Toast Round 2 Rising Star Nom: Ryan Burton GET AROUND HIM!

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed, with so many positions and different gamestyles it is difficult to gauge who is the most deserving winner unless you have someone who consistently watches every single AFL game. I have Powell-Pepper #1 and Burton #2. There can be an argument whether you get more 'stats' from the half back or in the midfield but the disposal difference is only 2 a game. I value the stats Powell-Pepper is leading the rising stars (CP, clearances) a lot though which is why I have him as the rising star atm. Reality is, both are leading in stats they are expected to get at their positions, tot disposals, r50s, uncontested possessions, R50s.

Then your first post is pretty pointless.
You might need to watch a bit more of Burton.

Powell-Pepper should probably be leading, clear #1 ahead in AFL players ratings, #1 contested possessions, #1 in clearances, #1 in tackles, has kicked way more goals than the other two favourites (Burton & McGrath).
Uve picked midfielder stats, of course burton and mcgrath aren't going to be anywhere near him with contested possessions, clearances and goals. Burton is beating him convincingly in posessions, kicks, disposal efficiency, intercept possessions, double his marks, 3 times more one percenters, nearly 100 meters gained more per match, 16 more dreamteam points, 13 more SuperCoach points. And even though he's a backmen is only .5 behind him in score involvements. So u could argue either way

His moustache makes him look like an imbecile.

I think you'll find that its not actually the moustache....

taylor-walker.png

Powell-Pepper should probably be leading, clear #1 ahead in AFL players ratings, #1 contested possessions, #1 in clearances, #1 in tackles, has kicked way more goals than the other two favourites (Burton & McGrath).

My issue was not with PP, it was with Derwayne

This years rising star, like this season will be the closest in years

Agreed, with so many positions and different gamestyles it is difficult to gauge who is the most deserving winner unless you have someone who consistently watches every single AFL game. I have Powell-Pepper #1 and Burton #2. There can be an argument whether you get more 'stats' from the half back or in the midfield but the disposal difference is only 2 a game. I value the stats Powell-Pepper is leading the rising stars (CP, clearances) a lot though which is why I have him as the rising star atm. Reality is, both are leading in stats they are expected to get at their positions, tot disposals, r50s, uncontested possessions, R50s.

We may be looking at different stats?
http://www.afl.com.au/stats/player-ratings/overall-standings

Burton: 139.9 (#2 overall)
Powell-Pepper: 161.8 (#1 overall)
McGrath 98.2 (4th)
You'd trust a ranking system that has Clangerfield as the best player in the league? He turns it over like nothing else, and yet somehow their system has him at the top. Good players play as team members. looking at their direct opponents and who they've beaten, I'd have burton ahead.

I think you'll find that its not actually the moustache....

taylor-walker.png
He looks far more like an imbecile in the post two posts above the one I'm quoting. Look at the facial expression.

We may be looking at different stats?
http://www.afl.com.au/stats/player-ratings/overall-standings

Burton: 139.9 (#2 overall)
Powell-Pepper: 161.8 (#1 overall)
McGrath 98.2 (4th)

Powell-Pepper is fortunately able to play a less accountable game, and spends less TOG. I think he's clearly been the third best of all the Rising Stars, but Burton pips him due to the nature of the position he has to play. A midfielder is always going to look better because they don't have to be directly accountable for their opposition player, particularly at Port Adelaide where he's probably their third or fourth hard ball/clearance player. Burton has had to directly man an opposition player in defence (especially after key injuries to Frawley and Stratton) as well as take charge creatively and offensively - he's done that to a better extent than a lot of players in the middle of their 20s. With how the Hawks have been playing this year as well, a lot of his possessions are pressured and he's still going at 85% efficiency or thereabouts.

Whether that means he'll win or not, I don't think so. But it's for these reasons that I rate McGrath and Burton ahead of him; they've both played like mature heads in difficult positions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burton named in the AFL.com team of the week. His 3rd so far this year.
Except this time he's leading the votes for the best defender in the round.

When he kicked those goals the ball was gone with the wind... good thing he didn't stick around in SA - he would been one of the misfits... um... any other movies I can remember with CG?
He might be eating huge meals of protein and carbs today, but it started with Nipples (But not for me).
After Hodgey told him off during the song, no one could call him Teachers Pet
But no one hears him running past them because he runs silent and runs deep into the forward line to score.
He is one of the better tall men in the league.
I bet Adelaide felt betrayed every time he did something special.
He has been a bit of a lone star in the backline for much of this season.
Any number can play but none like Burton.
One might say he had a successful homecoming.
It was interesting at the toss. II would have gone with the wind, but walkker chose to go against it.
He was way too hot to handle for Tex.

He might be eating huge meals of protein and carbs today, but it started with Nipples (But not for me).
After Hodgey told him off during the song, no one could call him Teachers Pet
But no one hears him running past them because he runs silent and runs deep into the forward line to score.
He is one of the better tall men in the league.
I bet Adelaide felt betrayed every time he did something special.
He has been a bit of a lone star in the backline for much of this season.
Any number can play but none like Burton.
One might say he had a successful homecoming.
It was interesting at the toss. II would have gone with the wind, but walkker chose to go against it.
He was way too hot to handle for Tex.
The fact I had a measly two movies was clearly an Idiot's Delight

Had to google that last one too :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back