CHANGES VS THE SINNERS.

Remove this Banner Ad

That'd be an embarrassing deal for him. He'd probably tell us to get stuffed.
I will not be surprised , Jimmy Bartel openly stated he don't want to play VFL long term for the cat if he play on and decided to retire.

Last edited:

He was good last weekend but he's played some ordinary footy the last couple of seasons. I'd only give Ballas 1 year, players can really drop off quick in their 30s.
This, the end can come awful quick for some players. Muzungu was an example of that for us, was under rated in 2014 but was pretty ordinary in 2015.

Can see De Luca out now.. Grey and De Luca in the same team, won't happen as much as we like it would.
Darcy out too.
Surprise, Kersten will be safe. What a load of crap
None of what you said is confirmed, all of those blokes are listed on the bench. Just wait and see. Personally I'd be taking out Kersten, Sheridan and Logue, so we'll see what happens.

I can see Sean Darcy coming out for Sandi and Shane Kersten out for Nat Fyfe.

Not seeing who the third out will be. I would love it to be Sheridan with a reshuffle in the backline - e.g. Crozier back and Brady forward, but have a horrible feeling it will be one of Brady and Josh who sit out.

Surprised Taberner isn't in after his BOG for Peel on the weekend. Not sure we can win it without his dominating presence in the forward line.
No one ever said there will be three changes, could easily be grey staying out, will have to wait and see.

One year + the second year as rookie . Give him an option to choose whether to continue 2019 with limited AFL game time .
I would imagine that would be abuse of the rookie system to have a 30 yo who has played for you for 9 years on there. It was not designed for that.

Ballas will get another year on the main list. From here it will be 1 year contracts until he retires.

Josh wont play this week. Ankle not good enough.
I must have missed something... are you a friend of Deluca?

Edit: Nevermind, managed to figure out you're his brother. That's pretty cool, I haven't seen any family members of Freo players around before.

FWIW, a very promising debut! Shame he won't play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would imagine that would be abuse of the rookie system to have a 30 yo who has played for you for 9 years on there. It was not designed for that.

Ballas will get another year on the main list. From here it will be 1 year contracts until he retires.

He's played 1 game this year, I think it's fair to say it's a bit early to call if he'll get another contract or not. If he gets injured again it's probably the end.

Carlton did it with Heath Scotland one year

Wow. That's some big changes. Blakely will be sorely missed.
Kersten keeps his spot. Better be ready to kick 3 goals and get his respect back.

Won't need 3 goals. I think taking one contested mark might be all he needs to do this weekend to keep his spot next week going by our match committee. Very doable for him!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back