Universal Love 2016/2017 Pre-season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Injuries early in the year can open doors.

Injuries late in the year just **** you.

Yeah but you can have injuries early in the year AND injuries late in the year.

Of course if you can only choose one you'd choose early injuries, but in reality players could still get injured late in the season even if they copped early injuries

Of course if you can only choose one you'd choose early injuries, but in reality players could still get injured late in the season even if they copped early injuries
I think you are missing his point

Jeebus Scorpus, I really enjoy your posting but man, what are you going to tell us next: "water is wet"?

Injuries early in the year can open doors.

Injuries late in the year just **** you.
Injuries earlier in the year also forces you to try other players, which usually helps develop depth.

Injuries early in the year can make 'in 6 months time' irrelevant

We can cover some areas of the ground, others not so much. What makes it a bit more difficult to assess is that our reporting of injuries is so full of lies. Brett Burton couldn't even bring himself to say that Sloane copped an elbow. Lever and B Crouch? Could be anything from minor niggle to months out.

Last edited:
Injuries early in the year makes 'in 6 months time' irrelevant

We can cover some areas of the ground, others not so much. What makes it a bit more difficult to assess is that our reporting of injuries is so full of lies. Brett Burton couldn't even bring himself to say that Sloane copped an elbow. Lever and B Crouch? Could be anything from minor niggle to months out.
the telling situation will be seeing who we pick when we're down to Thommo and debutants.

You'd hope they would have learned from last year that they need to give him at least a few games in the magoos before rushing him back in the side.

Looks like this preseason could be a great "trial by fire" for our young midfielders without Sloane, Thommo, B. Crouch and Lyons, a real sink or swim moment for some and a real opportunity to impress for others.

For some players, often all it takes is an injury or 2 to give them a proper opportunity and they shine. Let's hope one or two guys can do this because god knows we need it.

I recon Knighta will be the surprise.
He really looked a player in the Bulldogs final 2015. Then didn't get a go since
(1game)
Him and Charlie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thommo has shown no evidence yet that he's over his shoulder

Might not be ready himself as it's apparently pretty chronic and if he has surgery he's probably done
I absolutely hate that he's gone on for another year but if he bows out with an injury, unable to get on the park, that would be really sad.

If there's any upside to our injuries it's that it will force our coaches to makes changes in the middle. They literally can't just do the same thing they did last year. Fingers crossed Pyke knows his s**t because I sure as hell don't rate Camporeale.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back