All Australian Team 2016

Which player is the most stiff to miss the AA squad?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there a reason why Rance and Talia can't both make the All-Australian team? There's no hard and fast rule that says you can't just slot one of them into a back pocket or at CHB on the team sheet, is there? I mean, there's been worse positional changes in selection over the years (eg. selecting Alistair Lynch at Full Back in 1993, in a year he kicked 68 goals). They're both deserving of selection, so I don't think nominally putting one of them "out of position" is going to make that much difference.

Is there a reason why Rance and Talia can't both make the All-Australian team? There's no hard and fast rule that says you can't just slot one of them into a back pocket or at CHB on the team sheet, is there? I mean, there's been worse positional changes in selection over the years (eg. selecting Alistair Lynch at Full Back in 1993, in a year he kicked 68 goals). They're both deserving of selection, so I don't think nominally putting one of them "out of position" is going to make that much difference.
And pavlich getting selected at FB over Mal Michael one year was one of the most bizarre selections I've seen

We should have four AA's this year. Talia, Laird, Betts and Sloane. Would be very surprised if any one of them (bar possibly Laird) miss out.

Doubt anyone else from our lot even makes the squad.

And pavlich getting selected at FB over Mal Michael one year was one of the most bizarre selections I've seen

Well even if he wasn't the best, at least he actually played in defense that year (2002).

Really, I don't think it would matter if one of Rance or Talia got put in the back pocket or at CHB to accomodate the other. As long as both get their due by actually getting selected, I think that's all that matters.

We should have four AA's this year. Talia, Laird, Betts and Sloane. Would be very surprised if any one of them (bar possibly Laird) miss out.

Doubt anyone else from our lot even makes the squad.
Laird is more of a chance than Talia in my eyes. Has to be in.
If not the AFL hate short people.
They may have a one Rory rule tho.

Uhhh you know, they might allow it. :D:D
lm44ao.jpg

But yeh Rance intercepts and rebounds enough that he could be played at CHB in a real team.

Laird is more of a chance than Talia in my eyes. Has to be in.
If not the AFL hate short people.
They may have a one Rory rule tho.
I reckon the missed games hurt him a little. IMO it shouldn't, but who knows what the AA panel will think.

Talia has been just as good as Rance this season. Where's his plaudits? He had 9 intercept marks and 13 score involvements on the weekend, I'd like to see Rance get those stats. Should at least be a lock for the team.

And before you say it remember Richmond played Brisbane as well.
Whats the issue having one at FB one at CHB? Would anyone care. These days KPDs dont have the same positions they used to, I dont think it matters which of the two you put where, and there would be room for another KPD in the back pocket too.

If Tails doesn't get an AA nod this year, I'll be writing an angry letter..

abe-simpson-typewriter.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats the issue having one at FB one at CHB? Would anyone care. These days KPDs dont have the same positions they used to, I dont think it matters which of the two you put where, and there would be room for another KPD in the back pocket too.
I think in rhe modern game rhe positions are redundant, and there is definitelt room for two tall defenders. Also they are the right choices

B: D. Rampe (Syd) - M. Talia (Ade) - H. Shaw (GWS)
HB: S. Docherty (Carl) - A. Rance (Rich) - D. Morris (WBD)
C: J. Steven (StK) - R. Sloane (Ade) - M. Bontempelli (WBD)
HF: D. Martin (Rich) - T. Lynch (GC) - T. Lynch (Ade)
F: E. Betts (Ade) - L. Franklin (Syd) - C. Rioli (Haw)
R: M. Gawn (Melb) - P. Dangerfield (Gee) - J. P. Kennedy (Syd)
I: S. Pendlebury (Coll) - R. Gray (Port) - S. Mitchell (Haw) - D. Shiel (GWS)

Back