Prediction 2017 Free Agency & Trading - go to the Gibbs thread if you wish to discuss Gibbs!!!

Who do you think the Crows will get during the 2017 trade period?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I love our city I just don't think it appeals to players with out family here. Dusty can have his pick of any club in Australia for the same money why would he come here when he is settled in melbourne. Got a gut feel hawks could make a play here

As much as I love our city I just don't think it appeals to players with out family here. Dusty can have his pick of any club in Australia for the same money why would he come here when he used to melbourne. Got a gut feel hawks could make a play here
Can he though? Not every club can offer the same plus I'm sure he wants to go to a decent club.

The Hawks just brought in 2 high priced recruits. I'd be surprised if they are in a position to.

Can he though? Not every club can offer the same plus I'm sure he wants to go to a decent club.

The Hawks just brought in 2 high priced recruits. I'd be surprised if they are in a position to.
They will get some cap space through attrition. Burgoyne would be 35 at start of next season, Hodge and Gibson 33.

They won't hesitate to create space by moving on a mid range player.

Martin might be ready to add a flag to his resume over more money.

It's far more likely he goes to Hawthorn than us.

Wasn't there talk about us and Martin last year?

Martin AND Rockliff?

from Jake
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2017-trade-draft-thread.1155094/page-8#post-48489642

sorry wasn't on the rumours board, but the West Coast trade thread

obviously I have no idea but this post piqued my interest, for sure

i was there to see what they were thinking about McGovern
From Rich - humorous comment about him being FIFO just below :)
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/4-dustin-martin.1102445/page-30#post-48589591

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont agree with you all on how good Dusty Martin is. He is good. But he is not in that top bracket of players. His last two seasons were good, in particular 2016. But his pedigree before that is questionable. I dont think he was elite before that and so he is very likely to revert back to pre-2015 form. I am also wary of the big fish in the small pond. I would be happy if we landed him for something like a first and a second, but I dont rate him anywhere as high as the very best mids - Kennedy, Bont, Danger, Fyfe. Also, I rate Sloane as better than Dusty. I would rather we hunted a younger player that will give us more years like Shiel for example. Having said that, I would take Dusty over Gibbs all day long.

Fyfe has also put off talks

382.gif

WCE and Richmond boards both have us as main player...
We couldn't, could we?

I think people are just putting 2 & 2 together since we are a generally viewed as being a midfielder short & supposedly with money in the bank.

I think people are just putting 2 & 2 together since we are a generally viewed as being a midfielder short & supposedly with money in the bank.

The speculation is that he is off and the logic behind that is sound. Not sure that it adds up that he comes to Adelaide unless there is some real interest on Dusty's part because we are not the usual destination.

This 2017 off season will be very interesting because I think there will be several big names likely to go. Dusty seems highly likely. The fact that Sheil almost left last time and only signed a 2 year extension makes me think that he will be very likely to go. The only thing in GWS favour is that they are in a red hot window. He would be a mercenary to leave, but he would be sacrificing millions. Rockliff must go surely. I dont think Fyfe goes, but I do wonder why he has not already signed up. Wouldn't be surprised if Ablett goes home for one last season as well.

That makes 2017 the summer of Fyfe, Sheil, Martin and Rockliff. Not too bad. If all 4 do move, surely we could land one of them. I hope so, in the order I have listed.

The speculation is that he is off and the logic behind that is sound. Not sure that it adds up that he comes to Adelaide unless there is some real interest on Dusty's part because we are not the usual destination.

This 2017 off season will be very interesting because I think there will be several big names likely to go. Dusty seems highly likely. The fact that Sheil almost left last time and only signed a 2 year extension makes me think that he will be very likely to go. The only thing in GWS favour is that they are in a red hot window. He would be a mercenary to leave, but he would be sacrificing millions. Rockliff must go surely. I dont think Fyfe goes, but I do wonder why he has not already signed up. Wouldn't be surprised if Ablett goes home for one last season as well.

That makes 2017 the summer of Fyfe, Sheil, Martin and Rockliff. Not too bad. If all 4 do move, surely we could land one of them. I hope so, in the order I have listed.

Sheil is staying put: see AFL site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back