List Mgmt. Ty Vickery - Tigers decided not to match the deal. Richmond receives Pick 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree 100%.. it's a culture issue at Richmond... the supporter expectation is high but that does not align within the club I feel..

I guess it sounds silly as I am sure the club are wanting to achieve the best but sometimes old habits die hard

Yes I agree with that. Supporters expectation has played a large role in this however with this current administration over the past 7 years we have been very well behaved and tolerant so they dont get to play that card as much as the predecessors!

He'll do alright at another club and some of you will find a way to blame this on the club :p
I agree. The guys got plenty of talent and could be an absolute gun, but for whatever reason is not happening at Richmond.
I want him gone but I reckon hell surprise a few wherever he ends up.

Last edited:
I agree. The guys got plenty of talent and could be an absolute gun, but for whatever reason is not happening at Richmond.
I want him gone but I reckon hell sheepishly a few wherever he ends up.
Like Shultz did. At least Shultz had a crack, wasn't very good at it but had a crack. Ty on the other hand could be good if he wanted to have a rack. Best of luck to him and I will cheer every time he lines up on Rance
There's two things imo that stop Vickery from doing well

1. he's a lazy * (can be fixed at another club possibly)
2. our current gameplan shits on our tall forwards (lolwick)

1. he's a lazy **** (can be fixed at another club possibly)
Yeah everyone can see it. He is a product of a player being gifted games from day one, doesn't appreciate what he has had, will be working his butt off at Hawforn I can tell you.

He'll do alright at another club and some of you will find a way to blame this on the club :p

NOT I. I suspect he'll come good. Either that or it will go horribly wrong the other way and he'll be out on his ear in two years. But I suspect he'll dish up a lot more elsewhere, especially if he lands at a Hawthorn. But he's run his race here - the will is not longer there and quite honestly, the only real reason we are even discussing this is, we don't have the people or skill set to turn it around. The kid gloves treatment is largely what has stifled him.

1. he's a lazy **** (can be fixed at another club possibly)

I know people will calll 'bulls**t' straight away because Matthew Llloyd said it - and that's how a lot of Tigers people are - unable to take constructive criticism. But he called it last night, Hardwick coaches nothing like the uncompromising, ruthless, hard-nosed p****k he was as a player. I was in management at work for 13 years and seriously loathed and feared having to discipline staff. I was fair, easy-going and considered myslef just one of the team, but at times, as much as you hated it, you had to be firm nd take action. I didn't sleep at all the night before having to do it, but it had to be done. there were time you couldn't be their friend. At least as an outsider, it doesn't look like Hardwick has that in him either. His defences of certain players, including Ty, have been at the very least bizarre and bewildering. I mean 'important to our structure and a matchwinner', surely he sees a guy wh is battling big time. And sadly others will go the same way, if not already like BEllis, who seems untouchable.

He won't do a jay Schulz. That bloke was always as brave and tough as they come and had good footy nous but just didn't put it together. You could see he wanted to though.
I don't think Ty is soft but he just doesn't seem to have the same hunger and desire as Schulz.
Reckon if he goes to Hawthorn he will play a few games here and there and just fade away to retirement.

Ok guys I'll admit I've never rated this guy. With links to us now I understand why we maybe chasing a guy like him as we are lacking in the KPF/Ruck stakes with Roughy out and now Ceglar going down.

Will he be an absolute potato if he comes over or does he have some talent but doesn't work hard enough?

Is it a case of both Richmond and Vickery needing to part ways? Or are you guys happy to see the back of him?

So many questions haha. Cheers to anyone who can give me some proper supporter info on him

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Ok guys I'll admit I've never rated this guy. With links to us now I understand why we maybe chasing a guy like him as we are lacking in the KPF/Ruck stakes with Roughy out and now Ceglar going down.

Will he be an absolute potato if he comes over or does he have some talent but doesn't work hard enough?

Is it a case of both Richmond and Vickery needing to part ways? Or are you guys happy to see the back of him?

So many questions haha. Cheers to anyone who can give me some proper supporter info on him

Hawthorn are Hawthorn because they come with non negotiables.
That's not Ty's long suit.
I reckon he will be chewed up and spat out before he knows what's hit him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually rate Ty. His best is very good, and 200cm goal kickers who are still only 26 don't grow on trees. At the same time I don't think he works hard enough and is extremely inconsistent. Fresh start may do him good.

His defences of certain players, including Ty, have been at the very least bizarre and bewildering. I mean 'important to our structure and a matchwinner', surely he sees a guy wh is battling big time.

Publicly he backs his players to the hilt, that's a +
Don't know what he is like behind closed doors
Has his favourites- tho ty has actually had stints in the vfl so he's not as favourite as some/

You have 149 pages of reading to make up your mind.

The RFC reminds me of that big fat hen we had on our Gippsland farm.
It would sit there on 26 eggs hoping they would all hatch.Now bc she was such a poor Mum about 5 chickens would come out of it.
Now instead of caring about the good ones she would still sit on the rotten eggs expecting them to come good.
We have done this endlessly for over 30 years with blokes like Ty Sheds now Conca Ellis Houli Grigg and then we do it with guys like Moore Azza Townsend and DFA Hunt(gets 2 years after being a former DFA.WHY)?
Blokes just get put on the pay roll on a game or two where they demonstrated some moment of brilliance,but the club neglects the long term concept-
Is improvement going to be enough to take us to the next level? Before you know it,we have a nest full of mostly rotten eggs.Rinse and repeat.

To me the classic case where a player was put to the test was Wayne Campbell where he tried to bluff us into a higher salary deal by threatening to leave.When he put himself up on this inflated figure he had no suitors.So Campo came back with his tail bw his nuts and became a better person and player for it.
Sheds TV and a lot of these blokes needed to be put to this sort of test to really see what their market value is.Instead the club has to fill its 10mil cap with 5 stars ,some good young kids ,but lots of rotten eggs.The recipe to constant failure.

PS: To posters who may be offended by the names used ,these are fictional and only used to demonstrate my point.
For real names seek the RFC directory compiled over three decades :D

Last edited:
The RFC reminds me of that big fat hen we had on our Gippsland farm.
It would sit there on 26 eggs hoping they would all hatch.Now bc she was such a poor Mum about 5 chickens would come out of it.
Now instead of caring about the good ones she would still sit on the rotten eggs expecting them to come good.
We have done this endlessly for over 30 years with blokes like Ty Sheds now Ellis Houli Grigg and then we do it with guys like Moore Azza Townsend and DFA Hunt(gets 2 years after being a former DFA.WHY)?
Blokes just get put on the pay roll on a game or two where they demonstrated some moment of brilliance,but the club neglects the long term concept-
Is improvement going to be enough to take us to the next level? Before you know it,we have a nest full of mostly rotten eggs.Rinse and repeat.

To me the classic case where a player was put to the test was Wayne Campbell where he tried to bluff us into a higher salary deal by threatening to leave.When he put himself up this inflated figure he had no suitors.So Campo came back with his tail bw his nuts and became a better person and player for it.
Sheds TV and a lot of these blokes needed to be put to this sort of test to really see what their market value is.Instead the club has to fill its 10mil cap with 5 stars ,some good young kids ,but lots of rotten eggs.The recipe to constant failure.

PS: To posters who may be offended by the names used ,these are fictional and only used to demonstrate my point:D
Good drop?

The guy def has talent no doubt but i tell you talent means * all if you dont work hard and Ty definitely doesn't work hard enough hence not reaching his full potential.
Spot on Ty and the club need to part ways and majority of tiger fans would be happy to see the back of him and some of these reasons are Vickery doesn't hit the packs hard, doesn't ruck well seems scared, doesn't get on his bike around the fwd 50 and demand the ball instead hoping to snare a few goals from over the top "joe the goose" and just waving his arms in the air kick it to me, kick it to me...Basically frustrates the s**t out of Tiger fans!

The guy def has talent no doubt but i tell you talent means **** all if you dont work hard and Ty definitely doesn't work hard enough hence not reaching his full potential.
Spot on Ty and the club need to part ways and majority of tiger fans would be happy to see the back of him and some of these reasons are Vickery doesn't hit the packs hard, doesn't ruck well seems scared, doesn't get on his bike around the fwd 50 and demand the ball instead hoping to snare a few goals from over the top "joe the goose" and just waving his arms in the air kick it to me, kick it to me...Basically frustrates the s**t out of Tiger fans!
What a load of crapola. Do you know who you're talking to?
It's Clarko now tell him what you really think;)

Haha appreciate the replies guys. My sister's husband is a Tiges man and he shares the same frustrations as the majority of you guys.

I remember we looked into getting Rance from you guys back when he was young and I remember thinking he's alright but nothing special. My god what a footballer he is now. A joy to watch.

Haha appreciate the replies guys. My sister's husband is a Tiges man and he shares the same frustrations as the majority of you guys.

I remember we looked into getting Rance from you guys back when he was young and I remember thinking he's alright but nothing special. My god what a footballer he is now. A joy to watch.

The truth is Vickery can still be changed/cleansed into a very good footy player. 26 years old, 200cm and some natural skills to start with, but it just should relate to how much time/effort the HFC want to spend on him. He isn't going to get much under the Hardwick regime and the stale club surely would be damaging. But a good coach, successful club, and high standards could be the making of him.

Further to that I'd say the way we play exposes Ty's weaknesses, he isn't a power forward who'll out muscle an opponent or crash a pack. Slow ball movement means he has to win one on one/two contests. If the movement is quick and Ty leads at the ball carrier don't even think Rance could stop him with his 200cm frame.

Unfortunately I think we've also developed him wrong and he spends too much time trying to get out the back and wrestling even when we move the ball quickly.

That all being said he does not work hard enough and dictates where and how he plays a bit too much I.e. He doesn't go into the ruck when he should

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back