Autopsy 2016 National Draft (NM Picks: 11; 32; 33; 80)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just putting it out there but I don't think Boomer's delisting was justified by the trades or drafting that occurred post season.

No, his delisting was justified because he was done.

His replacement wasn't drafted this season, they were already on the list.

I've got Brisbane as the winners of tonight, done amazingly well with their first 4 picks.
Yep, getting the "left overs" of Mcluggage or Mcgrath they were always going to be winners. Basically as If they had the 1st pick without the pressure.

A lot of pressure on Mountford, Clarke, Hrovat, Ahern, Anderson to come through as mids.

In fairness, good.

A career is short and needs to be capitalised on early.

In terms how highly the players were rated going in. Relax, I'm not saying there players are good ours a s**t etc. That all has to play out. But they've walked away with McCluggage, Berry, Witherden and Cedric Cox all rated as likely top 20 picks.

I am relaxed. Just curious as to how we identify draft winners and losers at this point. If 2 of those 4 don't make the grade they are probably draft losers with the selections they held.

No, his delisting was justified because he was done.

His replacement wasn't drafted this season, they were already on the list.

When we drafted Boomer, who would've thought the jockey sized kid we picked up at 40 odd would play 400 + games........at the time he looked barely capable of replacing Trent Nicholls.

You never "replace" champions like Boomer or Greig or Dench or Carey immediately. Someone comes in and takes a place in the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

******* hell. Says a lot about Durdin and Nielson imo.

Hansen is gone at the end of the year. Possibly Thompson if the decline continues. Leaves us with Tarrant, Neilson, Durdin and.....nothing. A KPD was a necessity to keep the pipeline flowing.

Waite finishes this year and we have Brown, Wood and McKay with Daw as a ruck/ fwd. Larkey is the understudy developing under them.

Stoked with Simpkin and Williams as outside mids with pace and X factor

Big fan of Watson as a kpd and fills that need

Larkey was random choice

Overall very happy

I feel like I'm entering the twilight zone with you being the shining light in regards to positivity.

Devastated we missed Fisher and Begby.

Simpkin was my first choice and very happy we got him, but buyers remorse on Watson and don't give a Farkey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back