Autopsy Rd 13 2017: Sydney v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

That was epic. I am so ******* happy right now, haven't screamed that loud at the TV in years, purely because our season was on the line. Just a vintage bloods win.
Me too, had thoughts about turning off tv after first qtr bloodbath. Same here about screaming at tv, dog went ouside and woudnt come in, normally reserved wife jumping up and screaming in last qtr.

We were out structured in the first quarter with Bolton carving us up as well as their smalls. The Horse decided to change the tactic and run the game out to see if those guys would get tired. Dusty not 100% great team effort after the first quarter. won contested play the last three quarters to set up the win.

I was worried about grundy being too slow but the coaching team took that out of the situation through pressure play and richmond started bombing in giving our talls down back a breather.

The most encouraging aspect is we had so many poor players..one of rampes worst games

That's why I'm not getting carried away by the win. Still plenty of room for improvement.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's why I'm not getting carried away by the win. Still plenty of room for improvement.

Richmond midfield has a history of fading towards the end of games. They struggle to defend and run back into defence towards the finish and lose a lot of games in their last quarters. It may be choking, fitness or lack of gut running. They came up against a player who NEVER stops in Kennedy. He is such a great player - big heart, frame and motor. He played a great captains knock today. Kennedy v Martin was this . . .

Last edited:
Elated at that win, another all round performance, everyone contributing. Although a bit lucky after that first half.

3 votes - the Melbourne-based supporters, we looked to be well represented in the crowd at the MCG
2 votes - Tom Papley, brilliant, good skills all day
1 vote - Sam Naismith, a clear winner in the ruck

Remove this Banner Ad

Back