead, if he can get his decision making up to afl standard he is going to be a F^&king weapon.
Danger brilliant, Selwood tried hard but didn't get much space.
Hawkins also decent again, it makes a big difference when him and Motlop are doing there thing properly.

Did anyone else notice when Motlop got tackled in forward pocket and ended up lying on the ground watching the ball for like 5 seconds?
If he wasn't injured or winded that's super soft, but that was the only time i thought he work rate was questionable this game so ill reserve judgement.

Also, Ruggles played another solid game. Starting to show some regular run and carry as well as acting like a mini hulk. Can see him being a long term fixture in the back line :)

Betting line was 23.5 points.

Dogs lost two of their better midfielders during the game and yet, that betting line was almost spot on.
It's freakish how accurate they can get it on nearly all occasions.

As for the game, lol get physical with us and you see which players go missing. Will be the same old story in finals :)

Bobby, why don't you just follow a different club and save us pain

It's amazing how hindsight throws egg on faces.

Give me Christensen for week 1 of finals everyday of the week over Stanley thanks.

Forget tonight's out the box performance, Stanley's been ordinary this year and anyone who says differently is just a typically one-eyed Geelong supporter.
Christensen will be there when the heat is applied in a final. Stanley will not and not only that, Blicavs' career is now sliding away because of Stanley in the team so we have a situation at seasons end where Richmond have offered Stanley 550k and he walks while Blicavs is back to square one all over again.

Stanley awesome, Danger just Danger and must say gee wiz the Dogs are fighters. Blitz unfortunately should make way for Caddy, gonna be a massive battle for spots now.

Agree except id keep Cowan and drop Guthrie

I tend to agree off the back of this game. Guthrie looked scared around the ball, often second to it. Disposal and effort lacking in first half, didn't do much thereafter either.

Cowan seemed to find space a lot. Got his hands on it and generally had good efficiency. Mad tackles too, ones that stick not the weak armed ones of Guthrie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Betting line was 23.5 points.

Dogs lost two of their better midfielders during the game and yet, that betting line was almost spot on.
It's freakish how accurate they can get it on nearly all occasions.

As for the game, lol get physical with us and you see which players go missing. Will be the same old story in finals :)
Have a spell Bobby ffs

The Dogs are better than the Crows. Unlike the Crows, When it gets tough the Dogs grit their teeth and roll their sleeves up. They had us on the run make no mistake. We got lucky a bit with Libba and to a lesser extent MCRae but we've had finals series with a Swiss cheese team and got no love for losing.

Stanley and Smith were huge. Stanley at CHF means Mitch Clark is gone. smith gets better each week. I thought Cowan was ok with his ball use even though everyone said he was putrid, reckon he's worth persevering with for a few weeks. The return to form by Motlop and Hawkins is crucial. Motlop is the X factor of this team and when he is on so us Geelong.

I reckon Blics needs a rest. He's not marking the ball and is down on confidence. So if we go big Kerstens who was stiff to miss or if we go smaller Lang looks the go. Guthrie is also a worry but he lifted in the second half, particularly the third. But perhaps he could be managed for Caddy. Good problem to have.

I thought Menengola improved as the game went on and I thought Ruggles put in a good shift. As for Dangerfield, Enright and Jimmy it was business as usual. A good win in the end with Beardos goal the icing on a pretty sweet cake.

Give me Christensen for week 1 of finals everyday of the week over Stanley thanks.

Forget tonight's out the box performance, Stanley's been ordinary this year and anyone who says differently is just a typically one-eyed Geelong supporter.
Christensen will be there when the heat is applied in a final. Stanley will not and not only that, Blicavs' career is now sliding away because of Stanley in the team so we have a situation at seasons end where Richmond have offered Stanley 550k and he walks while Blicavs is back to square one all over again.

image.jpeg

So much flat out wrong with your post I can't even start to correct you.

You're kidding me? Guthrie is out of form but still 5 times the player that Cowan is. Guthrie will come back into form soon. Just needs to be settled down back :)

Did you actually watch the game tonight, he was atrocious, at least Cowan trys hard.

Stanley plays finals this year for us then leaves for a s**t heap like Tigers? Yeah nah.

Much better second half from all of Guthrie, Blicavs and Menegola which translated in far more clean ball from the centre. We were always too good for them up forward with enough opportunity, and that made a huge difference. Very encouraging to see them turn it around after a poor first half.

Gonna give another shout out to Motlop. I've been pretty critical of him this year, but he was excellent tonight and it wasn't just his goals - his pressure, chasing and tackling was first class.

Solid game throughout by Duncan, especially in the third where he was pivotal in giving us the momentum.

These second tier mids are the key to our chances this year, and it's no coincidence that when they play well, so too does the team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back