List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 part 2 - see Mod Warning p 281

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You can't just go out in one off season and replace half a team. You need to build for a flag you can't just plug holes.
Yeah because Wells and Harvey would make up half the team

YEAH kids these days are to entitled as it is.
make them EARN there f*ckin money
I know right... and back 5 years ago when I was a teenager I don't remember older generations feeling the need to whinge and moan about what a no-good hopeless generation we were compared to them and god help us if there's another war, we'd be all speaking German now if it was left to the likes of us and all that.

We can't keep Witts because he doesn't want to stay. So because Grundy has performed at an AA level it means he can't improve? Also where do you think his improvement came from? It was because he was being coached. Bringing in a player who can help coach him further and play if he's injured is a good thing in my eyes. I'd bring in another devolving ruck as well though because Cox is never making it as a ruckman.
you rate Anthony Rocca as a ruck coach then??????.. or are you talking about Rendell.. a guy who played his last game in 1984 or something. Surely you're not suggesting we are paying a ruck coach on the sly? I think Cox will have to add ruck to his game if he wants to survive. Can't see any reason why he couldn't.. being 7 foot and athletic and all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you rate Anthony Rocca as a ruck coach then??????.. or are you talking about Rendell.. a guy who played his last game in 1984 or something. Surely you're not suggesting we are paying a ruck coach on the sly? I think Cox will have to add ruck to his game if he wants to survive. Can't see any reason why he couldn't.. being 7 foot and athletic and all.

If he has improved so much under the coaching of someone who isn't a ruck coach, just imagine how much he'll benefit from somebody who knows the craft.
I'm just not sure Cox has the game sense to play in the ruck.

I think Boomer plays if he wants to keep going.
If he has any doubts, then I think he calls it time.

An AFL year is greulling. It is not just about if he wants to play, its about if he wants to put in all the other hard yards that go along with it... And as you get older, that becomes harder and harder to do.

I reckon 80% chance he decides to call it here.
---

As for us - I'd be pretty happy if joins us for a year (definitely not a 2yr deal)... But not if we are also getting Mayne and Wells.

Don't underestimate the powerful motivation of wanting to prove his old club wrong... Having said that I can't see how one year at best from him would help us even in the medium term.

List clog. Bullcrap when Hudson came in he coached and played extremely well. The whole point of bringing Wells, Harvey ect is TO WIN MORE GAMES.
I'm all for winning more games and getting in some experienced immediate impact types. Maric is not that. And Amelly.. We gave Huddo a list spot at what 34 years of age. He played 7 senior games in 2 years and a whole stack of VFL games... if that's not list clogging I don't know what is. List spots are important you know.. especially in a rebuild.

As for his coaching value, we could have had a recently retired ruckman to be ruck coach like every other sane club does and used the extra spot on the list to recruit someone who had the potential to be a best 22 player for us right now! It was dumb!

If he has improved so much under the coaching of someone who isn't a ruck coach, just imagine how much he'll benefit from somebody who knows the craft.
I'm just not sure Cox has the game sense to play in the ruck.
I agree the club should get a ruck coach.. just not one who takes up a list spot unnecessarily. Pay the F@cking tax Ed!
Cox has shown he's a quick learner. If he wants to survive.. he need to learn to ruck as well as be a forward option imo.

I'm all for winning more games and getting in some experienced immediate impact types. Maric is not that. And Amelly.. We gave Huddo a list spot at what 34 years of age. He played 7 senior games in 2 years and a whole stack of VFL games... if that's not list clogging I don't know what is. List spots are important you know.. especially in a rebuild.

As for his coaching value, we could have had a recently retired ruckman to be ruck coach like every other sane club does and used the extra spot on the list to recruit someone who had the potential to be a best 22 player for us right now! It was dumb!
He was rookie listed, originally just going to be a coach, but was convinced to go on the rookie list as an emergency ruck. Given the strike rate of the rookie list, I'm struggling to see how he could have been classed as a list clogger. He was genuinely useful at AFL level when we did need him, and Witts and Grundy's development under him was great.

There was nothing dumb about it. He provided everything we asked of him. Good coaching, and competent emergency backup when we needed it at senior level.

For your next trick, could you name grumpy old know it alls who refuse to acknowledge the club makes mistakes and is heavy handed with the ignore function?

So when does trade week
Start
Soon, rumour has it next week but it might be the following week. My sauce says it might start 1st of December but that's contentious. Hoping it's Monday but Collingwood want it to start Tuesday. I've kind of lost which week we are in and who is coming but I can guarntee you there will be a trade week before the start of season 2017.

He was rookie listed, originally just going to be a coach, but was convinced to go on the rookie list as an emergency ruck. Given the strike rate of the rookie list, I'm struggling to see how he could have been classed as a list clogger. He was genuinely useful at AFL level when we did need him, and Witts and Grundy's development under him was great.

There was nothing dumb about it. He provided everything we asked of him. Good coaching, and competent emergency backup when we needed it at senior level.
See my original post for a response to the points in your response to it. Seems you missed it. It was DUMB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back