2016 Non Crows AFL Discussion thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not intimating that everyone who's a dick in the sporting arena is suffering from mental issues but with Kyrgios the signs are very visible. The radical swings between his happy and angry personas with very short fuse, his desire to isolate himself, his concentration drop-offs and mainly how sometimes he just doesn't want to be out there and will deliberately lose and lose quickly to get off the court as soon as he can. Maybe that's not bering lazy or petulant, maybe that's fear.

My point is instead of just hanging s**t on the guy, maybe someone should cut him a break and ask if he's ok.
The "Kokkinakis ****ed your girlfriend" sledge?

The "Kokkinakis ****ed your girlfriend" sledge?

It is possible he's both a dick and has other "issues".

They're not mutually exclusive.

It's also possible he's just a dick.

In any event I'm glad the ATP Tour conditioned it on him spending some time with a head shrinker.

Maybe because they traded back into the 1st round this year? So they technically have 2x first round picks this year (9 and 19).
If it allows them to draft 2 quality SA kids in Scharenberg and Graham then its a good trade.

I don't know the facts of his childhood. But parents take a large chunk of responsibility for their kids imo
Isn't that their parents fault?

And it's not the parent's parents fault, because their parents were probably dicks too.

You seriously think you know what's going on inside someone else's head? You have no idea about him, his upbringing or his mindset. Pathetic.

No I dont assume to know whats going on in his head. Taking his behaviour or should I say symptoms into accout, what disorder would you label him with Doc?

I dont give a s**t about all those background variables you have listed. He presents as a completly petulant flog and it matters not how he came to become one.

Most murderers,pedophiles and rapists have some form of mental disorder and or have suffered a poor upbringing etc but it doesnt change or excuse what they are now does it?

No I dont assume to know whats going on in his head. Taking his behaviour or should I say symptoms into accout, what disorder would you label him with Doc?

I dont give a s**t about all those background variables you have listed. He presents as a completly petulant flog and it matters not how he came to become one.

Most murderers,pedophiles and rapists have some form of mental disorder and or have suffered a poor upbringing etc but it doesnt change or excuse what they are now does it?
No you don't give a s**t, which makes you a completely petulant flog too.

No you don't give a s**t, which makes you a completely petulant flog too.

So you make an assumption that his behaviour is not all as it seems and that there is some underlying cause.

How is what you are doing any different than what I am?

Im making an assumption based on face value and you are making a more complex assumption based on what exactly?
If you can site a paper that quantifies all of his various personality quirks then Im very willing to read it. If you cant then you are basically asking me to accept every single w***er on the face of the planet as they are, because they all arrived at where they are today somehow right?

Easier just do accept that a good percentage of people in this world are bellends and that it is perfectly normal.

Suicide due to depression and other mental illness is the leading cause of premature death in Australia with young men most at risk, with the rates climbing every year. But yeah, it's funny hey?
Unfortunately, by screaming "depression" everytime they stuff up, these token, shallow celebreties dilute the importance of mental health issues such as depression for genuine sufferers.

But hey, by all means keep on with your rant Oprah.

I loved McEnroe, Connors, Agassi. I take the good with the bad from Kyrgios. He will win a major. Great player. Don't care how he acts.
At the moment he's not winning quite enough to get away with the behaviour

Akermanis' look-at-me antics... that's ok, he's a gun and winning games.

Kyle Reimers... not so much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rubbish. Media beat up. You are simply looking to be contrary at every opportunity. Boring.
Exactly. It was overplayed at the very start. Bloated pig dog Gordon threw a tantrum. Such bullshit.

But, wouldn't be at all surprised if messages went missing because of totally different topic that the Talia bros were well within their rights to keep private. There's been stuff on my phone I wouldn't want anyone but myself and the other party to see. Not illegal stuff. Personal stuff.

Unfortunately, by screaming "depression" everytime they stuff up, these token, shallow celebreties dilute the importance of mental health issues such as depression for genuine sufferers.

But hey, by all means keep on with your rant Oprah.
I don't believe he's said anything. And it sounds like the rant is coming from you. Oprah.

I think we've found out that Micheal Talia gets up to stuff in his own time he wouldn't want the AFL knowing about, just because he didn't want the AFL going through his phone, doesn't mean he was guilty of that exact crime.
This is possible. Just as DABM's chinese-whispers-getting-out-of-hand explanation is also possible. But it is just as possible (and a little more likely imo) that a pissed off M Talia did leak stuff he shouldn't have and D Talia compounded the situation by sharing the info with his team mates.

Then, was Cheney just a big mouth? Or was he unhappy with the situation? Again, both are possible and, with the info available, impossible to determine for certain. Speaking to Bev pushes the probabilities away from just being a dopey big mouth though.

I don't believe we gained significant (or any) benefit from the situation but that doesn't mean it wasn't wrong. The guilty behaviour afterward certainly didn't look good for the Talias.

In the end, it scarcely matters now but assuming that it was all entirely innocent just looks to me like a very partisan view. I'm not sure we would accept that explanation if the situations were reversed.

Xavier Richards wants to move back to Melbourne so that he can live with his parents and save money! Watch the swans push for a cola return.

This is possible. Just as DABM's chinese-whispers-getting-out-of-hand explanation is also possible. But it is just as possible (and a little more likely imo) that a pissed off M Talia did leak stuff he shouldn't have and D Talia compounded the situation by sharing the info with his team mates.

Then, was Cheney just a big mouth? Or was he unhappy with the situation? Again, both are possible and, with the info available, impossible to determine for certain. Speaking to Bev pushes the probabilities away from just being a dopey big mouth though.

I don't believe we gained significant (or any) benefit from the situation but that doesn't mean it wasn't wrong. The guilty behaviour afterward certainly didn't look good for the Talias.

In the end, it scarcely matters now but assuming that it was all entirely innocent just looks to me like a very partisan view. I'm not sure we would accept that explanation if the situations were reversed.
at least we didn't let the Dogs catch us by surprise with all this great information we shouldn't have had.

would have been hard to win that one if we let them get a few on the board early :drunk:

at least we didn't let the Dogs catch us by surprise with all this great information we shouldn't have had.

would have been hard to win that one if we let them get a few on the board early :drunk:
The point is not whether the info was rolled gold but whether sharing it in the first place was unethical. As has been said many times, it is hard to see what benefit Adelaide derived.

No proof that Daniel shared any specifics with anyone, other than Michael told him something (if he did share specific match preperation information), but it's easy enough for a simple comment like "Michael told me how to beat them!" to snowball into something massive with Chinese whispers.

No proof that Daniel shared any specifics with anyone, other than Michael told him something (if he did share specific match preperation information), but it's easy enough for a simple comment like "Michael told me how to beat them!" to snowball into something massive with Chinese whispers.
To be honest, I doubt M Talia understands tactics anyway

Yes, and it's also possible that Shane Warne's mum gave him a little pill to slim him down for his date.

If you want to believe there's nothing in it, you can come up with any number of semi-plausible explanations. I don't particularly want to believe that Daniel Talia behaved unethically and then covered it up, but there's a bit of 'walks like a duck, quacks like a duck' to this one.

Anyway, it's a dead issue, so I reckon I'll leave it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back