Prediction Future of Josh has gone to the Dogs.

Where's Schack at in 2018?

• Brisbane

Votes: 173 42.3%
  • Other

Votes: 141 34.5%
  • Does anybody even care anymore?

Votes: 95 23.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think these are the personality types you want at a footy club period...particularly Brisbane.

TBH reminds me of Kristian Jaksch...pick #12 highly rated key forward.
We got him via trade and in his first media interview was talking about how good it was to be back home with friends and family...pretty sure he moved back in with his parents.

Seems very similar to Schache in that he wasn't ready maturity wise, and KJ seems like a bit of an 'odd' character who probably isn't the most popular guy...again similar to these Schache rumours. He does seem to be a bit of an introvert who likes to keep to himself...not great for making friends in a new state.
Yes, but when you are rooted to the bottom of the ladder it's not easy to say we won't take the best young player because he is a flight risk, we'll take second or third best. It is easy for Melbourne clubs, for whom the go home factor is much less of an issue (and is more than outweighed by movements the other way), to say that northern clubs should be smarter or more selective in their drafting. At some stage the responsibility for rectifying this has to be shouldered by the AFL. We have done everything in our power to keep our newest draftees including Schache. For Gillon to reject out of hand the idea of minimum three year contracts for rookies on the basis that it would have to apply to every player is just misconceived. There is no reason (including under restrictive practices legislation) why the two years could not be increased to three, if they have the will. It's also time for the other clubs to see that this is a problem for the entire competition and to join our club in lobbying the AFL to take action. We know if this was a Collingwood/Carlton/Richmond problem, action would have been taken long ago.

If I was Schache I wouldn't stay, bad team, bad crowds, 1000s of kms away from the action, what can we offer unless we show marked improvement between now and end of season?

Someone take The young man out from Dan Merrett's basement and show him what Greater Brisbane has to offer:

•Take Josh up to the Big Pineapple for a day.
•Take Josh on a cruise on through Deception Bay in a convertible.
•Take Josh out late night shopping on a Thursday night at Carindale.
•Take Josh to Wellington Point Pier to catch a 10cm whiting or bream
•Take Josh to the middle of Northlakes (Legoland) and see how long he takes to navigate out of there. Time it, and see if he can break his record the following day/week.

#takejosh

It's not that hard, is it?!

I think I ideally for the afl we're a mediocre team that sits around the 6th-11th mark and draws crowds around the 25k-28k mark.
They rather a Friday night game between two Vic teams.
Or SA/WA vs Vic teams
If you look at a few rating for Friday night games. You can see Syd viewers up and down depending on teams
Although less ratings as Adl/Perth going up and down for there teams or a good game.

Eagles vs Dogs
Total
Sydney 27,000
Melbourne 298,000
Brisbane 20,000
Adelaide 103,000
Perth 177,000

GWS vs Dogs
Total 682,000
Syd 42,000
Melb 369,000
Bris 34,000
Adl 122,000
Perth 114,000

Port killing Blues
Total 524,000
Syd 16,000
Melb 292,000
Bris 17,000
Adl 139,000
Perth 60,000

Nth vs Dogs..
Total 522,000
Syd 15,000
Melb 313,000
Bris 26,000
Adl 83,000
Perth 86,000

Apr7 Syd vs Coll
total 690,000
Syd 40,000
Melb 407,000
Bris 42,000
Adl 110,000
Perth 92,000

Someone take The young man out from Dan Merrett's basement and show him what Greater Brisbane has to offer:

•Take Josh to the middle of Northlakes (Legoland) and see how long he takes to navigate out of there. Time it, and see if he can break his record the following day/week.

#takejosh

We need to get that hash tag trending.

Take him out to the Norman and the break creek and the grosvener and any other steak pub that thinks it is being original and clever describing itself as the worst vegetarian restaurant in Brisbane. #takejosh

On HTC 2PS6200 using BigFooty.com mobile app

For what it's worth, the guy I know involved with the lions academy says the word around there is they honestly don't know what schache wants to do. He said the word is fagan wants an answer one way or another in a fortnight. Not sure what this means and take it as you will I'm just passing on what he said.

#takejosh

If you don't get excited by sinking a few fresh Milton Mangoes along the banks of the Brown Snake then what else can we do for him?

Take him out to the Norman and the break creek and the grosvener and any other steak pub that thinks it is being original and clever describing itself as the worst vegetarian restaurant in Brisbane. #takejosh

#justjoshing

If you don't get excited by sinking a few fresh Milton Mangoes along the banks of the Brown Snake then what else can we do for him?

I'm not sure anyone should ever offer to show someone "the Brown Snake".

#takejosh

Given what came to light yesterday I think the most urgent project at hand is to find Josh a hot, domineering Lions supporting lady.

Any of our more colourful larrikin posters out there know where we could find one to fit Josh's needs.

#takejosh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't really buy the "not fitting in/not having any friends at the club deal". I know they are only little snippets but he usually throws plenty of banter on Locker Talk, noticeably more than last year when he was much more introverted. He lives with Rhys, Witherden and whoever else is in that house...

#takejosh

Dinghy sailing off Cleveland, camping at cunungra, ferry trip to coochie, boating on moogerah dam. Seq is full of bright lights (when it's a full moon) and fast paced action. What more could a young man need?

Breath the fresh air at Pinkenbah
Surf lessons at Manly
Sizzler

#takejosh

tumblr_inline_o74b4nXZoU1sjh0qi_500.gif

If I was Schache I wouldn't stay, bad team, bad crowds, 1000s of kms away from the action, what can we offer unless we show marked improvement between now and end of season?
Agree CarterS. I can only wish that ALL our players have that same attitude as you & leave as soon as their contracts are up for renewal & the club can disappear...... that way we "can show marked improvement between now and end of season". I like your logic.

I don't really buy the "not fitting in/not having any friends at the club deal". I know they are only little snippets but he usually throws plenty of banter on Locker Talk, noticeably more than last year when he was much more introverted. He lives with Rhys, Witherden and whoever else is in that house...
You think because he has a joke on locker talk that he has lots of friends at the club?
Doesn't live with Rhys. Used to but moved out.

Agree CarterS. I can only wish that ALL our players have that same attitude as you & leave as soon as their contracts are up for renewal & the club can disappear...... that way we "can show marked improvement between now and end of season". I like your logic.

Ha. Was I talking about what I wished would happen?

You think because he has a joke on locker talk that he has lots of friends at the club?
Doesn't live with Rhys. Used to but moved out.
I think things probably aren't as bad as everyone's making out. On here it's as if he sits in the corner all day twiddling his thumbs

Why the hell would Schache move out from Rhys crib? Unless he was kicked out it doesn't make sense especially if you are struggling to fit in as it is. Actually the whole Schache living arrangements have been fairly weird... moving in with the CEO? He either has massive tickets on himself or the club already knows his apparent issues when they drafted him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back