2016 trade hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would Sydney want Edwards?
Sydney lack speedy small forwards. The rise of Papley this year has caught us by surprise and is set to cement his spot in the Swans 22 after McGlynn retires (looking likely this year). We have Rose in the NEAFL but too often he goes missing at AFL level so another year in the ressies might get him right but a talent no doubt. Edwards would be a ready made fix for us

Towers does have an upside, he has pace and could be just what Richmond need. He might be feeling uneasy about his constant in and out selection so he'll go looking for opportunities elsewhere. Has been linked to Brisbane but there has been nothing there

Hamish Hartlett & pick 27> Essendon

Pick 19 pick pick 45 jack Trengove or Alex Neal Bullen > Port

Michael Hibberd > Melbourne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We get Hartlett for a nine pick downgrade in the second round. Port will feel the got way unders given he is contracted. Melbourne probably lose as well by a little bit. Way to biased our way. If I were to use those clubs I'd do this -
Essendon In: Hamish Hartlett
Port Adelaide In: Pick 26 + Pick 37
Melbourne In: Michael Hibberd

We are looking for a top 10 pick straight up for Hartlett. If we can't get close to that he'll stay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No team in the league is paying that for a front runner like Hartlett.
That's fine. I'm happy either pick 10 or Hartlett staying (and playing in the middle/half forward instead of half back) at the end of the day.

If Sicily is willing to move interstate:

Hill + Sicily to Freo for Pick 3. Sicily would be a good Mayne replacement as the third medium-tall.

Pick 3 and 18 to GC for Omeara. Possibly a GC pick coming back? (It's hard to know exactly what Omeara would be worth).

If Sicily is willing to move interstate:

Hill + Sicily to Freo for Pick 3. Sicily would be a good Mayne replacement as the third medium-tall.

Pick 3 and 18 to GC for Omeara. Possibly a GC pick coming back? (It's hard to know exactly what Omeara would be worth).

Freo robbed in that one.

Langford and Francis could develop into darling
Rather keep draft pick in a hot first round

GC
Gain-Witts, 2017 Hawthorn first round pick
Lose-O'meara, Pick 40

Pies
Gain-Pick 16, Pick 40
Lose-Witts, pick 25

Hawks
Gain-O'meara, pick 25
Lose-Pick 16, 2017 first round pick