If you could change an AFL team's nickname

Remove this Banner Ad

The Lions for Brisbane , great name , better though with Fitzroy still there, but that's life , and the dirty AFL!

If the AFL bring in another Brisbane side, maybe they can just de-merge the Lions and have both Brisbane Lions and Brisbane Bears.

::waits for Roylion::

Believe it or not, it is Victorian Greens policy for Essendon to change their Bombers nickname as it is too aggressive and promotes war

Yeah, I don't believe you. A Google search revealed nothing too.

Link?

I was going to come up with one for every team, but these are the only ones that were any good.
Adelaide: The Serial Killers
Carlton: The Pratts
Collingwood: The Unspeakables
Essendon: The Injections
Geelong: The Associates of Dangerfield
Gold Coast: The Meter Maids
GWS: The Felafels
Hawthorn: The Unsociables
Richmond: The Disappointments

I was going to come up with one for every team, but these are the only ones that were any good.
Adelaide: The Serial Killers
Carlton: The Pratts
Collingwood: The Unspeakables
Essendon: The Injections
Geelong: The Associates of Dangerfield
Gold Coast: The Meter Maids
GWS: The Felafels
Hawthorn: The Unsociables
Richmond: The Disappointments

Richmond never disappoint me. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn 'Corks' recognising our new best and fairest 'Corker' Brownlow medalist Sam 'Corky' Mitchell

Geelong Cats (who's scared of a little kitty cat?) → Geelong Pivotonians (actually their original nickname from way back when)
Western Bulldogs (they're not really from WA) → Greater Western Melbourne Bulldogs (silly)
Melbourne Demons → Melbourne Burn (sounds cool)
Gold Coast Suns (as I said, really tacky) → Gold Coast Guards.
GWS Giants → Sydney Giants ('greater western sydney' is rather unwieldy. I routinely call my team Sydney Giants. Just make it official)
Adelaide Crows → ?????? (I don't really like 'Crows' that much but I can't find an alternative)

I was thinking along the same line, I'd at least shorten Greater Western Sydney to something like West Sydney Giants, it's too long as it stands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Swans should change their name to the Marshmallows or the Daffodils, to make themselves sound more fearsome.

The St Kilda Spoons.

The Carlton Capricciosas?

Obviously you've never encountered an aggressive swan......not to be trifled with let me tell you!

I wouldn't call Gold Coast the Stingrays, because in short time they'd be known as the "Stingers", and then the "Rings"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back