If the Dees don't make the eight is it a failure?

Will it be a failure?

• Yes

Votes: 398 75.2%
  • No

Votes: 131 24.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

After seeing them this weekend it would be a massive failure to miss.
They clearly have enough talent despite Gawn's absence.
So far so good in 8th on the ladder with Richmond, Essendon, Hawthorn, Adelaide, North and my Sun's over the next six weeks.

So far so good in 8th on the ladder with Richmond, Essendon, Hawthorn, Adelaide, North and my Sun's over the next six weeks.

Been a weird year so far as a Dees supporter. We've played some really good footy and some horrific stuff too. That loss to Freo hurt big time - such a huge difference between being 3-1 and 2-2.

Our depth is being tested by key injuries and dumb suspensions so if we can go 3-3 over the next 6 weeks, it would be OK and hopefully we can build confidence and form over the second half of the year.

Would expect us to at least win 4 of those games, which would have us at 6-4 before the bye. Considering we've lost the last 2 games, I reckon we've been lucky to stay in the 8. If we don't have a positive W/L recored by the time the bye comes round for us after round 10, then it's going to be difficult for us to make the finals.

Been a weird year so far as a Dees supporter. We've played some really good footy and some horrific stuff too. That loss to Freo hurt big time - such a huge difference between being 3-1 and 2-2.

Our depth is being tested by key injuries and dumb suspensions so if we can go 3-3 over the next 6 weeks, it would be OK and hopefully we can build confidence and form over the second half of the year.
The thing that frustrates me the most is not learning from the loss to Geelong and carrying that into the Fremantle game. We kicked as many points as we did goals, which is something that cost us again.

Also lapses in concentration. When Fremantle kicked that goal at half time I turned the TV off, knowing that they kind of thing is what gets a team up and about for the second half. It was lazy by Melbourne and we responded by not fronting up in the third and Fremantle built that momentum.

We haven't played 4 quarters yet, and we are 2/4, which is a pass. But unless over the next month we can put a full game together, we won't be winning many games against anyone. We have to put the loss to Freo down to being a bit dumb, and start to play smarter next week.

Would expect us to at least win 4 of those games, which would have us at 6-4 before the bye. Considering we've lost the last 2 games, I reckon we've been lucky to stay in the 8. If we don't have a positive W/L recored by the time the bye comes round for us after round 10, then it's going to be difficult for us to make the finals.
We play our best footy and we win 5/6.

I think we will respond against Richmond. Essendon is 50/50, Crows a loss, Hawks 50/50, Roos and GC 50/50. Hmmmm....
I think the Richmond and Adelaide games we will be the underdogs, Essendon I reckon is 50/50, the rest of the games I reckon we will be favourites but they won't be easy games at all. We could very well rebound against Richmond but just a little bit more confident on them getting the result. Important that we win more than we lose in the next 6 games which will be a challenge.

I think the Richmond and Adelaide games we will be the underdogs, Essendon I reckon is 50/50, the rest of the games I reckon we will be favourites but they won't be easy games at all. We could very well rebound against Richmond but just a little bit more confident on them getting the result. Important that we win more than we lose in the next 6 games which will be a challenge.
We just need Hogan and Lewis back. Lewis will help us play 4 quarters again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Already failed. Goodwin hasn't taken this list forward as expected. We're continuing to lose games we should win, poor kicking and decision making, go missing for whole quarters and no real tactical flexibility or responsiveness. Very concerned that we have not progressed and starting to get fed up with this club and the acceptance of mediocrity. We've been fed shite by the truckload this past decade and there's no sign that we're closer to playing finals than we were under Bailey.

Already failed. Goodwin hasn't taken this list forward as expected. We're continuing to lose games we should win, poor kicking and decision making, go missing for whole quarters and no real tactical flexibility or responsiveness. Very concerned that we have not progressed and starting to get fed up with this club and the acceptance of mediocrity. We've been fed shite by the truckload this past decade and there's no sign that we're closer to playing finals than we were under Bailey.
Agree. Can't see where the next win will come to be honest.

Our defence is non existent.

Clubs don't make finals with no ruckmen. This season is going to be about finding other avenues to goal, in preparation for a crack at the flag in 2018.

The raft of injuries and the triple suspension haven't helped matters.

Colin Garland* Knee Season
Max Gawn Hamstring 12 weeks
Liam Hulett Hip flexor Available [VFL player]
Mitch King Knee Available [Just recovered from knee reco]
Jordan Lewis Suspended Round six
Pat McKenna Hamstring 6-8 weeks
Joel Smith Shoulder 12 weeks
Aaron vandenBerg Heel 6-8 weeks
Josh Wagner Shoulder 12 weeks
Sam Weideman Corked leg Test

Add Jake Spencer, Tim Smith and possibly Christian Petracca to that. Questions over the availability of Brayshaw too.

I thought 2018 would be the finals year. Don't make it next year and we need to have a good look at things. Still a very young list and another 20 games and a pre season into the list will do wonders. Finals this year would have been a bonus.

The raft of injuries and the triple suspension haven't helped matters.

Colin Garland* Knee Season
Max Gawn Hamstring 12 weeks
Liam Hulett Hip flexor Available [VFL player]
Mitch King Knee Available [Just recovered from knee reco]
Jordan Lewis Suspended Round six
Pat McKenna Hamstring 6-8 weeks
Joel Smith Shoulder 12 weeks
Aaron vandenBerg Heel 6-8 weeks
Josh Wagner Shoulder 12 weeks
Sam Weideman Corked leg Test

Add Jake Spencer, Tim Smith and possibly Christian Petracca to that. Questions over the availability of Brayshaw too.
They don't help but we should have won the last three games, injuries are a bit of a cop out. If that list Gawn, Lewis and Weideman (debatable) are clearly best 22, the rest are depth of varying quality. We haven't been able to close out games and still have the same bad fade outs. That's on the coach and leadership group. I can't see that we're stronger in those areas than previous years when Lewis is removed from the equation and I am not impressed with Goodwin so far.

Back