2nds Crows vs Port Adelaide - Round 4 @ Woodville

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes. We've talked about it a fair bit here. Next week if Boak is fine we will have only 1 injury, White. Which means that 1 Power player will miss the week entirely and Summerton will have to play reserves. It wouldn't surprise though if we have a couple players miss with general soreness though so that Summerton can play.
Summerton's 200th game as well. Will be the last ever to get to 200 in a Maggies guernsey you'd think

Bonner has AFL star written all over him, just a matter of time

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

His side step was insane yesterday. He was virtually walking around small agile players, running off and delivering 50m missiles to team mates.

His side step was insane yesterday. He was virtually walking around small agile players, running off and delivering 50m missiles to team mates.

There was one passage of play where Toumpas got in trouble with about 3 opposition players and handballed to Bonner about 1m away. Bonner proceeded to work his way through the same 3 opposition players and move the ball forward.

In a way it's a bit sad for Toumpas but Bonner was damn impressive.

I think I'm going against the grain here but I thought Neade was good today. Excellent pressure, plenty of decent tackles and some good link up play.

I think it's because when Neade burns the ball everyone notices because they are looking to criticise him. If another player does exactly the same thing it doesn't go as noticed / mentioned.

I think he played a decent game. Those two clangers in a row pissed me off like they did everyone else though, if he hadn't have done those he would've played a good game.

What was the crowd number out of curiosity?

I think it's because when Neade burns the ball everyone notices because they are looking to criticise him. If another player does exactly the same thing it doesn't go as noticed / mentioned.

I think he played a decent game. Those two clangers in a row pissed me off like they did everyone else though, if he hadn't have done those he would've played a good game.
I am hardly ever negative toward our players, they all try their best, and on any given day they might be off. But good Lord, Neade's disposal was terrible yesterday! He got the pill a lot, did some good things as he normally does, but his decision-making & disposal was atrocious - he struggled to hit a target all day.

I wont wipe him, but he should not even be considered to play AFL until that area of his game is cleaned up!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm quite confident that every player except perhaps Clurey playing AFL atm would be putting up BOG numbers in the SANFL. Main reason why we look better this year is because the 20-22nd players are contributing.

Chad fired into them, a lot of expletives... Dougal went a step further... can't remember word for word, but I walked away impressed....

Future leader right there

Cocktease.

There was one passage of play where Toumpas got in trouble with about 3 opposition players and handballed to Bonner about 1m away. Bonner proceeded to work his way through the same 3 opposition players and move the ball forward.

In a way it's a bit sad for Toumpas but Bonner was damn impressive.
That passage of play was elite, it was his best game at league level. It shows Bonner is becoming comfortable at the league level. He played consistently like this during the U18 national championships. Impressive!

very impressed with Frampton, from what i saw id be very surprised if lobbe gets a run at AFL over him
Dougal was very good, he didnt do a great deal but he has AFL written all over him
Monfries just a class above without trying too much

Loved everything about Bonner's game today. Even when sold into trouble he managed to extricate his way out and hit a target. Thought Krak was great and played his role. Eddy outstanding. Billy very good and Toumpas one clanger but geez he's got great hands.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
the only way Toumpas is gonna make it at AFL is by being able to run all day and be that link player, he doesnt have great speed or good inside work but if he can do that Tom Scully/Andrew Gaff role he might be ok. Teams might play 2 of these type of player at one time but if you cant run like a gazelle all day your wasting your time

ive been watching Harrison Wigg for 2 years and im yet to see this brilliant leg he is supposed to have, by all means he's not a bad kick but i just dont know why people seem to think its any better than average. Id be very surprised if he has a significant AFL career, he's a undersized half back flanker with very little inside grunt. #jimmytoumpas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back