List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 part 2 - see Mod Warning p 281

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lobbe wont have a lot of value, he was pretty horrid for port this year prior to his injury

Will he lead it for the next few coming years? That's what matters. I say no.
Seriously enough of this few years s..t, we have had five years now, I want to look at the next year or two not next f..king five.
With the logic that the anti wells and Harvey crowd have bought to the forum about being to old our best players, pendles and reidy only have a couple of years left!

I'm happy to take Harvey. Just can't see why he would play in for 1-2 more years at another club after playing a league record number of games and have won premierships with one club.

Unless if it was part of a bigger deal that gets him into a player/coaching- full time coaching role at the said club
I've not come across a reason to turn down 300k+ playing a sport you love, work is work :)

I've not come across a reason to turn down 300k+ playing a sport you love, work is work :)

I think Boomer plays if he wants to keep going.
If he has any doubts, then I think he calls it time.

An AFL year is greulling. It is not just about if he wants to play, its about if he wants to put in all the other hard yards that go along with it... And as you get older, that becomes harder and harder to do.

I reckon 80% chance he decides to call it here.
---

As for us - I'd be pretty happy if joins us for a year (definitely not a 2yr deal)... But not if we are also getting Mayne and Wells.

Seriously enough of this few years s..t, we have had five years now, I want to look at the next year or two not next f..king five.
With the logic that the anti wells and Harvey crowd have bought to the forum about being to old our best players, pendles and reidy only have a couple of years left!
If you think we are winning a flag in the next two seasons you're in for a rude shock.

What I'll say out of all of what we are going after it's not enough for us to win a flag that much is clear. We are just passengers again in 2017 and 2018.

It only takes 5% more for 10-12 players on your list to make a huge difference Eagles 2015 Proved this,how many of their players had career best season that year.

You don't rate Darcy Moore ?:$

I'm keen for Mayne and Wells. Not so much Harvey. Not playing wise, just never liked the guy. Looks a real little smartarse.

I understand the angst about depriving youngsters of game time but at the start of 2010, that's what O'Bree, Medhurst and Lockyer did. The youngsters pushed past them which is what we all hope happens. These experienced guys still set the standard back then on the training track and showed how to be a professional with off-field stuff, even when not playing at AFL level. This kind of learning for our youngsters should see longer term gains in being a professional athlete.
Absolutely I rate Darcy.
Our poor delivery is part of Trav's issues, (and all our forwards for that matter) and as you know my post was being a little cheeky.
Agree with your comments re the standards etc and can see the merit in it, provided the terms are right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kaiden Brand is an interesting one. We're entering an era where key forwards are eclipsing 200cm meanwhile guys in the draft like our dream man Logue is only 193cm. Eventually, he may be outsized by his opponents. Investing in bigger units like a 198cm Brand could benefit us more in the long term. I'd explore a move if I were Gubby.

I wouldnt say wells is a hasbeen. Polled well in the brownlow and played pretty well this year. Just depends on his medical really
Yes, Wells is a slightly different kettle of fish but it's the whole direction I have an issue with.

We aren't Geelong or Hawthorn who've topped with the similar age players because they are/were just about to contend.
We aren't GWS whose 18 year old headless chooks needed guidance early on and are now about to contend.

We are the Club that has botched this ludicrous and unnecessary rebuild.
We are the Club that couldn't hold to our own experienced players we had.
We are the Club that is nowhere near a certainty to even make the finals in the next year or two unless we get another quality big forward.
We are the Club that should be fostering our own leaders and not expecting our youngsters to look up to the likes of Mayne..

All we're doing is simply paperwalling over the cracks to achieve a momentary boost in on field performance, off filed revenue that has suffered of late and to create an illusion of salvaging something from the total wreck the succession plan has been.
In the long run it will achieve big fat nothing.

It's also the little things off field as well. E.g. In 2010 Lockyer chipped Sidebottom after gloating to some teammates about a weekend on the piss. Basically, telling him if he wants to become a really good player, these are things he needs to sought out. From reports Siedbottom still likes the party life so perhaps didn't sink right in but I also remember Bucks saying how is was really hard on Steele, possibly harder than on other players, because he sees the ability to become elite. Sidebottoms last 2/3 years have been very good where he is really in our top few players most weeks.

Chri$ Judd also while at Carlton in his first year there, chipped Marc Murphy who was eating a big of chips before training. Said to Murphy " wouldn't it be better to be eating an apple right now?". Perhaps the message is stronger if from a teammate rather than a coach. It's those little things that can help a youngster for his entire career, if they want it bad enough.

To be fair that bag was probably half air half chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back