Who do you think will or want to win the 2017 flag?

Who will win the flag?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yellow Paint

Senior List
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
I think it's safe to say there's 5 teams who are real threats for the flag this year - Adelaide, Geelong, GWS, West Coast and Western Bulldogs.

Teams such as Richmond and Port Adelaide could do alright in September and are the premiership smokies.

Who do you think will win the flag this year and why?

Last edited:

After a month of footy I think it's safe to say there's only 5 teams who can win the flag
giphy.gif

I think a lot of people overrate West Coast. Pedestrian midfield, cant win away against decent teams. We generally require two things to go our way to win the flag, and this has been the case for the past couple decades: top 2 for the two Subi finals, and for our GF opponent to be a non Vic team.

100% wont- Lions, Carlton, Collingwood, Hawthorn, Nth Melbourne, Fremantle, Essendon, Gold Coast. and highly unlikely (gun shy after the dogs last year)- St.Kilda, Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Richmond, Sydney.

that leaves the 5 you listed, i would wipe West Coast. we should just play the prelims next weekend and be done with it.;)

I think a lot of people overrate West Coast. Pedestrian midfield, cant win away against decent teams. We generally require two things to go our way to win the flag, and this has been the case for the past couple decades: top 2 for the two Subi finals, and for our GF opponent to be a non Vic team.
Except for GWS and Adelaide in round 21 and 23 last year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the dogs are in the mix for finals again and go deep...
Will they be everyone's 2nd fav team this year again?

It was a little bit nauseating last year.

GWS or Adelaide for me but it's way to early.

Whichever of those 5 teams Gws, Adel, Geelong, West coast and the dogs have the healthiest list in September will win the flag.
Still way too early to call but yeah... you saw how injuries stuffed the dogs mid to late year.. then boom, they got those guys back and won the GF.

100% wont- Lions, Carlton, Collingwood, Hawthorn, Nth Melbourne, Fremantle, Essendon, Gold Coast. and highly unlikely (gun shy after the dogs last year)- St.Kilda, Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Richmond, Sydney.

that leaves the 5 you listed, i would wipe West Coast. we should just play the prelims next weekend and be done with it.;)

Eh I wouldn't be overwhelmingly surprised if Port won it. They have just as much chance as eagles or Geelong based on current form. Same goes with Sydney. If they can win four of the next five they are right back in it.

So really there's 7.

Back