Preview Changes V Hawks (Cox, Elliott, Ramsay & Thomas in; Schaz, Brown & Reid - gulp! - emergencies)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could list to his Dumb Excuses and Justify these Stupid Moves
Elliott is an upgrade on Crocker, Thomas is going to provide more than Brown at this stage of their careers, I get the feeling the club is trying to find the right balance between Aish and Ramsay with neither producing or backing up good form. Ramsay plays a more defensive game though and could have been handy vs Gray last week. No doubt Reid out for Cox is contentious, but Cox supposedly put together a cracking game last week and has gone back and worked on what the club asked him to improve (basically they wanted more from him). Reid I've discussed more a couple of posts up, but I think the club wants him to find some touch.

With two upgrades, one 50/50 decision and one contentious change that I get the logic of I'm reasonably happy with this week's changes especially after what Buckley described as our worst game for the year against Port last week. I also liked Buckley's comments that the club is looking to give DeGoey a 4-6 week block of more midfield minutes as a result of having additional forward options.

I also liked Buckley's comments that the club is looking to give DeGoey a 4-6 week block of more midfield minutes as a result of having additional forward options.
This might be the most exciting thing of all.

Look forward to seeing it in action. Let the goo loose

One other point made by Nathan re Reid.
Has said, people forget how much football he hasn't played.

That suggests that Reid is not quite where they'd like him, ok, but not currently ahead of Goldsack and Dunn.

Interesting just in that, I'd never gave thought Goldsack would get ahead of Reid, but there you have it.

Also said, the coach has to make the decision in selection. They have to make the call

In premiership coach speak...."what would beveridge do".

In premiership coach speak...."what would beveridge do".
Never dropped anyone ever, hmmmmm

Yes forgot about the package in the magoos

I scrratched my head about Reid, Scharenberg.
Then you listen to the reasons given, seems plausible.
Move on, it's done.
It is what it is.

Disappointing selections. I shake my head everytime i see Langdon in the team, Breust will kick 5 on him and if hes on Silicly he will kick 5 and if hes on Gunstan he will kick 5. It wont matter who hes on they will kick 5, the hawks will pump us. The meltdown that WILL happen around 6pm Sunday will be epic reading.

He murdered Goodes (who was flying at the time) twice very early in his career but has never had much luck on the injury front.
True, I recall reading somewhere that this year was the first full preseason Goldsack has had in years. On Goodes he's an athletic mobile type who would unsurprisingly fit into today's trend for a smaller more athletic forward line. I guess in a way with shifting forward line structures there's more of that type of match up available.

Disappointing selections. I shake my head everytime i see Langdon in the team, Breust will kick 5 on him and if hes on Silicly he will kick 5 and if hes on Gunstan he will kick 5. It wont matter who hes on they will kick 5, the hawks will pump us. The meltdown that WILL happen around 6pm Sunday will be epic reading.

We won't be Coming Back like Last Time

Hopefully without concrete attached to his legs as you have been quoting the Godfather

Anyone comes for my head I'm kicking ass and taking names.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm comfortable with Reid being dropped. I think many remember him from 3 years ago, he's not that player anymore injuries have taken a toll, just serviceable now. I think he only has another year left in him anyway.

IF we want Sam Reid you hope he has 1 season left

I'm comfortable with Reid being dropped. I think many remember him from 3 years ago, he's not that player anymore injuries have taken a toll, just serviceable now. I think he only has another year left in him anyway.

Ben Reid is the reason we should never give 5 year contracts again at our Club.

I'm with you on this. I can't remember the last time he took a few dominating, contested marks in a match. I often see him go to ground at a lot of contests. I also think his kicking has deteriorated.
But the worst for me, is his slowness in moving the ball. Example - last week when he marked while we were surging forward (4th Qtr i think) stopped, looked downfield to see Faz one-out, then propped, looked sideways, looked outside, stopped, then long bombed it to Faz, who was now 1 v 3.

He does this often in the backline. Always looking to kick sideways.. He wasn't like this 3 years ago..

Reid has been to slow to move the ball in defense which will absolutely hurt us against the Hawks. A smart move to go more nimble in the back half and take this game on at a frantic pace. If we halt and chip the ball around like if Reid plays then we are f?cked. He isn't a big enough target in the forward line and easily pushed around so I have no problem with Cox as a go to target to give Elliot and Faz a free license to run a muck. I would think this will be Cox's last chance to establish himself. I'm not a fan (and would rather see White) but don"t have a problem him replacing Reid in this matchup. Probably gets the gig over White due to form.

Bucks just want a Team full of Midfielders:straining::straining:
??
He has brought in

Cox a 210cm marking forward who has been in great form at VFL level
Jamie, our best forward
Ramsay, a quick back pocket to potentially play on Brooooooost I reckon

Then J.Thomas gets a game, a mid who is also actually a pretty good crumber who could play alongside Cox at times.

Yet you are running with midfielders!?

Elite tall forward/tall backs yes we clearly don't need them given our over supply.
Sincerely hope the coaching staff know WTF they are doing

Elite tall forward/tall backs yes we clearly don't need them given our over supply.
Sincerely hope the coaching staff know WTF they are doing
So do I but to address your concern lets sack the recruiting team that gave us Moore and McClarty as the only key position players for the future.

I like the changes overall.

Really happy to see Cox given another try and reckon he could break out a bit on the back of his VFL numbers

Elliott obviously a great in

We lacked a smaller fast lock down backman last week so Ramsay makes sense and I like him for the future so good to get games into him.

Reid perplexing. Not sure what to think but any games will help him currently.

Thomas will be interesting to see, strong in the VFL and has performed at this level. Will be raring to have a crack. Brown not ready yet so good replacement

Shaz unlucky but no worries there. At start of 2017 the main aim was for a full season of footy and the level isn't that important. Great numbers in the VFL but still finding his feet at AFL level. Langdon is his most obvious rival and has him just covered for now. Better intensity at the ball better one on one and at least as strong in the air. There is not much in it but Langdon deserves the spot for now.

With Ben Reid available and playing seniors I would have loved Bucks to play Dunn and Reid as our key talls and throw Jeremy Howe forward as a 3rd tall alongside Moore and Cox. I think Howe as a 3rd stringer with Elliott, Faz etc could be a potent forward line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back