2016 Non Crows AFL Discussion thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the completion of its investigation into Nick Kyrgios’ second round match last week at theShanghai Rolex Masters, the ATP has announced that Kyrgios has been found to have committed the player major offense ‘Conduct Contrary to the Integrity of the Game.’

The offense means that Kyrgios receives an additional fine of US$ 25,000, and is suspended from ATP tournaments for eight tournament weeks, effective from today, Monday 17 October, 2016, through to Sunday 15 January, 2017.

However, the suspension will be reduced to three tournament weeks upon agreement that the player enters a plan of care under the direction of a Sports Psychologist, or an equivalent plan approved by ATP, meaning Kyrgios could regain eligibility to compete on the ATP World Tour or Challenger Tour from Monday 7 November, 2016.

Kyrgios had already been fined a total of US$ 16,500 for breaches of the ATP Code of Conduct by the ATP Supervisors on-site in Shanghai. He received the on-site maximum fine of US$ 10,000 for violations of the Best Efforts provision in the Code, as well as a US$ 5,000 fine for Verbal Abuse of a Spectator, and a US$ 1,500 fine for Unsportsmanlike Conduct.

Today’s announcement completes the ATP’s investigation into this matter which, following the conclusion of the on-site process, included further review of the match, as well as comments made during Kyrgios’ post-match press conference.

I'd have preferred the minimum to have been 5-6 weeks, but good that the ATP have finally banned him.

Given his arrogance, can't see him seeking help so he'll sit out the 8 weeks, have another tanty, and cop a longer holiday.
I thought he was playing hungover.

May as well forfeited as effort was pathetic.

Everyone complains the AFL sweeps s**t under the carpet to maintain image and PR

They do this all the time

Yet when it benefits us -talia stuff - we expect everyone to believe it's been properly & thoroughly investigated.

Cmon

Glad to see classy response from doggies but this mess stinks
Yep, the lost phone and deleted messages alone point to a cover up. Cheney's involvement is really intriguing too. What was going on there? The 'joking' excuse was ludicrously lame and yet was accepted.
Doesn't really matter whether we actually materially benefited in the game. Something dirty was going on.

Yep, the lost phone and deleted messages alone point to a cover up. Cheney's involvement is really intriguing too. What was going on there? The 'joking' excuse was ludicrously lame and yet was accepted.
Doesn't really matter whether we actually materially benefited in the game. Something dirty was going on.
I think M Talia said 'something' but it was pretty inconsequential. A jilted player mouthing off indiscriminately.

D Talia mentioned it to the Crows guys.

Cheney re-told the tale to his mate, most likely adding a bit of mayo the way anyone does when telling a bit of goss.

As this got passed up the chain - D Talia to Cheney to Stratton to Gibson - it sounded more sinister the further it went from the source.

Cheney's intention - perhaps just a funny story like the Rockliff/Yeo pee drinking thing or perhaps a heads up to Beveridge that M Talia is a plonker and you're best to move him on got lost along the way.

Not realising that whatever inane blather scorned lover, soon to be traded M Talia passed on would be construed as top secret intel that was the key to the Crows unlocking the Bulldogs' game plan.

Cheney was then screwed. The 'mayo' couldn't be unspread, hence the 'joking' reference.

I'd have preferred the minimum to have been 5-6 weeks, but good that the ATP have finally banned him.

Given his arrogance, can't see him seeking help so he'll sit out the 8 weeks, have another tanty, and cop a longer holiday.
I thought he was playing hungover.

May as well forfeited as effort was pathetic.
Cant believe that Kyrgios twat is Australian. Embarrassing.
Rather than the constant abuse he gets from the Australian public, maybe someone should ask him if he's ok. Some very concerning behaviour.

Rather than the constant abuse he gets from the Australian public, maybe someone should ask him if he's ok. Some very concerning behaviour.
He deserves to be criticised for his performance as totally unprofessional. He's in the public, so expect comments.

I believe a condition of his suspension is.professional counselling, which is well done by the atp.

There is no point pretending he has no problem or his attitude won't be fixed.

He deserves to be criticised for his performance as totally unprofessional. He's in the public, so expect comments.

I believe a condition of his suspension is.professional counselling, which is well done by the atp.

There is no point pretending he has no problem or his attitude won't be fixed.
No-one's pretending he doesn't have a problem. Obviously he has a problem. He's showing clear signs of serious mental illness and I doubt the constant barrage of his fellow Australians heaping s**t on him is helping.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No-one's pretending he doesn't have a problem. Obviously he has a problem. He's showing clear signs of serious mental illness and I doubt the constant barrage of his fellow Australians heaping s**t on him is helping.
If he keeps putting performances like that he will continue to cop it.

He has chosen to be in the public, so you're dreaming if you think everyone will stop commenting.

I wonder if he's behaved the same all through his career since he was a kid but it got overlooked because he was very good. Now at the top level the standard is higher, he loses more games so has more tantrums/petulance

Everyone complains the AFL sweeps s**t under the carpet to maintain image and PR

Yet when it benefits us -talia stuff - we expect everyone to believe it's been properly & thoroughly investigated.

Cmon

Rubbish. Media beat up. You are simply looking to be contrary at every opportunity. Boring.

Cmon

Winning a premiership probably allowed them to get over it. Proving the Crows benefited from inside information though was always going to be an uphill battle.

I think we've found out that Micheal Talia gets up to stuff in his own time he wouldn't want the AFL knowing about, just because he didn't want the AFL going through his phone, doesn't mean he was guilty of that exact crime.

I wonder if he's behaved the same all through his career since he was a kid but it got overlooked because he was very good. Now at the top level the standard is higher, he loses more games so has more tantrums/petulance

Pretty sure this is spot on. Petulance being the key word.
Plenty of kids like this in individual sports as the good ones have so much hot air blown up their backsides from a young age they start living with a complete sense of entitlement.

Actually, Id say it is happening more and more in general society.
Not a mental health problem its a degredation of societal standards problem.

Be just needs to be put over someones knee.

I think we've found out that Micheal Talia gets up to stuff in his own time he wouldn't want the AFL knowing about, just because he didn't want the AFL going through his phone, doesn't mean he was guilty of that exact crime.
Based on further events this might be right.

But I am comfortable the events happened as stated. It has been covered up so why bringing it up now would make any difference I don't know? Unless some delusional Bullies supporter thinks it would have been 2 flags for them???

I think M Talia said 'something' but it was pretty inconsequential. A jilted player mouthing off indiscriminately.

D Talia mentioned it to the Crows guys.

Cheney re-told the tale to his mate, most likely adding a bit of mayo the way anyone does when telling a bit of goss.

As this got passed up the chain - D Talia to Cheney to Stratton to Gibson - it sounded more sinister the further it went from the source.

Cheney's intention - perhaps just a funny story like the Rockliff/Yeo pee drinking thing or perhaps a heads up to Beveridge that M Talia is a plonker and you're best to move him on got lost along the way.

Not realising that whatever inane blather scorned lover, soon to be traded M Talia passed on would be construed as top secret intel that was the key to the Crows unlocking the Bulldogs' game plan.

Cheney was then screwed. The 'mayo' couldn't be unspread, hence the 'joking' reference.
Probably not far from the truth. I'd find it hard to believe Cheney would even be on our list if he'd blurted out too much. I'll bet he's learnt a valuable lesson though, i.e. what happens within the club, stays within the club.

Probably not far from the truth. I'd find it hard to believe Cheney would even be on our list if he'd blurted out too much. I'll bet he's learnt a valuable lesson though, i.e. what happens within the club, stays within the club.

You can imagine him being called into Fagan's office......and being told off like a petulant school boy.... Fages would've been pissed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back